Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Flex wrote: »
    On this, Im looking to do similar., so would be interested in suggestions.

Pernod Ricard (parent company of Irish Distillers) has been a good performing Euro company. Shares doing quite well recently on the back of performance and think the target is €190.

Iberdrola has been a solid performer for me over the past months where everything else, especially US stuff is well down.
    Was in Aixtron before - cant remember why I got out - maybe it was not moving fast enough for me. I will adopt the same strategy though as soon as there is some recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Finally a bump in Mind Medicine after it announced a Nasdaq offering... was down about 20% on it and thanks to the news I am back in the green overnight :)

Waited patiently over the carnage of the last few weeks and just did an assessment - things could be looking alot worse on my portfolio! Bit disappointed in Lemonade and JFrog - but bought both on the dip and long on both anyway.

Ocugen also looks like it's ready for another big hike pre-market so overall things are looking up :)

$EDSA spike incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

$EDSA spike incoming...

Cén fáth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

voodoo wrote: »
    Finally a bump in Mind Medicine after it announced a Nasdaq offering... was down about 20% on it and thanks to the news I am back in the green overnight :)

Waited patiently over the carnage of the last few weeks and just did an assessment - things could be looking alot worse on my portfolio! Bit disappointed in Lemonade and JFrog - but bought both on the dip and long on both anyway.

Ocugen also looks like it's ready for another big hike pre-market so overall things are looking up :)

Aghhh was going to buy in last week seeing their Nasdaq. Presume it'll be the new MJ style craze.

Champignons are other ones to watch now and see if they piggyback on the news. They're on Trading212
    Edit: bit late to the party I am, they're up over 50% since opening

Where were you listed with initially, I could only find the EU market with Degiro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Treppen wrote: »
    Aghhh was going to buy in last week seeing their Nasdaq. Presume it'll be the new MJ style craze.

Champignons are other ones to watch now and see if they piggyback on the news. They're on Trading212
    Edit: bit late to the party I am, they're up over 50% since opening

Where were you listed with initially, I could only find the EU market with Degiro?

Listed on Frankfurt exchange.

I am also in Clever Leaves, which had a small rush late last week - just at BEP really at the mo on it...

treatyman wrote: »
    Cén fáth?

Update at least on on phase 2 trial due at Key Opinion Leader conference this Thursday - 6pm our time, mid trading day.. Interim results known not PR'd but updated on website - looking very good. PR release late last week saying if results REMAIN positive will be expecting to got to phase 3. Bold my edit.

Good chance of EUA in the not too distant future imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Big pump from CCIV on the back of Apple rumours, up 17%.
    Can see this dropping back down before end of day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

cc87 wrote: »
    Big pump from CCIV on the back of Apple rumours, up 17%.
    Can see this dropping back down before end of day

Possibly. It's still well down overall. If that Apple rumor come through, sky's the limit. But it's not something you can validate in the short term so will probably dip as you say. I'm holding it long anyway even though I'm back break even now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cronos wrote: »
    Possibly. It's still well down overall. If that Apple rumor come through, sky's the limit. But it's not something you can validate in the short term so will probably dip as you say. I'm holding it long anyway even though I'm back break even now.

Just at BEP myself now, bought the recent dip a bit too early.

There could be more to the Apple rumour than we know since Jonny Ive is involved with CCIV but until there's something definite it's only a rumour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Update at least on on phase 2 trial due at Key Opinion Leader conference this Thursday - 6pm our time, mid trading day.. Interim results known not PR'd but updated on website - looking very good. PR release late last week saying if results REMAIN positive will be expecting to got to phase 3. Bold my edit.

Good chance of EUA in the not too distant future imho.

Looks promising, have you been on them for a while?

Looks promising, have you been on them for a while?

No. Just 9 months 😁 My BEP at current exchange rate is $4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

No. Just 9 months 😠My BEP at current exchange rate is $4.99.

I think I'll take a punk with a modest investment.

It's looks promising and I have been looking for a more high risk investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

UMC having a great recovery the last few days, one of the 2020 boards specials (someone meantioned it here last year while at 3$), reasonably low pe ratio (by growth stock standards at least), and big demand for the lower end semiconductors they produce. Back at ATHs around 11.20, will hopefully keep on running next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

Reduced my stake in skillz this evening, this is a decent analysis into the risks skillz have:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rqeCOIN59AKwaNdDElpminMfFaTsApVW/view

I have probably had my blinkers on over the past number of weeks, their retention rates are quite poor if the figures here are true and the current market cap more than accounts for future growth, plenty that can go wrong for skillz. (Reliance on a few games and a few studios for game development).

