Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

No headphones, chargers or accessories. Plastic backs and 1080p screens on the s21 and s21 plus. No micro sd card support on the s21 and s21 plus. For €1000? Not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

No headphones, chargers or accessories. Plastic backs and 1080p screens on the s21 and s21 plus. No micro sd card support on the s21 and s21 plus. For €1000? Not a chance.
    If thats the case, i would agree. Sounds like 800 would be a fairer price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Rip off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Allegedly significant improvements in the camera department...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sounds like they're releasing the Samsung S19. I'm using Samsung phones for the past 6 years. I'm finally going elsewhere.

Samsung have gone full retard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone watch the event,I didn't see it but from what I've seen online most people seem unhappy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone watch the event,I didn't see it but from what I've seen online most people seem unhappy with it.

Mental money for these. No chargers or headphones in the box, no micro sd expansion, s21 and s21 plus have only 8gb RAM and 128gb Storage. Plastic back on the s21. 1080p screen on the s21 and plus. Average batteries. Why anyone would spend money on these is beyond me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MKBHD:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

It's all on the camera, specially on the Ultra, if it lives up to the expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's crazy people have got used to paying almost €1000 for a phone. Not so long ago the flagships were all about €6-700.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Time for an upgrade from my S10

New range very pricy and then the battle of continuing my bill pay or buying phone right out and going sim only plan

I imagine the freebies are only with the ultra ?

PTH2009 wrote: »

New range very pricy and then the battle of continuing my bill pay or buying phone right out and going sim only plan

No ,they all have buds and smart tag but think Ultra gets the Bud Pro.

I think the difference in the freebies are that you get downgraded from the buds pro to the buds live.

I'm open to correction though.

it seems nice and all...but if the note 20 ultra drops in price this week, id go for that...

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I think the difference in the freebies are that you get downgraded from the buds pro to the buds live.

I'm open to correction though.

Id be happy with that

Need to do my maths before and not rush in to buying too quickly

Check your emails lads. Just got €50 off code for the ultra from a samsung email.

Ahh even though the price goes down by €50, they're still trying to charge me the original price. Stupid

Check your emails lads. Just got €50 off code for the ultra from a samsung email

Got no email, if anyone is not using the discount code ill take it

256GB Ultra model is €899 with Three bill pay (€45 a month for 2 years which i'm on now with contract finishing in April)

I could buy the phone outright (Ultra 512GB model)for €1479 off Samsung and then try and get a cheaper sim only plan starting in April.

Head is melted esp with the free gifts only for pre sales possibility

Check your emails lads. Just got €50 off code for the ultra from a samsung email.

Ahh even though the price goes down by €50, they're still trying to charge me the original price. Stupid

The €50 discount code works on any of the models although it only says Ultra on the email.

The €50 discount code works on any of the models although it only says Ultra on the email.

Doesn't seem to work at all. When I click purchase, my revolut is trying to charge me the full price yet the samsung page shows my final price is €50 less than what samsung is asking me for on Revolut.

Can anyone else confirm the same issue?

Doesn't seem to work at all. When I click purchase, my revolut is trying to charge me the full price yet the samsung page shows my final price is €50 less than what samsung is asking me for on Revolut.

Can anyone else confirm the same issue?

I saw an order placed earlier and the discount worked but I will double check in the morning.

• Advertisement

Comparing the S21 to S20 and am I correct saying there is no upgrade at all ?

If anything it's downgraded.

Comparing the S21 to S20 and am I correct saying there is no upgrade at all ?

If anything it's downgraded.

S20 and S20+ seem to be a downgrade for me. I'm going with the Ultra which looks really solid.

Samsung are some baxtards for there trade in requirements, im disqualified because of a small crack on the end of my S10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Samsung are some baxtards for there trade in requirements, im disqualified because of a small crack on the end of my S10

Trade in price is poor enough anyway. Trading my S20 Ultra 128GB against an S21 Ultra 128GB would still set me back 870 euro.

Only found out now the bastards got rid of the SD slot

Looking more and more likely i'll get the 512GB ultra model (which is not available for any Irish seller) outright and try get a sim only plan when my contract ends

I save a lot of photos/videos on my phone and always safe to have some extra storage space

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DubLad69

I ordered an Ultra on the Samsung website, but didn't get an order confirmation. Anyone else in the same situation?

Got no email, if anyone is not using the discount code ill take it

256GB Ultra model is €899 with Three bill pay (€45 a month for 2 years which i'm on now with contract finishing in April)

I could buy the phone outright (Ultra 512GB model)for €1479 off Samsung and then try and get a cheaper sim only plan starting in April.

Head is melted esp with the free gifts only for pre sales possibility

I am on an old sim free plan on three and out of contract.
    512 and extra 4gb of ram would be the only difference? Extra ram would be good...

DubLad69 wrote: »
    I ordered an Ultra on the Samsung website, but didn't get an order confirmation. Anyone else in the same situation?

