Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Anyone expecting delivery in de whest. Passed a transporter heading the Galway direction this morning with Hyundai's, had a few ioniq 5's on it. Hard to say if execs or platinums as had the plastic covering on the wheel trims.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Who would be the best dealer to deal with in Dublin in terms of Ioniq5 delivery times and attitude towards customers? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

Just reading about the Ionity premium subscription on the UK forum, afaik the subscription starts once you activate your card, can anyone confirm?

I don't plan on activating mine until I am ready for a long journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

I used the UK version, and you had to pick your activation date when registering. You can put a date in the future thought (I put mine down for the day we sailed to France for summer holidays)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Corporatemarky

Hutton and Meade Hyundai Ballycoolin (get there via N/M2 or thru Finglas/Cappagh Hospital) are awesome. I’ve an Ioniq 5 on order, arriving this month for a 231 reg. But I may now have a Nissan Ariya so may be cancelling the Ioniq 5…

• Advertisement

Alan Clark in Hutton & Meade highly recommended

I don’t work for them btw 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭John arse

Have an ioniq 5 coming in jan but have to say the ariya is nice-lovely interior,is there many available i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

What spec/colour is the one you're thinking of cancelling?

I have one on order from them but not going to be here until March.

It’s the 58 kWH Premium. Cyber grey. Very few Ariyas. Garage told me yest (and for a number of weeks been consistent) that total uncertainty about Ariya deliveries in 2023.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Whats the current wait on Top Specs? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

You talking about Platinum & Premium Plus?

Probably March at the earliest & that might only be a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

I would have thought manufacturers (not just Hyundai) would prioritise the top end sales as when they only have limited chips (meaning sales) they would try to extract most value as possible

Did any of you purchase the Supagard treatment from the dealership? What are your thoughts about it may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 footballrusty

Let me know if you are - I will take it! What spec/colour is it??

I believe this question is for me. It's a Platinum Mystic Olive. Yours?

Have got Supagard / similar paint treatments last few new cars. Can’t say exactly what it does but all the cars come up stunning when cleaned…haven’t had interior staining so can’t say much abt the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Emphatically told them we didn't want or wouldn't pay for any extras on our early 2022 Executive, but they still put on the Supagard anyway.😂

Not sure of the benefit but car paint still looks great anyway. Not sure about the interior treatment, was a bit too glossy and seemed to cause water marks if inside trim got wet, but at least seems to be wearing off by now.

Personally I would prefer to give my cars a coat or two of a good wax such as Collinite 845 a few times a year and would not pay for a treatment such as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Does anyone know if cars are in storage in Cork port from the last ship? I'm told my car is ready and waiting in Cork until January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭yer man!

Does the executive plus trim come with auto dimming rear view mirror? Or is it a lever job thing?

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

My exec plus has a lever job thing. I actually find I don't need it much, as the back window tint mostly takes care of glare.

Do you think there's anything in the upper trims that you think the executive plus should have? Or anything you miss in it?

Hmm, I haven't looked at the spec comparisons since before I bought back in February. I was a bit taken aback by the mirror lever thingy, but it hasn't really been an issue. I was a wee bit surprised not to have wireless Android Auto also, but I don't think that's an option on any spec level and again I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.

Oh yeah: no front bumper parking sensors. That really took me by surprise on a car of this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭D_D

I think the lack of wireless Android Auto is down to the screen size. Anything over 10" apparently needs additional licenses from Google for it to be wireless, hence Kia and Hyundai's are wired AA...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

No front parking sensors is definitely a big thumbs down. For this price anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

That is a PITA at times. Especially cos it's a bigger car than it looks.

Are they on any trim level, I can't see it mentioned on the spec list at all

I couldn't live without rear sensors, but front I've learned to cope without.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Front park sensors are Platinum spec and above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Do you find you're comfortable knowing where the front of the car is when parallel parking in a tight space? My one thing I'm worried about when the car comes is swiping a front corner in that scenario.

Advertisement