Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 08/01/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Vicky knows the real nasty side of Tony Hoolahan, when he tried to bury the cervical cancer scandal

A few of the usual suspects keeping quiet since that interview. Really brings it home what occured. The covid message may have been mostly right or at times wrong but what's certain is the wrong man has been delivering it

But even the serious stuff can be done with sincerity and have you on the edge of your seat. It's terrible that it's presented by a man who is so lacking in any of the natural human reactions, and is responding to every guest in a paint by numbers manner. It all comes across as so false.

Like I say many times on the radio thread, I would prefer to see him do road trip type shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

The most ill-informed comments I've read on boards. Absolute nonsense.

Has the new vaccine been researched fully? You obviously have a memory issue regarding the swine flu vaccination that wasnt researched properly and led to people having side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    A few of the usual suspects keeping quiet since that interview. Really brings it home what occured. The covid message may have been mostly right or at times wrong but what's certain is the wrong man has been delivering it

True that.

That was hard watching, young kids and taking a massive risk to buy time.

The wrong man indeed

Blessed by some though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,748 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hulk Hands wrote: »

There was an awful lot of knee jerk reaction to the Cervical issues..

There had to be restraint and measure. The whole process was on the line. There was the fear that all confidence would be lost in a programme was created to do good..

Holohan gave his view and advice at that time..

There will always be people calling for heads to roll, and full disclosure and all the facts..

But things don’t, and should not always work like this..

There needed to be thought, restraint, measure and due diligence. There was an awful lot at stake

But even the serious stuff can be done with sincerity and have you on the edge of your seat. It's terrible that it's presented by a man who is so lacking in any of the natural human reactions, and is responding to every guest in a paint by numbers manner. It all comes across as so false.

Like I say many times on the radio thread, I would prefer to see him do road trip type shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

screamer wrote: »
    Cancer is a thief, it robs you of all the good memories of your loved ones, of happy times, of what they used to look like. I know myself if I ever have it and am terminal I’d want to be euthanised before the dire end of it, and not left wasting away with my family watching that, and being robbed by the thief.

It's hard to know. I used to feel that way, regarding euthanasia. My mother died from cancer a few years ago - and yes, she spent her final months physically and mentally fading away in front of our eyes. But there were happy times and nice memories too, even close to the end, because in the midst of something so terrible, you find yourself grasping for them, clinging onto them for dear life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭williestroker1

physioman wrote: »
    Has the new vaccine been researched fully? You obviously have a memory issue regarding the swine flu vaccination that wasnt researched properly and led to people having side effects.
    Yes it has. But I'm not going to argue with and obvious gob****e like you.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    There was an awful lot of knee jerk reaction to the Cervical issues..

There had to be restraint and measure. The whole process was on the line. There was the fear that all confidence would be lost in a programme was created to do good..

Holohan gave his view and advice at that time..

There will always be people calling for heads to roll, and full disclosure and all the facts..

But things don’t, and should not always work like this..

There needed to be thought, restraint, measure and due diligence. There was an awful lot at stake

So it's wrong to have full disclosure...look at irish history in recent times..catholic church scandal..cervical scandal..maurice McCabe scandal..covering up the truth shouldn't be allowed.

Full research = everyone getting it.

Next generation learns if there are any pitfalls, it's how medicine & science works. However an awful lot of theoretical well-founded research is put in first. We've come a long way from live smallpox vaccines that saved a lot more lives than were lost through it.

You clearly dont have a clue. Go and do some research...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I don’t have an issue with getting the vaccine. I’ve taken worse on nights out.

However, I do know attitudes like your don’t help with people who may have reservations getting it

Total arrogance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

The police will stroke your Willie

You clearly dont have a clue. Go and do some research...
    I work in the area. Where does your information come from - youtube, facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Sam Hain wrote: »
    The Healy Rae type Kerry accent.

The accent is put on-the same as the name.

Jackie Sr. adapted the suffix "Rae" on the advice of his then wife.

Everything about that crowd is a fabrication.

Full research = everyone getting it.

Next generation learns if there are any pitfalls, it's how medicine & science works. However an awful lot of theoretical well-founded research is put in first. We've come a long way from live smallpox vaccines that saved a lot more lives than were lost through it.
    Agree that full research is needed. 9 months research.... The EMA were forced into approving the 2nd vaccine this week due to political pressure..

I work in the area. Where does your information come from - youtube, facebook?

What is your job and what company?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,748 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So it's wrong to have full disclosure...look at irish history in recent times..catholic church scandal..cervical scandal..maurice McCabe scandal..covering up the truth shouldn't be allowed.

It’s a lot more nuanced than simple calls for full disclosure..Calls from the usual fake outrage brigade. And I am not talking about the women who were diagnosed/misdiagnosed incorrectly.

Awful lot more at stake and to consider..Nobody said truth should be covered up..

Holohan is not perfect. Nobody is. He gave his advice and professional opinion at the time..

Scally gave his report and its recommendations..

My point is the usual jumping to blame and slate and demand from people today, without any consideration for the far wider reaching implications..

Holohan was not sacked. He stood his ground because he said he was doing his job to his best ability and judgment at the time...

• Advertisement

If you don't want to have the vaccine don't. Nobody will force you. But stop trying to spread lies and nonsense.

Agree that full research is needed. 9 months research.... The EMA were forced into approving the 2nd vaccine this week due to political pressure..

Well, the alternative would be simply to get Covid instead, cos that's kinda how the choice is narrowing down. Anyway, I'll be taking the vaccine when offered, so will be part of the ongoing research.

Long term rock and roll receiptant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    "Let me ask you about tumours...and you."

To whom it may concern, this actually is the modern Late Late Show.

Not getting into the whole political discourse, to my mind they're all worthy of criticism and an impartial broadcaster would recognise that, and call it out. This witless beansprout, and his organisation, will never do THAT.

But there's a perversion at play within RTE, and he's a gleeful participant with questions like that.

It's sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »

His twitter name is just @donie.

Not gonna lie, the rest of us are jeeeaaalous.

Such a well informed and witty comment. I'd say you're great craic. Or terminally stupid.

You’re a winner stroker Willie

You’re a winner stroker Willie
    Something you'll never be

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

@donie is live on CNN now!

Something you'll never be

If the obvious doesn’t work I don’t know what will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This was posted on a Kenny Live thread, it actually happened, is not a spoof, it's no wonder Brass Eye was written...

Advertisement