I still didn't get one since last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

No nothing either

• Advertisement

Pool4Life wrote: »
    No nothing either

Looks like I may have accidentally bought two of them so.

Looks like I may have accidentally bought two of them so.

If you set up an account you can check below link. Scroll down to the bottom of the page then click on shop then profile it will show order.
    https://shop.samsung.com/ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

I normally upgrade each year but thinking twice this time around, 21 ultra seems the only one to to for coming from a 20+, I would have actually prefared the 21+ with the flat screen, but even with samsung offering 410 as a trade, its the guts of 900 then to switch, I can't really justify it for what your getting (or loosing)

Pool4Life wrote: »
    If you set up an account you can check below link. Scroll down to the bottom of the page then click on shop then profile it will show order.
    https://shop.samsung.com/ie/

No it's not showing there. Not sure if I should order again, I've already been charged twice.

No it's not showing there. Not sure if I should order again, I've already been charged twice.

If you call 0818302016 they should help you.

5500 wrote: »
    I normally upgrade each year but thinking twice this time around, 21 ultra seems the only one to to for coming from a 20+, I would have actually prefared the 21+ with the flat screen, but even with samsung offering 410 as a trade, its the guts of 900 then to switch, I can't really justify it for what your getting (or loosing)

In the same as you but I ended up choosing the ultra. Only .1 inch bigger so not a big step up I nsize which I'm happy with.

I still can't believe how **** the S21 and the plus look versus the S20.

• Advertisement

In the same as you but I ended up choosing the ultra. Only .1 inch bigger so not a big step up I nsize which I'm happy with.

I still can't believe how **** the S21 and the plus look versus the S20.

I went with the Ultra too. Currently have the 20+, do the 21+ seemed like a downgrade. Then you get the earbud pro instead of the regular ones.

It doesn't say much about what samsung thinks of their own phones when they are paying more of a trade in value for an iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I am torn between the Galaxy FE 5G or the S21 standard, both in my budget range just about.

Pros I can see with the FE

Cheaper
    Snapdragon processor
    Bigger Screen
    SD Expansion
    Plug in box :-)

Cons
    Older
    Android 10 for now
    Less ram

S21

Pro's
    More Ram
    Most up to date camera
    Free Gifts
    Getting €180 trade in value against my S8 plus

After trade in S21 would cost me €699 with free gifts
    FE5G would cost me €619 on three + €10 to unlock

What's everyone think?

Jesus that was expensive €1504 for the Ultra 512GB model and a case. Thanks Samsung ye dickheads for taking away the SD slot

I got three down to a maximum of €20 (€25 with 5G add on) a month for when my contract expires in April. Insurance is the next thing to sort out

Jesus that was expensive €1504 for the Ultra 512GB model and a case. Thanks Samsung ye dickheads for taking away the SD slot

I got three down to a maximum of €20 (€25 with 5G add on) a month for when my contract expires in April. Insurance is the next thing to sort out

Do you actually use the storage? I've a S20+ with only 128gb and it's nearly half empty, with my photos on the cloud.

Do you actually use the storage? I've a S20+ with only 128gb and it's nearly half empty, with my photos on the cloud.

I have an 238gd card in my current phone and 217.6Gb is used up. Phones storage is 128GB with 68.1GB free atm

With the new range having no SD card slot ill be coming my entire card over

Like many others here, no confirmation email yet but the transaction is showing up on my account

• Advertisement

seem to be any deals across the various networks?
    im with 3 on a sim only plan

Since the Buds and Tag are added to the basket and we don't have to claim them separately when ordering direct from Samsung this year, is there a chance that we might get them on release?

It usually takes 2 months.

Since the Buds and Tag are added to the basket and we don't have to claim them separately when ordering direct from Samsung this year, is there a chance that we might get them on release?

It usually takes 2 months.

think you have a certain time frame to redeem the offer through the Samsung members app on your new device (5th March is the deadline i think)

think you have a certain time frame to redeem the offer through the Samsung members app on your new device (5th March is the deadline i think)

Not this time, it says that if you order from the Samsung website that they are just added to your basket and you don't need to claim. Although it does say that they might not be delivered at the same time as the phone.

Ill def use the buds (still have the 1st gen ones i got free with my s10) but don't think i have much use for the smart tag

Ill def use the buds (still have the 1st gen ones i got free with my s10) but don't think i have much use for the smart tag

What are the buds and smart tag worth?
    I plan on selling both if I do make an order .

What are the buds and smart tag worth?
    I plan on selling both if I do make an order .

Buds Pro are €239
    Tag is €30 (what a rip off, if I wasant getting it free I definitely wouldn't buy it )

Is the brown version avaliable anywhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Does the lack of SD card slot also mean that it’s not DUAL SIM?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Does the lack of SD card slot also mean that it’s not DUAL SIM?

A YouTuber took tjensim cardnteay out and I could see two slots. Haven't read anything about it being dual sim or not though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement