Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

pmce4 wrote: »
    I was told yesterday on a call to customer services my charger would not arrive with phone as it was out of stock Although it was in stock when I ordered so not too sure how they are allocating stock to orders.
    I was also told mine was shipping yesterday but I received no tracking info so not hopeful it is even sent yet.
    I ordered mine on the 15th and still see it is processing... if this is delayed and I do not receive the phone by launch day it will be canceled and I will wait until it is reduced in a few months to save some money.

It'll ship on launch day. I've seen that before and won't arrive till Monday.

I don't know why they do Friday launches. Thursday be better for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I got everything in the box except for the stylus, I did get 2 Smart Tags mind, along with the Earbuds Pro, Case and Phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Reati wrote: »
    It'll ship on launch day. I've seen that before and won't arrive till Monday.

I don't know why they do Friday launches. Thursday be better for shipping.

Mine will be here tomorrow got email shipping with nightline

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Inquitus wrote: »
    I got everything in the box except for the stylus, I did get 2 Smart Tags mind, along with the Earbuds Pro, Case and Phone!

AFAIK the stylus didn't come free with the phone

Did you get 2 free tags or buy an extra 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Link to a quick bunch of photos I took at 0.6x, 1x, 3x, 10x, 30x, 100x

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g1usayy6r16gk7n/AABh2GDbAGEpbL4W0liEEW2Ca?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Did anyone who ordered 256GB from Samsung get dispatch email. Friend ordered on 22nd and nothing yet

dan786 wrote: »
    Did anyone who ordered 256GB from Samsung get dispatch email. Friend ordered on 22nd and nothing yet

I ordered 23rd. Didn't hear anything. Emailed for an update and was told it'd arrive by tomorrow but not holding my breath on that given no delivery emails yet.

Reati wrote: »
    I ordered 23rd. Didn't hear anything. Emailed for an update and was told it'd arrive by tomorrow but not holding my breath on that given no delivery emails yet.

I believe they are shipping in first pre-orders and on. Lots of boards members who ordered on launch day already have their phones. I ordered on the 15th and mine is arriving this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dan786 wrote: »

I received 256gb on Tuesday, ordered from Samsung on 15th.

I believe they are shipping in first pre-orders and on. Lots of boards members who ordered on launch day already have their phones. I ordered on the 15th and mine is arriving this afternoon.

Yeah I'd expected something like that and in no rush like, just surprised they promised Friday for my order and no sign of any communication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

Ours arrived today. Should have been here yesterday given it was on a "Promise next day delivery" service with An Post, but Covid has meant an extra days wait.

Trying to figure out how to claim the free ear buds and smart tag. Not seeing anything obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Ours arrived today. Should have been here yesterday given it was on a "Promise next day delivery" service with An Post, but Covid has meant an extra days wait.

Trying to figure out how to claim the free ear buds and smart tag. Not seeing anything obvious.

samsung members app from previous experience is where i claimed them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

feargantae wrote: »
    Hmm, Chill are €13/pm for the S21 256GB. They seem to be the only ones with a quote for the S21 series now.

I'm with Mobile Phone Insurance Direct who can't sell new policies due to Brexit but they said they can give me a quote for the S21 when i have the IMEI to hand. Hoping for cheaper than €13pm! Haha

Success! Phone is insured for €8.43 per month. Cracker of a price! Covers everything, loss, theft, damage, accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

feargantae wrote: »
    Success! Phone is insured for €8.43 per month. Cracker of a price! Covers everything, loss, theft, damage, accessories.

Just had a quick look at their website, seems they will try and offer a refurbished model if they can. That doesnt interest me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

Just had a quick look at their website, seems they will try and offer a refurbished model if they can. That doesnt interest me at all.

Yeah, seems a standard enough clause for phone insurance. However, I'd to claim off them last year and they sent me a brand new S9. It even had the plastic on it still. They just "reserve" the right to send a refurbished model.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭monster1

How do you order the case and pen from the Samsung website? I see it there but no option to add to cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Still no confirmation email from Samsung. If I don't receive it by 6 then I think I'll cancel the order.

Still no confirmation email from Samsung. If I don't receive it by 6 then I think I'll cancel the order.

Email for mine was after 3pm Monday. I say they have more to send out today then last few days to meet the release date tomorrow so might even be a bit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Darn chill insurance, they can't insure my 512GB model

Anyone find the fast wireless charger a bit slow for the Ultra. Does it have a special charging type cable or stand. I have a dual samsung dual charger which I got with my s10

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/janpreorder-select/en-IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

PTH2009 wrote: »
    AFAIK the stylus didn't come free with the phone

Did you get 2 free tags or buy an extra 1 ?

The Bundle I bought came with 2 Smart Tags (1 more than it should have), A Samsung Leather Case, the S21 Ultra 512gb, A 3 pin 25W charger (came in a separate package today), Ear Buds Pro. I also think I should be getting a stylus, we shall see!

FYI - When I ordered my S10+ it didn't actually ship till launch day (even though it was meant to be here on Launch day). I was told earlier in the week mine was going to be here tomorrow but have heard nothing from them or nightline so be surprised if anything shows up tomorrow.

My complete order arrived a few hours ago all setup and playing around with phone. Very impressed so far

No sign of any email. Looks like I will not be getting it on launch day. Now to ring them and cancel the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭monster1

monster1 wrote: »
    How do you order the case and pen from the Samsung website? I see it there but no option to add to cart.

Anyone? Or where would be the best place to get a case/screen protector? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Playing on the ultra now, any idea how to swipe right to get the Google news feed?

45 minutes waiting to get through to someone, only to be told I need to speak to their sales team. I rang the number on their website and selected the sales/orders section. I expected more from Samsung.

45 minutes waiting to get through to someone, only to be told I need to speak to their sales team. I rang the number on their website and selected the sales/orders section. I expected more from Samsung.

Friend got an email from Nightline with tracking few mins ago. No email from Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

My order will be here tomorrow. Got a text message and email from nightline regarding delivery details. Ordered on Monday the 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Playing on the ultra now, any idea how to swipe right to get the Google news feed?

hold on home screen for a second,then swipe right to pick it

Advertisement