Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Jaysus, 2 people died after they mistook driver assistance with autonomous driving. They thought their Tesla had the autonomous system, this car didn't

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0419/1210680-tesla-texas/

Nothing new here - years ago somebody over there bought a new Winnebago camper and went for coffee in the back on the highway thinking it could drive itself - it crashed

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭jams100

gudede wrote: »
    It’s been red since February (for most ppl). When do people expect the market to cool down and green re-enters our thoughts.

My own view is after the summer. No doubt investments managers will take the summer off which means little activity overall. Don’t plan on buying anything until August. Sadly, I’m trying to stop myself buying more of PSFE, SKLZ or PRCH until then.

Bought More skillz today. Now = 1.8% of portfolio.
    Next buy order set for $12.05

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

gudede wrote: »
    It’s been red since February (for most ppl). When do people expect the market to cool down and green re-enters our thoughts.

My own view is after the summer. No doubt investments managers will take the summer off which means little activity overall. Don’t plan on buying anything until August. Sadly, I’m trying to stop myself buying more of PSFE, SKLZ or PRCH until then.

April/May should be the worst of the inflation and de-leveraging I think. June/July numbers will hopefully show deflation occurring then which means August should be right for green to come back to our screens.

Unless some of my speculative plays come off, the lack of cash means I won’t be buying much for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Wonder if recent overleveraged hedge fund blow up caused others to re balance, de leverage their positions. I am sure they werent the only ones running that kinda of risk. Causing wide market bleed.

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Wonder if recent overleveraged hedge fund blow up caused others to re balance, de leverage their positions. I am sure they werent the only ones running that kinda of risk. Causing wide market bleed.

Pretty much, March margin numbers were the highest in a very long time.
    https://www.finra.org/investors/learn-to-invest/advanced-investing/margin-statistics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

cc87 wrote: »
    Pretty much, March margin numbers were the highest in a very long time.
    https://www.finra.org/investors/learn-to-invest/advanced-investing/margin-statistics

That’s were I’m thinking August. It’ll take several months for margin to get back to normal-ish levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Peloton in trouble, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission is all over them now due to the treadmill being dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Peloton in trouble, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission is all over them now due to the treadmill being dangerous.

I never understood how hyped up that company was. It gives all the indications of a fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

some hyped up company. Can't understand how it has gotten so big, bigger they are the harder they fall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

With Peleton news, maybe good timing for FRX (Beachbody) to complete merger!

On FRX, listened to a podcast with CEO over the weekend - found it encouraging as it's been a rough ride for me with a BEP of $14. He's been in the company 20+ years, they seem a solid well established company. Sales are projected at $1BN+ for '21, that gives a PE ratio of 3. Think it should go well eventually, just a tough hold at the minute along with some of my other -30%+ stocks - CSIQ, KR1, FLNT, DDDD. Still like all of these and will hold apart from Fluent which I'll dump at first opportunity!

• Advertisement

treatyman wrote: »
    some hyped up company. Can't understand how it has gotten so big, bigger they are the harder they fall :D

I thought the same previously but although I don't have a position in them, I really like PTON now. Their acquisitions have been really intelligent and could set them up for years to come.

Huge potential for them to expand into gyms and corporate wellness settings now instead of home gym setups only. They have increased their manufacturing ability along with adding the potential for wearables/smart health systems.

If they keep dropping, I would be tempted to sell another position to buy into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Bought the following recently, was 100% cash for last 2 months.

AGC 13 - Grab
    CCIV 21.80
    FSR 12.87 - analysts still have 25/30 as buys so will flip this.
    Fubo 21
    Nio 37
    Tesla 672
    TDAC 13.50

Lots of spac's/high PE that will probably bleed more but just going to keep them all as they are still good buy-in points for when the market eventually recovers. Not putting any more money in as until that margin comes down its probably going to be very choppy for high PE stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Netflix results are out today after closing, could influence Fubotv price, will be interesting to see if there's still steady growth in streaming services.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

I thought the same previously but although I don't have a position in them, I really like PTON now. Their acquisitions have been really intelligent and could set them up for years to come.

Huge potential for them to expand into gyms and corporate wellness settings now instead of home gym setups only. They have increased their manufacturing ability along with adding the potential for wearables/smart health systems.

If they keep dropping, I would be tempted to sell another position to buy into them.

