Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

Verastem !!!

My BEP was 3.35 from yonks ago and I'd forgotten about it ... Looks like a bit of an uptick going on lately.

Anyone still in ... Dump now, wait to break even or go long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

bish76 wrote: »
    Some greens today. Sold MILE with 20% profit. .. Selling everything that gives me 15-20% up swing as I am not certain that this rally with sustain... Covid is not done yet.

Yeah, doing the same with my more speculative stuff. Sold CCIV, C3 and Regeneron after they climbed above my BEP recently.... in volatile markets its just safer to be in cash.

Obviously I have some long term holds that I never really plan to sell....

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

TRCH merger one to watch over the next few days. Couple of big dates over the next 2 weeks that should drive it to double/triple the price . Big confidence in this stock by many and anyone with shares will get a dividend from sale of assets during summer which could be anything from 1$ to 20$ it seems like a no risk win..2$ atm is cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Anyone pick up providence resources when it dipped below 3 cent in recent days ...I missed bottom and bought at 4..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I wouldn't be in any hurry, judging by the cash burn which they've always managed to do they'll be back to the market with cap in hand for more.
    If you are looking for value in Oil stocks LukOil is about the best Value major out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

AMD looking good after yesterdays earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

BOXL looks like a good punt at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

THCB extended to may 10th, could go down a bit more off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    THCB extended to may 10th, could go down a bit more off that.

I've put in a buy order at 11 as it seems a short delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭littlevillage

bish76 wrote: »
    Some greens today. Sold MILE with 20% profit. .. Selling everything that gives me 15-20% up swing as I am not certain that this rally with sustain... Covid is not done yet.

Fair play. MILE is down 10% today. Wish I had seen your post yesterday... probably would have sold out too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

UXIN up 56% today...up 130% overall.

Think I’ll hold and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Anyone else holding $SPCE atm? I have 115 shares but I'm tempted to go all in before earnings next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Anyone else holding $SPCE atm? I have 115 shares but I'm tempted to go all in before earnings next week...

I do, one of biggest losers with bep @41.2 so a long way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Thinking of selling out of Facebook entirely at the opening and gradually rotating the funds into Apple.

I know Facebook has a relatively low p/e but when I look to ten years' time I think it's eminently possible Facebook will be in mega decline. Either organically, through regulation, competition, or third party interference (eg. what Apple is planning on privacy).

treatyman wrote: »
    I do, one of biggest losers with bep @41.2 so a long way off.

It'll rocket some day...

I'll get my coat.

robman60 wrote: »
    Thinking of selling out of Facebook entirely at the opening and gradually rotating the funds into Apple.

I know Facebook has a relatively low p/e but when I look to ten years' time I think it's eminently possible Facebook will be in mega decline. Either organically, through regulation, competition, or third party interference (eg. what Apple is planning on privacy).

Plus it's practically a kids free zone, although THEY might transition as they get older. Wouldn't bet on it though.

Plus it's practically a kids free zone, although THEY might transition as they get older. Wouldn't bet on it though.

Is it fair to say majority of people aged 25+ use Facebook to some degree? There's a lot of years left before those people start to dwindle. Also you don't know what new stuff Facebook will introduce.

For sure Apple are going to try and use their customers data for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I'm not sure I'd agree with that, Apples play seems to be add an extra level of prestige to their products by giving people their privacy and I think it could end up being a very smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Is it fair to say majority of people aged 25+ use Facebook to some degree? There's a lot of years left before those people start to dwindle. Also you don't know what new stuff Facebook will introduce.

For sure Apple are going to try and use their customers data for themselves.

From the bits and pieces I've heard on the earnings call, they are definitely worried about both the IOS update and the potential data regulations coming in the near future. Trying to talk more about the potential ad revenue and the coming AR/VR business, both of which are tiny in comparison to their data based revenue

They are up 7% pre-market but I can see them starting to slide down over the next few weeks/months until their future is clearer.

I think Apple is pivoting towards a customer orientated data privacy model. Being up front and clear about what user data may be used for and potentially an opt-in model instead of the semi opt-out most go for currently. They also don't rely on data for revenue to anywhere near the degree facebook do.

The government's attempts to regulate the internet in any way have been fairly unsuccessful to date. Can't see it changing into the future. Do agree on it being a no kids zone, so that's my biggest long term concern. But I'd have bet Snapchat would have closed down by now, so what do I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Its an interesting topic, I don't see facebook becoming obsolete , they have a great business model in terms of cash flow and revenue, they have also bought 78 different companies in the last few years building up their empire.

I think regulation on facebook may be a good thing. althought it might impact short term sentiment, it creates more barriers to entry to the industry and if facebook were to have a competitor in the early stages , they would just buy them out. Too big to fail IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,165 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

FB will just buy Tiktok or whatever new shiny toy the kids use

retalivity wrote: »

Or just copy it into instagram if they can get away with it. Like twitter with clubhouse. Does not always work though, like when Twitter bought Vine. Vine was as far as I can tell TicToc's functional predecessor. Microsoft did a good job of copying Slack with Microsoft Teams, so it's possible to do it.

Assuming the kids dont move on. That's reactionary chasing the market. not sure that will be a long term winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Not sure what age range people are in on here but I can say with confidence that for most people from around 23 and under facebook is the social media most people have but don't use.

Instagram however is really popular and is still growing in Ireland anyway
    Ireland_Numbers
    Worldwide numbers also look good with over a Billion accounts last quarter of 2020 and over 500million "daily users" of Instagram stories.

I don't like Facebook as an investment as there seems to be so much that can go wrong long term and short term with the new IOS direction their bottom line could be heavily affected.

What might be Facebooks saving grace is them acquiring any social media competitors and growing them similar to how they did Instagram. But this is likley to draw unwanted interference by goverment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

That's where the regulatory risk comes in. Having worked at a national competition regulator (not in Ireland), I can tell you the movement against the dominance of these digital players (Google and Facebook in particular) is getting stronger.

Acquisitions which Facebook was allowed make just a few years ago (WhatsApp was 2013 I think) would likely not be permitted today. They may copy, but growth by acquisition is gradually being closed off for them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

made an error yesterday evening off the back of incorrect information on the Yahoo finance website re_ amazons earnings date , yahoo finance had it listed as being yesterday so i offloaded 20% of my holding , turns out earnings is after the bell today

suppose i should have checked elsewhere but yahoo finance is a major site for this kind of information

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMZN?p=AMZN&.tsrc=fin-srch

TDOC absolutely killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

TDOC absolutely killing me.

Bought some more on the dip today. It's only a loss when you sell :)

Advertisement