Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Has Punk not held the world title for over a year, 6th longest reign?

I mean in the draft, it’s an excellent combo to get and one that I never thought someone would be able to get due to the popularity of both guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    It's just a normal round, you can make a single or tag team pick (as long as it conforms to the rules) with the added stipulation that your pick (or picks) must have held tag team gold in the WWE.

I see...technically I could pick a proper tag team but split them out on my roster (assuming they weren't world champion).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

I mean in the draft, it’s an excellent combo to get and one that I never thought someone would be able to get due to the popularity of both guys

Crossed wires, I meant from a valid pick POV, but brian has cleared that up for me above

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah once you draft them you can do what ever you like with them

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I see...technically I could pick a proper tag team but split them out on my roster (assuming they weren't world champion).

you can do literally anything you want with you picks, split them yourself on your show even

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Bryan and Punk on the same roster, has that happened before?

I'm not sure, I don't think it has any of the years I've taken part at least. Very happy with the combo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NITRO95 wrote: »
    They did. They headlined the Chicago portion of WrestleMania II

I even checked with Necro before making the pick

*chef kiss*

Great research. Brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

They did. They headlined the Chicago portion of WrestleMania II

I even checked with Necro before making the pick

Sorry about that. That’s a great find Nitro. I flagged AJ for sure but entirely forgot about the multi arena nature of Mania 2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Shows how Cody's stock has risen, got him and Goldie in rd4 last year and remember being very pleased that I jumped on that pick early then. May be bigger solo names but not many with as big potential to write for as characters and that goes for both guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Pick made, PM sent.

Delighted to add one half of one of the most influential tag teams of all time to the roster.
    Nothing nailed down idea wise yet, but Hardy gives me a range of paths to go down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Liking how some of the rosters are shaping up thus far, Bryan and Punk is tasty!

Ditto with Matt and Edge, and HHH and the Rhodes Bros is money waiting to be printed too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's not forgetting Randy Savage and Eddie as well, only after noticing that!

Intrigued by Nitros picks though, Bulldogs and Pac is an interesting mix and could be brilliant

Now I hate to be that guy, but Nakamura is an IWGP champ, so can’t be drafted as part of a team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Now I hate to be that guy, but Nakamura is an IWGP champ, so can’t be drafted as part of a team

My mistake

Assumed once Eddie was it was fine, but may have the draft order incorrect on that one

will take him out!!

Cesaro shall be a lonely cyborg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Happy to pick up Drew there

Does Drew fall into the same rule as Shin? or WWE counts not?

Sorry first time on the roundabout!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Does Drew fall into the same rule as Shin? or WWE counts not?

Sorry first time on the roundabout!

Drew works since he is being drafted by himself. The way the world title rule works with tag teams is that you cannot draft someone as a tag team if they won either the WWE, TNA, IWGP, WCW or NWA (Pre-TNA year) world title.

Drew works since he is being drafted by himself. The way the world title rule works with tag teams is that you cannot draft someone as a tag team if they won either the WWE, TNA, IWGP, WCW or NWA (Pre-TNA year) world title.

ah perfect!!

Thank you for the explanation :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    ah perfect!!

Thank you for the explanation :)

No worries! The world title rule can cause some confusion on the first go. Nothing worse though than picking a team only to discover someone won one of the belts for an obscure amount of time that flew under the radar!

Yeah TBC has covered it well, you can pick any singles star as long as they've won a tag belt in WWE, but if you're drafting a tag team you need to make sure:

A) Both have won tag gold in WWE (for this round as per the stip)
    B) they fall under the tag team rule as per OP
    C) Neither have won one of the 'recognised' world titles (in draft terms anyways).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Ok I have my main event in my head so I am now expecting you all to ruin it on me :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I think the order for this round posted in the Picks thread is wrong? It has me picking before beakerjoe, which is wrong - I picked before him last round. That is the only mistake, I think?

It's listed as:
    7 paulie21
    8 ShagNastii
    9 Mr. Guappa
    10 beakerjoe
    11 thebostoncrab
    12 daithi1989

But should be:
    7 paulie21
    8 ShagNastii
    9 Mr. Guappa beakerjoe
    10 beakerjoe Mr. Guappa
    11 thebostoncrab
    12 daithi1989

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Happy with Mox. He was the one guy I had any real plan for this year.

Shag is going to build a roster out of the best picks that have never been drafted in the last 5 years right? Im a Quebecers fan, how can you not remember them fondly.

Cesaro is one of my favs. He took BCW by storm in my first winning year with his own Indy 4 Horsemen.

Still some fantastic picks available. My list has 4 lads who i assumed would be gone by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

beakerjoe wrote: »

All you need now is Justin Roberts and you have a battle of the JAAAAAAAWWWWNNNNNNNNs

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    I think the order for this round posted in the Picks thread is wrong? It has me picking before beakerjoe, which is wrong - I picked before him last round. That is the only mistake, I think?

Oops!! Cheers for noticing, I'll update later Mr. G

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

beakerjoe wrote: »

Shag is going to build a roster out of the best picks that have never been drafted in the last 5 years right? Im a Quebecers fan, how can you not remember them fondly.

Cesaro is one of my favs. He took BCW by storm in my first winning year with his own Indy 4 Horsemen.

Still some fantastic picks available. My list has 4 lads who i assumed would be gone by now

I had one guy who was on a shortlist of 5 for my first round pick, who is still available now. I think I'm going to have to pick him, even though I'm not sure I'll put him against Bret. Loads of top drawer picks still out there.

I'll have my pick up in the next hour or so, just need to ponder a bit - it's all moving so fast!

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    I'll have my pick up in the next hour or so, just need to ponder a bit - it's all moving so fast!

Agreed. At this rate I'll need to put up Round 3 this eve...

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I had one guy who was on a shortlist of 5 for my first round pick, who is still available now. I think I'm going to have to pick him, even though I'm not sure I'll put him against Bret. Loads of top drawer picks still out there.

I'm in a similar boat, so I'm hoping your pick makes it easy for me! I have a name that, if it get's to me, I can't skip just because of the potential, and I honestly didn't think they would last this long, but if you pick them then my back-up is more of a planned storyline side of things. So currently doing a ton of back and forth on my notepad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I think instead of picking huge names you are better off picking guys/gals that fit into where you want to go. Obviously if a huge name is available and can fit then go for it but I always find by the last couple of rounds that there is some massive names available for trade because they don't fit in anywhere

• Advertisement

I think instead of picking huge names you are better off picking guys/gals that fit into where you want to go. Obviously if a huge name is available and can fit then go for it but I always find by the last couple of rounds that there is some massive names available for trade because they don't fit in anywhere

I had this happen last year, I remember drafting someone big really early, might have been my second or third pick, but I had zero use for them and ended up trading them away. Now, to be honest, the trade worked out nicely because I got two wrestlers for the price of one, but that's the gamble!

Advertisement