Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 08/01/2021

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

This was posted on a Kenny Live thread, it actually happened, is not a spoof, it's no wonder Brass Eye was written...

Ah good lord

Were condoms legal then

Still haven’t found what I’m looking for was still in the charts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

Ah good lord

Were condoms legal then

No need just pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

No need just pull out.

Well that worked well for the old lad as he often reminded me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Like I say many times on the radio thread, I would prefer to see him do road trip type shows.

With the utmost of respect Cat-as I have found recently, we chime on a great many things, and I thought your suggestion a good one (as usual), but I fear he'd be on a train going through the crossing at Buttevant, and have to take a bathroom break with the emotion...

In short, he'd turn it into misery, while lifting the spirits of the nation.

He's socially numb, he's not suited to anything.

Even Michael Portillo redeemed himself somewhat on a train, this lad can't.

I think you also suggested children's programming-that might work, as long as they have no unwell relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Caledonia

physioman wrote: »
    So it's wrong to have full disclosure...look at irish history in recent times..catholic church scandal..cervical scandal..maurice McCabe scandal..covering up the truth shouldn't be allowed.

But like this is an academic screening audit. Screening is not meant to diagnose cancer it’s effective on a population base. Only half European countries do audits of cervical screening and of those only 3 I think disclose. So everyone shouting scandal and we are way ahead.
    The max in Sweden for the same issue if negligence proven is €10k.
    The RCOG review cleared screening and found it was as good as the long established UK programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks for the comments on this thread they sort of make me feel I’m normal and not a horrible git
    Viewing other social media sites and seeing praise for Tubys, his compassion, brilliant interviewing and people being in tears seeing a Covid Jab and saying it’s an inspiration. Sort of makes you wonder about yourself.

Thanks for the comments on this thread they sort of make me feel I’m normal and not a horrible git
    Viewing other social media sites and seeing praise for Tubys, his compassion, brilliant interviewing and people being in tears seeing a Covid Jab and saying it’s an inspiration. Sort of makes you wonder about yourself.

Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Caledonia

How could they be misdiagnosed when screening is not a diagnosis?
    False negatives are part of screening. There is no way to remove them and they aren’t negligence.
    The thinking is very much that there was no scandal. The review findings showed that.

Caledonia wrote: »
    How could they be misdiagnosed when screening is not a diagnosis?
    False negatives are part of screening. There is no way to remove them and they aren’t negligence.
    The thinking is very much that there was no scandal. The review findings showed that.

Tony has questions to answer stop defending this little hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

This was posted on a Kenny Live thread, it actually happened, is not a spoof, it's no wonder Brass Eye was written...

Why would you think it was a spoof?

This is a normal conversation when I was growing up and still is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ah good lord

Were condoms legal then

Rocky never used condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why would you think it was a spoof?

This is a normal conversation when I was growing up and still is!

His glasses, the topic, his plank body language, I couldn't keep a straight face seeing it first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,736 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tony has questions to answer stop defending this little hitler.

He has answered many questions relating to Cervical Check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

walshb wrote: »
    He has answered many questions relating to Cervical Check.

I do find it very confusing though. You listen to Liveline every day and they are covering another HSE scandal, Joe Duffy even said himself that he was sick of reading out statements from the HSE. Yet all of a sudden RTE now expect us to have full faith and not question the same HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,736 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I do find it very confusing though. You listen to Liveline every day and they are covering another HSE scandal, Joe Duffy even said himself that he was sick of reading out statements from the HSE. Yet all of a sudden RTE now expect us to have full faith and not question the same HSE.

I find the big big problem with society today is that nothing means much any more....everything is devalued....diluted

Scandal used to actually be a scandal....now, if something goes somewhat wrong, the word scandal is bandied about left right and center

Take even rape/sexual assault. Serious crimes against people...

Now, bumping into someone, or pinching a bottom or brushing off them sees people being labeled sex fiends and rapists...

The Sil Fox "scandal" shows this.......

And this all boils down to people having every platform available to spout...people juts want to be seen and heard now...and will go to any lengths to get the coverage..

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Preparations are going well for my post-jab orgy.

It’ll look a bit like this... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Preparations are going well for my post-jab orgy.

It’ll look a bit like this... :)

No Lisa McHugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Or it may look like this (spot a young Tess Daly)... :)

Btw I see via Twitter that the ambulance used by Vicky Phelan to reach the studio was a *private* one, not a public one. Happy to clear that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Ha, I was just doing a belated 'selected viewing' of the show now, with Donie's bit starting, when up he pops on CNN on the telly (which I had just turned on to see if there's any new 'entertainment' from current events) commenting on Parler etc :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement