Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can help me out here...

I'm looking for a protein powder that is free from...
    -Soya
    -Sweeteners(Sucralose, Asparatime, Malitol, sorbitol etc)

Sweetners such as Stevia, Erythritol or Xylitol are ok

Oh and an animal based protein powder, no plant based stuff
    Mellor wrote: »
    It would be a lot easier to pick up a unsweetened (or naturally sweetened) whey from My Protein,

https://www.myprotein.ie/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

This was my first thought but the OP may have a soy intolerance that would rule it out.

Unflavoured: Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk) (100%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin)

edit: Looking closer, Soy Lecithin may not be a show stopper though -

"soy lecithin is a lipid derivative of soy that contains only trace amounts of soy protein. It is commonly used as an emulsifier in processed foods."

"As a result, most allergists do not advise patients with soy allergy to avoid soy lecithin. But given the two incidents of hives after your daughter ate food containing this additive, be sure to discuss this further with her allergist."

https://www.allergicliving.com/experts/is-it-safe-for-those-with-a-soy-allergy-to-consume-soy-lecithin/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Collagen protein will do the trick.

I can't use whey or soy unless I want to spend the day on the toilet.

Collagen protein from bulk or myprotein does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Patsy167 wrote: »
    This was my first thought but the OP may have a soy intolerance that would rule it out.

Unflavoured: Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk) (100%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin)

They had a tread about it recently. No mention of intolerance. I think they just find the standard on very sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

italodisco wrote: »
    Collagen protein will do the trick.

I can't use whey or soy unless I want to spend the day on the toilet.

Collagen protein from bulk or myprotein does the job.

How does one flavour it?

They had a tread about it recently. No mention of intolerance. I think they just find the standard on very sweet.

I only commented on a thread about, soy lecithin...

The soy lecithin isn't an issue for me, it's the actual soya protein that some add in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How does one flavour it?

https://www.bulk.com/ie/liquiflav.html

I find those grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What do you folks do with Greek the yoghurt just mix the two together ?
    My last bag was chocolate peanut butter and it’s rank with water unless it’s almost frozen

Choc Peannu from Bulk Powders? I really like that favour. Think it tastes like Blondies (the cake)

Those buyos use sucralose

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Those buyos use sucralose

Forgot your earlier post soz!

I only commented on a thread about, soy lecithin...

The soy lecithin isn't an issue for me, it's the actual soya protein that some add in

Sorry I mixed you up with a poster who asked the exact same thing in a thread last week.

Stand by my suggestion though. Not sure why people are complicating it by projecting soy intolerances, or their dairy issued on to you.

What's wrong with plain old whey protein?
    In natural or stevia flavours obvs.

• Advertisement

Sorry I mixed you up with a poster who asked the exact same thing in a thread last week.

Stand by my suggestion though. Not sure why people are complicating it by projecting soy intolerances, or their dairy issued on to you.

What's wrong with plain old whey protein?
    In natural or stevia flavours obvs.

Was looking at bulkpowders Stevia Sweetened protein, but it's a blend of soya and whey from the ingredient list

Was looking at bulkpowders Stevia Sweetened protein, but it's a blend of soya and whey from the ingredient list

The one I linked is whey protein concentrate.
    Stevia Strawberry Flavour:
    Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk) (96%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Flavouring, Colour (Beetroot Red), Sweetener (Steviol Glycosides)

The one I linked is whey protein concentrate.

Apologizes, I only looked at the first 12 or so flavours(all of which had sucralose) but my word that's a lot of flavours

Thank you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Just bought protein fist time since brexit. Holy god, the price!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I bought a couple of kilos of MyProtein. Seems to arrive within 5-6 days of ordering now (to Dublin).

Whenever I see "new and improved flavour" I always buy it in the drop-down list of flavours. I'm convinced it's a marketing ploy, it always tastes indistinguishable from the last batch as far as I can tell, no matter the flavour.

Sometimes the "out there" flavours can be surprisingly good. Eton Mess is a better strawberry flavour than strawberry itself... The Pastel de nata is also really good, kind of a cookie dough / batter flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I haven't paid anything more, or it's been marginal - no different than before Brexit, you just have to hold off (if you can) for the fairly regular 45% or 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

my Protein 5KG €44.56 including delivery today

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

What are the best alternatives to my protein? Ordered from them over two weeks ago and still nothing. Contacted support who said that delivery can take 21 days. This seems ridiculous. I don't mind paying more elsewhere for a better delivery time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

HPNutrition are very good with delivery - will be significantly dearer than myprotein but it will come the next day in my experience. Some decent prices at times on the likes of ON etc. €48 for 2.2kg, PES Select 1.8kg for €40 and free delivery over €50 think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I've had decent delivery times with Bulk this side of Brexit also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I know it's not much consolation but I've never heard any issues like this before with MyProtein. I would get in touch with them to see whether somethings gone wrong in the background.

seems to have gone very slow, my order with MyProtein is with customs since about the 25th July

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I had one that was slow, and it was to do with the free hand sanitizer! But that was back at the start of the year iirc.

I ordered on the 19th.

They just said the order had been sent by them and tough luck it can take up to 21 days. Get back in touch with us then if it still has not arrived after this timeframe. I won't be ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I have always ordered from bulk powders, never had any issues until now.

Ordered on the 23rd July and it was dispatched immediately but never received it. 4 days ago I got an email apologising for the delay saying they are no longer allowed to ship animal products >2kg to Ireland. It was stopped at the FedEx facility in Basildon and sent back to Bulk.

They told me they are working on a solution but have said a refund is being actioned - critically low on the whey .. about 3/4 scoops left.

at least my one seems to be in Ireland

"Jul 30, 2021, 14:12 GMT+1

Hi

Thank you for contacting Fastway Couriers.

This is currently in our Central Sorting Hub awaiting full customs clearance. 

If you keep updated on www.fastway.ie tracking and it will provide you with any additional information. This should be out to you over the next 24 to 48 hours.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

This is standard practice. Most places will say wait up to 28 days to allow it time to arrive before refunding. Delayed parcels will usually arrive in that time frame, if it doesn't arrive after 28 days it's actually lost or misdelivered and they can issue a refund.

Otherwise everyone would be asking for a refund after a week. Bit childish to not shop somewhere because the delivery company have misplaced it.

I don't want to wait 3/4 weeks for something I can easily get elsewhere without that wait time. This looks like an issue a few people are/have had with them recently. So I think it is perfectly reasonable to look somewhere else more reliable for future purchases of a product many other companies sell. I don't see what is childish about that at all. Should I just keep ordering in the hopes things might be better next time or just go with someone I know will deliver it within a reasonable timeframe? I get that Brexit is causing some logistical problems so my hope when I originally posted was to find a company delivering from an Irish warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ordered over €100 worth of products from MyProtein, delivery date was expected to be July 21 - 23

Looking at the tracking, it says July 25th, Arrived in Country.

I just contacted MP tonight about this. Based on the replies ye got, I except I'll be told to wait it out another few weeks which is not ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I was just on to support who said my order (which has only been showing as "Departed The Hut" on 26 July and no update since) will be delivered by Friday, so fingers crossed.

I've also opened a PayPal dispute in the meantime, as is standard when an item has not been received by the expected delivery date.

Advertisement