I agree - I don't have any shares at the moment but I would like to. Their income will shift to recurring payments once hardware is purchased, so its a really solid business model. If they sold in Ireland - I'd be buying. Will definitely be trying to get in over next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Cpfm wrote: »
    I agree - I don't have any shares at the moment but I would like to. Their income will shift to recurring payments once hardware is purchased, so its a really solid business model. If they sold in Ireland - I'd be buying. Will definitely be trying to get in over next few months.

Personally I'd have zero interest in buying their bike/threadmill, it looks like there isn't an option for non bike/threadmill classes. I have a road bike and can run anywhere. You can't beat getting outside if you ask me. Just go to youtube if you want an instructed workout at home, why bother paying for it? A fad if you ask me and an expensive one at that.

But I guess there are plenty of people who will be suckered in and think yes this is it I am going to finally get fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Personally I'd have zero interest in buying their bike/threadmill, it looks like there isn't an option for non bike/threadmill classes. I have a road bike and can run anywhere. You can't beat getting outside if you ask me. Just go to youtube if you want an instructed workout at home, why bother paying for it? A fad if you ask me and an expensive one at that.

But I guess there are plenty of people who will be suckered in and think yes this is it I am going to finally get fit.

I road bike and run too, but I also have kids - so it takes a back seat a lot. I find it hard to push myself on my own, thats why the group sessions appeal to me ...I'm compensating for lack of discipline :pac:
    dunno if I'd call it a fad, the way we train and exercise is changing... I think its here to stay..

The same logic can be applied to any health and fitness product other people pay for that you do not. Doesn't mean the product is poor. And I say this as someone that would never pay for something like pelothon.

Bike/Run/Circuit/Strength/Yoga/Outdoor sessions on pelothon. And they are very different from a youtube video as they are offered live with the trainer interacting with users throughout.

It's not the product as is currently advertised that makes me think its worthwhile.

It's potential for multi-site gym or corporate wellness deals, the growing SaaS element along with what will probably be a more tiered approach to their business model that will convince people to spend more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I own Peloton shares and would probably buy a bike when they become available here. I used to do spinning classes a good bit. Far more beneficial than cycling for 45mns, but the trek there and back, getting changed etc, makes it a 90 minute minimum round trip. Getting the kids to bed and hopping on the bike for 45mns definitely sounds appealing.

Don't forget too, in America, spin classes are $35-$40 a pop, so buying a monthly membership that you can share with your significant other is far more cost efficient. I realise in Ireland where we have monthly memberships at Ben Dunne for €30 it's a different story.

It'll be interesting to see where Peloton lands when
    1. It has the capacity to make more bikes in more countries and
    2. We have the option to go back to the gym

What is the appeal of Peleton over something like Zwift?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Don't forget you could end up seeing Peloton bikes in your Gym/Hotel eventually.

• Advertisement

What is the appeal of Peleton over something like Zwift?

Zwift caters to a more specific (and smaller) user base I think, more aimed at cycling enthusiasts or the more competitively minded cyclists.

Whereas Pelothon has a broader and larger potential user base which is anyone interested in general fitness since it caters to a wider range of exercise types. I think it has a more polished look to it myself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

I hold Peloton shares, happy to see a few bears on the stock as that tells me it still has a lot of room to run.

Personally I wouldn't buy one but think it's a great stock, expensive hardware leading to subscription service, churn rate is ridiculously low, expanding into new markets with significant demand and great management in place. Classes coming up with the likes of Usain Bolt set it apart from the rest and am happy to hold for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

The slow bleed continues today, 90% red at opening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I have a small position in Nano Dimensions. Wildest ride so far in my investing life. Have been up 30%, Down 30%, down 9% yesterday and now up 11% so far today

Zwift caters to a more specific (and smaller) user base I think, more aimed at cycling enthusiasts or the more competitively minded cyclists.

Whereas Pelothon has a broader and larger potential user base which is anyone interested in general fitness since it caters to a wider range of exercise types. I think it has a more polished look to it myself as well.
    Good point. I could see workplaces having them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Most tech growth stocks nosediving today. .. ..are we in crash category yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

freyners wrote: »
    I have a small position in Nano Dimensions. Wildest ride so far in my investing life. Have been up 30%, Down 30%, down 9% yesterday and now up 11% so far today

Everything red in my portfolio bar that and some Copper ETFs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

MILE reaching new all time lows, lemonade they will launch car insurance by the end of the year.
    Down 50% off peak in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

ADZAM wrote: »
    MILE reaching new all time lows, lemonade they will launch car insurance by the end of the year.
    Down 50% off peak in February.
    I have both and SKLZ.... new lows for all of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

This has literally just been two months of red, none stop. ****ing hell

Advertisement