Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

chrisire wrote: »
    hold on home screen for a second,then swipe right to pick it

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Healers39 wrote: »
    My order will be here tomorrow. Got a text message and email from nightline regarding delivery details. Ordered on Monday the 25th.

Is your account on samsung shop updated to shipped?

45 minutes waiting to get through to someone, only to be told I need to speak to their sales team. I rang the number on their website and selected the sales/orders section. I expected more from Samsung.

It's ran by a 3rd party. Exertis if I spelled it right. Look for their number or email

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

Reati wrote: »
    Is your account on samsung shop updated to shipped?

No. My account still says " Order is being processed by Exertis "

Wow the buds pro are absolute quality, sounds is great even at higher volume levels, but the ambient mics are so so good and the talk detection feature works so well.

The smart tag is very handy too, pop on the keys and away u go, the fact that the tag can instantly find your phone is going to be so so handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,921 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wow the buds pro are absolute quality, sounds is great even at higher volume levels, but the ambient mics are so so good and the talk detection feature works so well.

The smart tag is very handy too, pop on the keys and away u go, the fact that the tag can instantly find your phone is going to be so so handy.

yeah love the buds, make sure you get to know the settings almost blew the ears off myself with that noise detection thing

Finding insurance is hard enough esp for the 512GB model. Chill cancelled mine earlier as they only go up the 256GB version

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

Has anyone ever used gadgetinsurance.com? I know s21 not on their site yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

Pool4Life wrote: »

Used it once for S10+ for a year, straight forward really didn't have to send in any forms to register. Will only be needed when having to put in a claim which I never had to do thankfully, so I can't help you hear unfortunately.

They renewed the policy the following year automatically without asking me, so emailed straight away asking to cancel it and they refunded my account the next day, so that was a positive sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Any recommendations for cases? I got the official Samsung transparent with kickstand but don't like it whatsoever. Kickstand is very protruding and case doesn't protect the camera housing. I think it can get easily scratched which i didn't realized when purchasing it. Need to find one with full cover on the back or one of those small camera housing stickers.

Update:
    This looks pretty good actually.
    https://latercase.com/products/galaxy-s21-ultra-thin-case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Pool4Life wrote: »

I've been using them for a few years now. Had a claim when my S7 got smashed. €75 to have the glass both sides repaired. Very easy to deal with I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,921 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

had a look for curiosity and if you buy any S21 (including the Ultra) from now you now only get a set of Galaxy Buds Live as your free gift

thankfully pre ordering was the way to go and works out better value regarding the freebies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Just got a call from CPW, my phones ready for collection, will be popping in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

So my preorder is going to be delivered within 3 to 4 weeks. They won't even cancel the order. The person I dealt with had a very poor line and was impossible to hear. I am really annoyed with Samsung.

Does anyone know who to contact about cancelling the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

kave2 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for cases? I got the official Samsung transparent with kickstand but don't like it whatsoever. Kickstand is very protruding and case doesn't protect the camera housing. I think it can get easily scratched which i didn't realized when purchasing it. Need to find one with full cover on the back or one of those small camera housing stickers.

Update:
    This looks pretty good actually.
    https://latercase.com/products/galaxy-s21-ultra-thin-case

I got this one free with the phone, similar to the one you mentioned.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-leather-cover-black-ef-vg998lbegus/

EF-VG998_001_Front_Black_1600x1200.jpg?$product-details-jpg$

EF-VG998_002_Back_Black_1600x1200.jpg?$product-details-jpg$

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Did anyone get Ultra today from Samsung? Friend got his but no buds just phone and the smarttag

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

So my preorder is going to be delivered within 3 to 4 weeks. They won't even cancel the order. The person I dealt with had a very poor line and was impossible to hear. I am really annoyed with Samsung.

They basically cannot refuse to cancel, ring them again and do a charge back on your card if they refuse again. they obviously took too many pre-orders. refer them to your rights regarding purchasing online and the timelines re: 14 days allowed to return the item unopened etc..
    Or create a fuss and get them to throw in more freebies.. extra tag and case etc for the inconvenience.

