Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

jams100 wrote: »
    This is what I think of when I see some people buying and selling in this thread :D

Can imagine it's more an issue for people on margin but sure need to realize these things can move 30% like it's nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

cc87 wrote: »
    More than I would like to currently but I use Degiro for most trades and mainly US stocks which keeps fees low then Binance for crypto which also has low enough fees.

Was never my intention to trade more than invest. The last two months worth of dips meant I used up cash I was keeping on the sidelines. Don't see myself doing much over the next few months unless the speculative plays come through and there's some profit to be taken.

Starting to invest in fractional shares is the next area I want to look into. Make some of the higher cost shares like AMZN more attainable.

How do you get the pie chart data? Is there an option on Degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

cronos wrote: »
    Can imagine it's more an issue for people on margin but sure need to realize these things can move 30% like it's nothing.

Not sure If anyone here is on margin, it seems to be something offered by the US brokers more although i could be totally wrong, most seem to use degiro. The brokerage options here are pretty ****ty :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Not sure If anyone here is on margin, it seems to be something offered by the US brokers more although i could be totally wrong, most seem to use degiro. The brokerage options here are pretty ****ty :/
    I use it on Degiro, but keep it to eithere
    (a) short term loan while waiting for funds to clear
    (b) big conviction stocks that experience a dip. Have a good bit of Margin at the moment after the last few months of drops in those

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Ya I was thinking americans. WSB and Stocktwits and the like.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    (b) big conviction stocks that experience a dip. Have a good bit of Margin at the moment after the last few months of drops in those

Interesting. Didn't even know it was an option. I'm not sure holding cash on my degiro account is a great idea given the interest rate. Have to think about what I should be doing. CCIV kinda broke my spirit haha. Need to get my head back in and have some conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

treatyman wrote: »
    How do you get the pie chart data? Is there an option on Degiro?

I keep track of things on Googlesheets as well.
    Degiro isn't the best I find, particularly around SPACs where its essentially sells then rebuys the stock at merger. Changes the BEP & profit/loss for the stock.

Wasn't sure it was an option, I'll probably use it in the future when I don't need money for a house.
    I keep track of things on Googlesheets as well.
    Degiro isn't the best I find, particularly around SPACs where its essentially sells then rebuys the stock at merger. Changes the BEP & profit/loss for the stock.

Yes that it really annoying the way it does that.

I would be very wary about using margin at all. Can go badly wrong. Particularly when things are choppy like they are now.

One option (for cowards like me :) ) is to look at more aggressive investment trusts who use margin, or as they call it, gearing. Can go wrong there too, but at least they have strict limits, reserves, and are (one would hope) experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

oh isn't it so good to see so much green today... after what years like a year of red :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

voodoo wrote: »
    oh isn't it so good to see so much green today... after what years like a year of red :)

I thought there was something wrong with my screen.... whats that green stuff? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Biden plans to raise taxes on wealthy investors, increases on cgt
    Hope everyone enjoyed the green arrows for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

My god Biden, why?

COIN in particular is curling up and crying atm. Dow Jones down 1%.

Firesale #5 of 2021 incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

Biden plans to raise taxes on wealthy investors, increases on cgt
    Hope everyone enjoyed the green arrows for a few hours

I really doubt that will happen, it's just political **** talk to curry favour with the common folk.

Same as when politicians say they are looking at the cost of schoolbook or uniforms every silly season in August ... yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Treppen wrote: »
    I really doubt that will happen, it's just political **** talk to curry favour with the common folk.

Same as when politicians say they are looking at the cost of schoolbook or uniforms every silly season in August ... yawn.

..they heard you treppen.... fingers crossed..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Nice little bit of good news today for Ocugen and their Covid play and nice 30+% bump!

Nice little bit of good news today for Ocugen and their Covid play and nice 30+% bump!

I like all the tweets with people showing their technical analysis that predicted it.

No. It’s pure fomo pre-eua driving this.

Regarding tax hikes, if rich yanks cash out, where will they put their cash? They will not want to keep cash, bonds are a non runner, it can't all go in real estate. I'd say they might shift some to value style, safer long term equities, and wait for a republic president to change the law back. But they will not abandon equities altogether.

But I don't see how a doubling of the CGT rate on the risk will get through congress or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭antimatterx

But I don't see how a doubling of the CGT rate on the risk will get through congress or whatever.

Especially when it effects them all

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Not sure Congress would pass Bidens CGT ideas...maybe a watered down version of it...the powerful/wealthy will always find ways around these things. Won't be watching the graphs today!

• Advertisement

Seems to be Bidens general approach, announce something that will never pass and then slowly water it down until it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Back to a sea of red : |

If that passed i think Californians would have to pay like 57% cgt if so anyone wealthy would probably just plow everything into real estate making that even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

VertBlue wrote: »
    Back to a sea of red : |

The US markets haven't even opened!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

The US markets haven't even opened!

I'm in the North with most of my holdings on the European exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

What are people's favourite newspapers/magazines?

I used to read the observer, the had a diary of a day trader for the week

Was going to subscribe to bloomberg businessweek but realised most of it is online free anyway

Omt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

OCGN flying again today with huge volumes, could reach earlier highs with FOMO

OCGN flying again today with huge volumes, could reach earlier highs with FOMO

Me last week when it dipped under $6: Once OCGN is over $10 I'm selling

Me today: Maybe I'll wait for $15......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Ha ha same here, thought once it reaches $11 will sell now, the greed is may be another USD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭stop

Me last week when it dipped under $6: Once OCGN is over $10 I'm selling

Me today: Maybe I'll wait for $15......

Get out of my head! :D

Advertisement