Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 08/01/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Allinall

Going on her own, great family she has .

What’s that supposed to mean?

Do you know their circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Arduach wrote: »
    Right we all know tactile people whao aren't pedos.

Get to the main point. Your a Trump man I take it. Why? Sell him to us. Is it his medical knowledge, like bleach injections for covid?

Is it for his statesmaship? What is it?

Is it the unverified places you get your news? It is, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

She's an incredible woman. Don't know how she holds it together

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This is grim

Best of luck to her, she is a fighter.

Such a sad story. The mab she is on is a lifesaver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Exactly . Her story is sad, but it’s still
    Disgraceful and a bad sign of the hse. Also against covid guidelines.

She could have done it via Skype like donie o sullivan

Exactly,her story is definitely worth hearing but could be told as well from her home I would have thought...and with less risk to herself and others

• Registered Users Posts: 8,311 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Icsics wrote: »
    Ah God this is heartbreaking, fair play to you Vicky

In fairness this would stop even the most pragmatic bolix like myself in his tracks

Jeasus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ryan is looking for tears, but she is incredibly strong and resilient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is it the unverified places you get your news? It is, isn't it?

You don't have to get your news from anywhere when you have 2 ears and 2 eyes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Six months, away from the kids?

Crazy stuff. What happens if it doesn't work. Lost 6 precious months with her kids

• Advertisement

CH3OH wrote: »
    Ryan is looking for tears, but she is incredibly strong and resilient.

One strong woman

Even Stallone wouldn’t get the better of her

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Haha, here am I scrolling the LLS thread and an ad pops up:

"Want to know your IQ?"

Going on her own, great family she has .

That is unfair, you have no idea of their circumstances and the thinking behind their decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Vicky knows the real nasty side of Tony Hoolahan, when he tried to bury the cervical cancer scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I had a work colleague who presented to A and E in about May 2019 with awful pains in his stomach after having difficultly eating for a few days beforehand. Initially thought it was an ulcer, but they discovered it was cancer.

Went through months of chemo and evasive surgery where they cut it out, and while it seemed to be a success, they discovered an inoperable tumour soon after, and he died in September :(

It's a bastard. Seeing him wasting away towards the end was heartbreaking.

I usually sling a verbal grenade or two Tub's way in this thread...disarmed by a very moving conversation.

Vicky Phelan has extraordinary resolve, hoping the extended trial stateside miraculously turns it around for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I wish they could bring back Gay Byrne so that at least some sense of sincerity could be brought back to this sort of interview. Can we do that? Roll it there Roisin, please.

crazy, i think with Ovarian cancer, what'll kill here will be she will starve to death.

cancer will invade threw here Abdomen and suffocate her intestines eventually, that's usually the way itll kill ye

She has cervical cancer, which has different characteristics. There's another cancer, as well as ovarian, that suffocates innards likewise, myxoma peritonei, but now they have quite a successful treatment. I know somebody whose life was saved by excellent treatment available in Mater University Hospital. Any potential recurrence can be treated at annual scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

68 is just out of nappies on Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I have so much respect for her also, but I think she looks tired and worn out compared to previous interviews. Hope she looks after herself, and the trial works

• Advertisement

I usually sling a verbal grenade or two Tub's way in this thread...disarmed by a very moving conversation.

Vicky Phelan has extraordinary resolve, hoping the extended trial stateside miraculously turns it around for her.

Same here.

Tubs is completely off the hook now

For about 10 minutes

Radio 1 had an hour of Gay Byrne's live show over Christmas

Might be of interest to some people, I enjoyed it

He was well able to tell a yarn

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11267639

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What a waste of tax payer money using an ambulance to bring her to and from the rte studio

Should have been done on camera. Very very unfair on some poor individual who at this moment in time needs an ambulance urgently possibly to save their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

She barely got a visa because of our numbers.

Cheers to all those people who just had to have a normal Xmas.

Hope it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I wish they could bring back Gay Byrne so that at least some sense of sincerity could be brought back to this sort of interview. Can we do that? Roll it there Roisin, please.

Tubs is a virtue signaller of the highest order. He obvs has input into who his guest's should be and in what order.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Poor Vicky. Please god this works out for her. I can’t even imagine the desperation of trying every stab in the dark to try and stay alive for as long as you possibly can. The look on her face when she said she would be away from her family for four months. She’s not ready to die. I hope beyond hope this works wonders for her. She deserves it. I have the utmost respect for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

What a woman . wish her the very best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,096 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tubridy’s questions. Tries to sound so profound...but just comes across patronising. He really has a rare talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Feckin heartbreaking stuff though....not sure if she’ll come back,god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

God help her, and smarmy Ryan smirking away as he talks with her, ugh

Advertisement