Email Extermis or however you spell it - They have done so over email for me before. No BS from them.

pmce4 wrote: »
    They basically cannot refuse to cancel, ring them again and do a charge back on your card if they refuse again. they obviously took too many pre-orders. refer them to your rights regarding purchasing online and the timelines re: 14 days allowed to return the item unopened etc..
    Or create a fuss and get them to throw in more freebies.. extra tag and case etc for the inconvenience.

I just contacted my bank and they advised to wait 15 days to open a dispute. I am really annoyed with Samsung. They won't deal with this online, social media only by phone. It is an 0818 number and the call quality is terrible. I tried calling from my landline too.

Reati wrote: »
    Email Extermis or however you spell it - They have done so over email for me before. No BS from them.

Emailed them 2 days ago, no reply.

ring em they have a base in Dublin and Limerick (01) 408 7171

Limerick number (061) 226 600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

You might have wrong email address. I get replies from them within hours. I sent an email about something at 7pm last night and got a reply at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Did you try ringing exertis? They are usually sound to deal with.
    I ordered the ultra 128gb on Monday and no sign of it shipping yet, I see on the site its saying dispatch from the 18th February further down the page, contradicting the instock and next day delivery further up the page, so just be aware of a delay if your in a hurry and thinking of buying

ring em they have a base in Dublin and Limerick (01) 408 7171

Limerick number (061) 226 600

Rang them earlier, they directed me back to Samsung. I'll give them a shout now.
    dan786 wrote: »
    You might have wrong email address. I get replies from them within hours. I sent an email about something at 7pm last night and got a reply at 11pm.

The email address I used was Ireland.SamsungSupport@exertis.com. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Dilemma for me.

I'm still using an S8 after stopping with the yearly rollover to the latest model in 2017. I prefer to purchase outright and stick with my current sim only billing.

With trade in, I can get the following as net cost to change:

S20 FE 5G 128GB (no gifts): €669
    S20 5G 128GB - not available
    S21 5G 128GB with free buds (but I've already got a pair): €679

Thoughts? Should I look around for the S20 instead in a phone store sim only given some of the feedback here so far, and that it may end up falling in price now that the S21 is available?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

ciarsd wrote: »
    Dilemma for me.

I'm still using an S8 after stopping with the yearly rollover to the latest model in 2017. I prefer to purchase outright and stick with my current sim only billing.

With trade in, I can get the following as net cost to change:

S20 FE 5G 128GB (no gifts): €669
    S20 5G 128GB - not available
    S21 5G 128GB with free buds (but I've already got a pair): €679

Thoughts? Should I look around for the S20 instead in a phone store sim only given some of the feedback here so far, and that it may end up falling in price now that the S21 is available?

The new buds are a lot better than the original ones, not sure what buds you have. You can always sell the buds and recoup some decent money if you get them free. I would go with the S21 5G with free buds given the options you outlined above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Inquitus wrote: »
    The new buds are a lot better than the original ones, not sure what buds you have. You can always sell the buds and recoup some decent money if you get them free. I would go with the S21 5G with free buds given the options you outlined above.

Thanks for the guidance, yes I just picked up a pair of the new Live Buds at christmas. Good point on selling them on unopened. Makes the S21 a competitive price! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

To anyone who's trading in their old phone. When do we send it off? The email mentioned a prepaid parcel coming in the post to send it off in but no sign of it yet. A bit worried cos it says its to be done within a week.

Just wondering from people with past experience upgrading to the s20 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

feargantae wrote: »
    To anyone who's trading in their old phone. When do we send it off? The email mentioned a prepaid parcel coming in the post to send it off in but no sign of it yet. A bit worried cos it says its to be done within a week.

Just wondering from people with past experience upgrading to the s20 etc

Samsung told me they would send the envelope 7 days after I get the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ratoath25 wrote: »
    Samsung told me they would send the envelope 7 days after I get the phone

I got my return/trade envelope in the post this morning.

• Advertisement

Received an email, looks to be a generic one saying that they will deliver my phone by 12/02/21. They are offering me a €50 voucher that can be redeemed on the Samsung website. If I wait, would I still qualify for the buds pro a smart tag does anyone know?

Advertisement