Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

So what's been the general trend in trade-in valuations. What you were expecting or low balling?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ummagumma_78

I have been offered €13500 for 2017 Skoda superb estate which is considerably lower than what I had hoped. Considering trying to move it on myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

You would think it’s worth between 17500 and 20K depending on spec, mileage and condition and that’s for a private sale this side of Christmas, if being priced against a 2023 delivery, from the dealers perspective it’s a year older and may be priced at what you’d expect a current 2016 car to sell for. Most buyers can’t see past a cars year even with the split reg model

It’s an Executive model so high spec with 170K km so I reckon it’s worth approx €18k or €19K as well. The logistics of trying to manage a private sale around Christmas/NY would be tricky. But the trade in value the dealer is offering is pretty poor imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Did you try Zucar? Sold my last car to them when financing my ioniq 5. Much better than anywhere else.

• Advertisement

Thanks - I will get on to them to see what they have to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

I would call the Skoda dealer who supplied it, and indeed other Skoda dealers - especially outside Dublin. Mileage a bit high but they will have buyers lined up for any Superb Combi they can get

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Received an update for our dealer today.

We were expecting a galactic grey platinum in January. Dealer has just inform us that our car is not on the boat and doesn’t know when he will have a galactic grey. Dealer has offered a black platinum instead. Not sure if we will accept

Original premium plus was ordered back in October 21. Crazy that after all this waiting we still won’t get the car that was actually ordered after the mass cancellation last June.

Anyone else expecting to receive a galactic grey in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

Expecting an Exec Plus cyber grey in January after ordering in April. Haven't heard a word from the dealer, just that 'it is still on track for a January delivery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jackben75

i had provisionally ordered a galactic grey Premium but cancelled, i was told March though. I am unhappy with the PCP offerings and well the Cars are a bit overpriced now, I was further put off by hearing from a colleague that their friend smacked the battery on a speed bump and caused serious damage to it (no further detail given). All in all, i am on the fence and waiting for mid next year. The prices have to come down on these as well as other offerings. Quietly hoping the EV6 will become available at a reduced price, but at least the kia pcp apr is more reasonable at 3.9%. Kia Nero looks decent too, possibly the best value newer EV around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭yer man!

I ordered the galactic grey. Dealer said today that it was amongst the latest batch to arrive on the boat in Cork. All set for delivery first week in Jan. He said he himself has 30 Ioniq 5s to delivery the first week of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

I'd say a lot of those orders will fall through when people start getting their trade in valued. A lot of deals still won't give a quote yet

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

thanks yer man!

Did you order platinum also?

where is your dealer based?

thanks

No, I ordered executive plus. Only realised you mentioned platinum after I posted.

It's in Dublin, dealer seemed optimistic about stock for next year across various colours and trims anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

I ordered galactic grey premium about two months ago. Was told that was the only colour available for March and they weren’t taking orders on other colours

He seemed confident about March/April but he is a salesman

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Potentially silly question but are floor mats standard with all Ioniq 5? I've never had a car that didn't have mats but looking back at delivery photos in this thread from last year and I don't see any. Just trying to line evrything up for January here.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

They came in ours and we didn't specifically ask for them.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭denismc

I think mats were an extra in my Exec for 40 Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Spotted this morning (from my ID4..) a trailer load of Ioniq 5's on the way from Cork to their forever homes!!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Anyone changed tyres yet (20 inch) Michelin pilot sports. But they are like hens teeth and for that reason fairly dear quoted around 350/360 mark for them (Hyundai dealer said they don't have them either).

Any other alternatives ye know of that are good looking at hankooks, Bridgestone or continental range from 240 to 310.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What size are the tyres? Michelin seem to have gone up in price recently, I looked at the Pilot Sport 4 S for my Cupra in 215/45/20 and they were €30 or so more than a few months ago on Oponeo and tyre places seem to be €20-30 on top of that price which is in line with fitting charges for supplying your own tyre.

Are you looking for EV specific tyre models?

Initially yeah looking for EV tyre models but I suspect you can also use SUV tyres (reinforced). But no experience there I suspect they would impact on battery efficiency?

What did you end up going with on the Cupra (I take it you have a Formentor hybrid)?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

I have finally been told that my order has been assigned a chassis number/VIN, so it is confirmed as set for delivery in January. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I have a Cupra Born, haven't changed tyres yet just looking at replacing the Continental EcoContact 6 due to poor wet grip.

I believe performance tyres can reduce range up to 10% but I find a heavier RWD EV gets the power down better so you might not need to go as high end as Pilot Sport, I imagine the Michelin Primacy would be just as suitable. Both have EV versions but their lower rolling resistance generally means less grip. A non EV Primacy for example might be a suitable middle ground but as I said, Michelin stuff seems to have gone up in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭axe2grind

I see V2L is standard on the premium plus specs. Is the external V2L available with the other specs? This really appeals to me but premium plus specs is outside my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You just need a cable. Someone linked a 3rd party one here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It does. I have an Exec Plus, I bought one of those cables (I think I was the one who originally posted the link), and I've used it several times.

• Advertisement

Anyone have one of those dongles for wireless Android Auto/CarPlay? Obviously third party only solutions but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with some that work well with the car?

Advertisement