Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭event

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.
    Unfortunately, our system appears to have a technical issue and has applied more than one
    discount code to your order.
    We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes should not be stacked in this way and are working to resolve this.
    With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.
    This will also cancel any pending payment.
    Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.
    We are very sorry for the disappoint this will cause you

Ah well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just got a cancellation email too. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

event wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.
    Unfortunately, our system appears to have a technical issue and has applied more than one
    discount code to your order.
    We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes should not be stacked in this way and are working to resolve this.
    With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.
    This will also cancel any pending payment.
    Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.
    We are very sorry for the disappoint this will cause you

Ah well

still no word on one of my orders but seems like just a matter of time

to be honest - this is poor customer service. Their system took the order. Good will should see it processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭event

It is, but I'm never too bothered if an obvious glitch is caught out.
    its like when people go to the counter in tesco to give out because the label says one thing

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

I placed an order on the 4th just under €22. I have heard nothing since. I rang and they seemed to think it was being held back due to Brexit issues. The customer service is cat. A total waste of time emailing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ordered on the 1st and just got my cancellation email and refund notice from PayPal.

I rang them and got a full refund. I haven’t time to be messing with this sh#t. I will order a pen elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

Just got the cancellation email there now as well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just got the cancellation of my outstanding order now.

They seem to be getting through a backlog of them..

Does seem a bit disorganised as when I called the chap said nothing about the discounts, just that one pen was out of stock.

3 orders - 2 cancelled and 1 nice fountain pen received that I never knew I wanted.

Good auld bargain alerts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

topnotch wrote: »
    I rang them and got a full refund. I haven’t time to be messing with this sh#t. I will order a pen elsewhere.

Did you want a new pen at all before you saw the BA?

:D

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Did you want a new pen at all before you saw the BA?

:D

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just been onto cross.
    My order said shipped 9/1 but according to CS orders are being held until they can figure out how to process them.
    As i got 2 orders under 22euro, I assume its orders over this that are being hit.

All I was getting from C.S was " i dont know". Seems a disaster but thats down to management not the poor guy on the phone.

Just been onto cross.
    My order said shipped 9/1 but according to CS orders are being held until they can figure out how to process them.
    As i got 2 orders under 22euro, I assume its orders over this that are being hit.

All I was getting from C.S was " i dont know". Seems a disaster but thats down to management not the poor guy on the phone.

Interesting, mine was under 22

Can those who have been cancelled confirm whether or not they were over 22?

They may be using the stacked codes as an excuse to not get into the details..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

lawred2 wrote: »
    Interesting, mine was under 22

Can those who have been cancelled confirm whether or not they were over 22?

They may be using the stacked codes as an excuse to not get into the details..

My cancelled orders were over the 22
    The one that came was under 22...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Hello,

We are currently are searching in our warehouse for the order. Please be aware that we currently have technical problems with the orders. Our sincere apologies.

NOT VERY CONVINCING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I have one order (under €22) which still shows up as ‘processing’; ordered on the 5th and have heard nothing since...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I want to call them and give out to them for not delivering an item I ordered because some poor IT guy forgot to tick a checkbox or two about stacking codes, and an item I didn't need until this thread came up, and an item I have not been charged for to this day...!

This is not acceptable!! I am livid!!!

I have one order (under €22) which still shows up as ‘processing’; ordered on the 5th and have heard nothing since...

same

positron wrote: »
    I want to call them and give out to them for not delivering an item I ordered because some poor IT guy forgot to tick a checkbox or two about stacking codes, and an item I didn't need until this thread came up, and an item I have not been charged for to this day...!

This is not acceptable!! I am livid!!!

Is this one of these posts that tries to point out outrage that doesn't exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

positron wrote: »
    some poor IT guy forgot to tick a checkbox or two about stacking codes

The orders are probably delayed because Cross are making him run around the warehouse picking and shipping the orders by himself as a punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Order #1 - 5th January - Two cheaper pens, only one discount code used, hence €4.99 delivery - Total <€16. Delivered Friday

Order #2 - 5th January - Fountain pen, 3 codes stacked, €4.99 delivery - Total <€12. Delivered Friday

Order #3 - 5th January - €68 pen, 3 codes stacked, free delivery - Total <€21. Item OOS and fully expecting it to be cancelled

On both delivered orders I got shipping notifications from Cross after delivery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I ordered three pens on the 4th January using stacked codes, the total came in at €27. I've heard nothing, no cancellation and money still showing as paid on my PayPal account. Living in hope still...

I placed one on the 1st - one pen sub €22 - delivered
    placed another on the 5th - two pens but still sub €22 - still "processing"

in both cases I stacked codes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I ordered 3 pens, stacked codes.

Ordered 04 Jan got the confirmation email but since ordering the order number does not work on Cross system.

Paid by credit card, money not taken so haven't got a clue where its at - expecting to be cancelled but I guess you never know...

thebiglad wrote: »
    I ordered 3 pens, stacked codes.

Ordered 04 Jan got the confirmation email but since ordering the order number does not work on Cross system.

Paid by credit card, money not taken so haven't got a clue where its at - expecting to be cancelled but I guess you never know...

presume totaled over the 22?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Just got money reverted for another order.

guessing I will be getting my cancellation email soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hairy123

I had an engraved pen for under €22 ordered and I just received an email saying the order cancelled due to stacked codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Starting to get seriously annoyed at the way they are dealing with this.

They need to either cancel my order or send it.

Can't log into the account as it says it is disabled.

Attempt to reset password and nothing happens.

Charged on the 4th refunded on the 11th

Charged again on the 14th and shipping labelled prepared.

Nothing has happened since. Value of €66

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

Starting to get seriously annoyed at the way they are dealing with this.

They need to either cancel my order or send it.

Can't log into the account as it says it is disabled.

Attempt to reset password and nothing happens.

Charged on the 4th refunded on the 11th

Charged again on the 14th and shipping labelled prepared.

Nothing has happened since. Value of €66

I had the same problem the other day. Forgot my password and tried resetting. No email. Ended up trying again and again until I got it.

So it is unlimited try. So keep plugging away to the password you think you used.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

On the downside, got my cancellation email ☹️ for the second order (ordered on 2nd Jan)

Hoping first one (ordered 1st Jan) go through. Nothing yet so far but I have resigned that it will be cancelled

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement