Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Treppen wrote: »
    Good tip, announcement today,granted EU orphan drug designation.
    Think I might just hold and stick it in the bottom drawer.

Long term hold for me. crspr technology is going to change not just modern medicine, but so much more. These companies are only at the beginning, it will be interesting to see how far they will have advanced in 5 years. I suspect we will see new medical giants emerging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Long term hold for me. crspr technology is going to change not just modern medicine, but so much more. These companies are only at the beginning, it will be interesting to see how far they will have advanced in 5 years. I suspect we will see new medical giants emerging.

I was hopin crspr would hit 100, too greedy haha. I'm thinking it's worth having in my portfolio long term alright once the price dips again, if it does that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

cc87 wrote: »
    This looks like it has real potential.

The app is really slick from a user perspective, gave it a go today. It's leveraging open banking as well which makes transfers in/out of the app really easy (too easy possibly). 5% interest on BTC as well makes it very tempting as a cash hold, better than most (all?) savings accounts out there.

They put 10% of their money into BTC in October, up over 300% since then. Sounds like they will look to keep 10% always in BTC.

Looks of experience in fintech/defi on the team and some serious partners on board particularly in asian markets.

In the top 40 most downloaded apps on android now, after just breaking top 100 3 weeks ago. With its "super" app for businesses coming in the very near future this should be a quick gainer with long-term potential.

If I wasn't already quite fintech heavy I would put more into this.

Had a dig into it and listend to the interview. Interesting company. Has anyone found a site that accepts it at all? "Mode" is a hard word to search for.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on this since ya mentioned it, up 25% in 3 weeks. Did ya buy any?

No because its basically bankrupt I thought ? Its still down over 90 %..I invested in iag instead but no major gains since ...I must check norwegian out again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Had a dig into it and listend to the interview. Interesting company. Has anyone found a site that accepts it at all? "Mode" is a hard word to search for.

AFAIK no company can use it yet, only register interest in using it and presumably have a private demo of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

cronos wrote: »
    I was hopin crspr would hit 100, too greedy haha. I'm thinking it's worth having in my portfolio long term alright once the price dips again, if it does that is.

Bought 2000 of them @69 it then fell to 39, that was hard to keep the faith but you will have to prise them from my cold dead hands. It still sucks to watch it go from 210 to 100 the last few weeks, but it’s a fire sale at anything below 130. I think it’ll be back to 180ish by the summer. I’ve been fascinated with crispr technology since it’s inception, only realised I could buy stocks in it 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

No companies are using it yet.
    I think they are signing up merchants right now or at least trying to. From what I've heard they will be making an announcement about the merchants that have signed up sometime in Q2, but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Has anybody any opinion on
    Predator - O&G with ops in Morocco, Trinidad and Tobago and Ireland. They've several shots on goal in Morocco and T&T. Hoping to get contract for offshore gas storage in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Bought 2000 of them @69 it then fell to 39, that was hard to keep the faith but you will have to prise them from my cold dead hands. It still sucks to watch it go from 210 to 100 the last few weeks, but it’s a fire sale at anything below 130. I think it’ll be back to 180ish by the summer. I’ve been fascinated with crispr technology since it’s inception, only realised I could buy stocks in it 3 years ago.

I'm trying to build a long term position in a few companies, mostly looking at ARKG top 10, any that you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

2000 shares or 2000 euro?

• Advertisement

Two interesting points floating around twitter about PSTH annual report filed yesterday....

It mentions that they may seek to acquire multiple businesses to combine into a single entity.
    And of the 2.8m spent in the last year, 1.65m has been on legal fees. Likely means they are in talks with someone currently (or failed multiple times :o).
    For comparison, CCIV had legal fees of 2.1m during their silent period pre-DA.

Given me some reassurance at least considering it's one of my biggest holdings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Two interesting points floating around twitter about PSTH annual report filed yesterday....

It mentions that they may seek to acquire multiple businesses to combine into a single entity.
    And of the 2.8m spent in the last year, 1.65m has been on legal fees. Likely means they are in talks with someone currently (or failed multiple times :o).
    For comparison, CCIV had legal fees of 2.1m during their silent period pre-DA.

Given me some reassurance at least considering it's one of my biggest holdings.
    I saw a clip from an investor Q&A with Ackman last week where he was asked about it, and he explained that it's a lot more complex than he's used to, normally if his fund likes Tesla, he goes out and buys Tesla shares the next day, with the SPAC route, you obviously have to find a company you like, but then need the other company to agree to sell. He also mentioned the SPAC competition at the moment. So many SPACs after big companies that there's a lot more negotiations than there would have been this time last year.

Interesting upcoming IPO Cellular Goods.

Synthetic cannabinoid products. Has David Beckham as an early investor as is the guy behind Argo.
    With the current buzz around cannabis products could be interesting. Kanabo, the only other cannabis share on the LSE is up from 15p to 40p since IPO on Tuesday

For those UK based, shares can be purchased now through PrimaryBid. 5p a share, min purchase £100, closes tomorrow though.

This has settled around 9/10p a share now. Won't be much movement in it for a while I think, possibly mid-late summer.

Interview with the CEO: https://www.sharebuyers.co.uk/shares/cellular-goods-shares-looking-to-lead-the-field/

With the move to regulate the CBD market in the UK, what appears to be a well-run CBD company like this stands to do well along with Kanabo.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    2000 shares or 2000 euro?

Shares

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

Any Crispr holders should google "Crispr Patent Lawsuit" still ongoing

Shares

Wow. You must be a wealthy individual :)

Wow. You must be a wealthy individual :)

Ha ha I was about 2 months ago!

ADZAM wrote: »
    Any Crispr holders should google "Crispr Patent Lawsuit" still ongoing

Also in Beam, editas intella and a few other genomics plays, sure there will be a winner and a second place company. But if I could put the clock back 100 years I’d buy both Coke and Pepsi stock. Genomics is going to explode and be massive. Crispr has the strongest management team and are open about where their weaknesses are and they are prepared to acquire to stay in the number one spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fly QS, fly!!

AMC down 5% after a $500m stock offering announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Shares

You show me a DeGiro transaction for 2000 shares and I'll quit my job right now and work for you

de75b27629921e46682cf0f3c23935ee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I am mostly invested in renewable energy stock which took a bit of a pounding last month. But looking at it today it is well on the way back to where it was. I bought with a long term outlook so I wasn't too worried, but am pleasantly surprised to see it bounce back so quickly.

cefh17 wrote: »
    You show me a DeGiro transaction for 2000 shares and I'll quit my job right now and work for you

de75b27629921e46682cf0f3c23935ee.jpg

You start Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

You start Monday

Spare euro for the bus?

You start Monday

Teach me your ways :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

You start Monday

I'll bring the Quaaludes

Teach me your ways :-)

Lesson one: don’t ever do this:

I like how he rounded down to 2,000 shares leaving out a cool 18k worth of shares. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

anyone here investing in bitcoin? am looking at Binance as a platform to purchase. Am a complete noob on bitcoin - would welcome any experienced views.
    thanks..

• Advertisement

I like how he rounded down to 2,000 shares leaving out a cool 18k worth of shares. :)

I’ve been holding 2k shares for a long time, but I’m ashamed I broke my golden rule, never sell, when I got caught up in the Reddit hysteria, sold 1000 shares @188 to buy Blackberry, terrible move, but crsp actually fell faster than blackberry so I’ve been buying back in as I offload my bb stock. So that’s why I have increased my holding, probably not enough to offset the CGT bill I will have triggered

Advertisement