I still like the company, well up on how I've bought and sold skillz to date. Still holding a good portion but I'm going to sit out the next few quarters and see how they get on...
    $7.5 billion+ market cap is at or maybe even over fair value now...forecast is for $1billion revenue by 2025.

(Skillz is actually on the google play store, possibly wasn't when that report was written)

I think I'll take a punk with a modest investment.

It's looks promising and I have been looking for a more high risk investment.

FYI - it might dip at the opening today due to SEC filings for key employee share options (modest enough) last night. But it's all aligning well for a spike this Thursday mid market, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Have a modest holding in Edesa Biotech, I think it was on the back of a tip you gave a while back. I did very little research but it looks promising. A jump in the share price would make it a very solid long term hold. Once these types of investments get going they are best left untouched and let them grow.

Have a modest holding in Edesa Biotech, I think it was on the back of a tip you gave a while back. I did very little research but it looks promising. A jump in the share price would make it a very solid long term hold. Once these types of investments get going they are best left untouched and let them grow.

If you'd like to sign up to the conference this Thursday, 1pm Irish time. https://media.rampard.com/20210429/reg.jsp

IDEXX was recommended here before from Motley Fool.

Has recovered well. Should keep the Motley Fool posts coming. Would be useful to have them here.

voodoo wrote: »

What's your long term view on Mind Medicine? My bep is 2.84, bought on FRA BGHM a while back on someone's recommendation here. Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

jams100 wrote: »
    Reduced my stake in skillz this evening, this is a decent analysis into the risks skillz have:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rqeCOIN59AKwaNdDElpminMfFaTsApVW/view

I have probably had my blinkers on over the past number of weeks, their retention rates are quite poor if the figures here are true and the current market cap more than accounts for future growth, plenty that can go wrong for skillz. (Reliance on a few games and a few studios for game development).

I still like the company, well up on how I've bought and sold skillz to date. Still holding a good portion but I'm going to sit out the next few quarters and see how they get on...
    $7.5 billion+ market cap is at or maybe even over fair value now...forecast is for $1billion revenue by 2025.

(Skillz is actually on the google play store, possibly wasn't when that report was written)

Thanks, did the same myself. Bought 85 @14 and just sold 50 @20.5. Good business in anyone's book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

treatyman wrote: »
    What's your long term view on Mind Medicine? My bep is 2.84, bought on FRA BGHM a while back on someone's recommendation here. Cheers for that.

I think it'll be a roller coaster "new shiny thing" like the weedstocks until the science and legalisation is done and dusted. A lot of weedstock people are looking for new opportunities to get in on the penny .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

IDEXX was recommended here before from Motley Fool.

Has recovered well. Should keep the Motley Fool posts coming. Would be useful to have them here.
    That's one stock I can never get my head around, kinda felt like a meme stock before mem stocks were a thing. The chart looks like a pump and dump stock, the management team (led by Shane McMahon from WWE) looks shady, and the short reports looked convincing. I'm surprised that the Motley Fool has it listed TBH. What's the case for the company?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's one stock I can never get my head around, kinda felt like a meme stock before mem stocks were a thing. The chart looks like a pump and dump stock, the management team (led by Shane McMahon from WWE) looks shady, and the short reports looked convincing. I'm surprised that the Motley Fool has it listed TBH. What's the case for the company?

Sure we are talking about the same company?

https://www.idexx.com/en/about-idexx/corporate-governance/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sure we are talking about the same company?

https://www.idexx.com/en/about-idexx/corporate-governance/

Nope, I’m an idiot. Confused it was IDEX

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Some greens today. Sold MILE with 20% profit. .. Selling everything that gives me 15-20% up swing as I am not certain that this rally with sustain... Covid is not done yet.

bish76 wrote: »
    Some greens today. Sold MILE with 20% profit. .. Selling everything that gives me 15-20% up swing as I am not certain that this rally with sustain... Covid is not done yet.

Sickend I sold at 7.3 haha

$EDSA doing well today, but it's only the preshow. Genuinely, if someone said to me here's $40 per share, but you cannot buy back in I wouldn't take it. :cool:

I'm not pumping it, it will do it's thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

pioneerpro wrote: »

Still my 2nd biggest holding (about 13% of my stock's and crypto portfolio), but jezz it's been a rollercoaster, from 3$ last oct to 17 in feb back to 6 at the lowest. 6$ always was a good floor because they have that per share in cash anyways.2nd company they have acquired, the CEO took his time acquiring them, he said the whole SPAC crazy had overvalued many potential company's early part of the year. Impressed CEO with a straight to the point attitude. I'm well happy to hodl on moving forwards, plenty more upside.

Advertisement