Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Another predominantly red day today for me. Strapping in for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm roughly the same albeit a smaller position in crypto. My crypto has given me 3 times more returns than my stocks.

Same for me, I manage my crypto separate so let it grow by itself without rebalancing and it increased to that amount.
    Start of 2021 portfolio was ~50% ETFs, 12% individual stocks, 12% crypto, 25% cash

Bought CPNG this morning too, excited to see what it can do, love their business model and position in the Korean market. Hard to know what's a good price to buy into a newer IPO but I don't spend all week looking at prices so happy to get in now.

Looks like another red day for stocks and green for crypto again, that's been the theme for March

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kamu wrote: »
    And has fecked us over ever since. Stupid fecking thing. Makes me hesitant to place any money in etfs.
    I don't think it's as big a problem as people make out. Realistically not many people hold shares longer than 8 years anyway, and once you keep your purchases of an ETF to fairly regular (one a month), then the admin work can be done in an hour at the end of each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

The sell-off continues. Have a lump sum I'll be looking to put in my Degiro account but I've been procrastinating the last few weeks in transferring it, thankfully!

Getting absolutely hammered on LMND and PLTR amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The sell-off continues. Have a lump sum I'll be looking to put in my Degiro account but I've been procrastinating the last few weeks in transferring it, thankfully!

Getting absolutely hammered on LMND and PLTR amongst others.

I was up 150% on LMND at one stage and now I'm up 25%...getting killed!

• Advertisement

Down 15% on NET. Down 25% on IPOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I was up 150% on LMND at one stage and now I'm up 25%...getting killed!

25% up is better than 17% down and that's me on LMND

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭crushproof

My little starlets like LMND and NNDM are killing me now. This has been a brutal few weeks and I've been avoiding checking my portfolio as much as possible.

Thank christ Bitcoin hasn't crashed.... Yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Just tipped into the red yesterday.

CLOV is painful to look at currently and LOTZ isn't helping much.
    MILE is all over the place recently, will probably stay like that until the lock-up period ends and more shares are available.
    Disappointed my two space plays NSH & SFTW aren't in ARKX (yet anyway).
    Would have been nice if 4D stayed above 140 but have confidence this will come back up, added more @ 114

Back into PLTR with a couple of buys around the 21.8-22.5 range.
    Bought into CCIV @ 22. While this is an EV play and should settle into mid-high 20s for the time-being, the potential links between Lucid and Apple were what convinced me.
    Bought TSLA @ 600. Admittedly I've been on the fence about TSLA, but have come around and think the upside far outweighs any potential downside with them. They are just better at too many things on top of starting to gain a brand loyalty/cult similar to Apple. Hopefully the new Toyota partnership rumours rings true.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

cc87 wrote: »
    Just tipped into the red yesterday.

CLOV is painful to look at currently and LOTZ isn't helping much.
    MILE is all over the place recently, will probably stay like that until the lock-up period ends and more shares are available.
    Would have been nice if 4D stayed above 140 but have confidence this will come back up, added more @ 114

Back into PLTR with a couple of buys around the 21.8-22.5 range.
    Bought into CCIV @ 22. While this is an EV play and should settle into mid-high 20s for the time-being, the potential links between Lucid and Apple were what convinced me.
    Bought TSLA @ 600. Admittedly I've been on the fence about TSLA, but have come around and think the upside far outweighs any potential downside with them. They are just better at too many things on top of starting to gain a brand loyalty/cult similar to Apple. Hopefully the new Toyota partnership rumours rings true.

Same here i went from talking about shorting it to buying the dips over past two months.
    Its 5 10 years time I'm looking at.

• Advertisement

cc87 wrote: »
    ARKX seems to be a bit dodgy in my eyes, the purpose they say is "companies that are engaged in the Fund’s investment theme of Space Exploration and innovation."

Their holdings include:
    - another ARK ETF (3D Printing EFT - second biggest holding in the fund)
    - JD.com
    - Amazon - buy a spacesuit?
    - Google - both in the "search industry"?
    - Alibaba
    - Netflix - shows space movies???

I dunno, seems one fund too far, and they left out lots of genuine space stuff like NSH & SFTW

Shedite27 wrote: »
    ARKX seems to be a bit dodgy in my eyes, the purpose they say is "companies that are engaged in the Fund’s investment theme of Space Exploration and innovation."

Their holdings include:
    - another ARK ETF (3D Printing EFT - second biggest holding in the fund)
    - JD.com
    - Amazon - buy a spacesuit?
    - Google - both in the "search industry"?
    - Alibaba
    - Netflix - shows space movies???

I dunno, seems one fund too far, and they left out lots of genuine space stuff like NSH & SFTW

Ya there isn't really any pure space plays in there except SPCE. Looks like a lot of safe companies with potential to expand into the area (TRMB, KTOS, LMT, DSY etc.) but have a lot of government contracts already so will be profitable.

Then parked some cash into JD, AMZN etc so guarantee some growth.

The cynic in me wonders how many have they included to try and push others to buy. More than a few are in other ARK funds as well. Not sure we will see the real ARKX targets for a few months yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

I sold up all my tech stocks earlier in the year and reallocated to beverage companies as part of the "reopening play", they have been steady growers since, all are dividend stocks as well.

I love the tech stocks but they are taking a hammering and the swings are quite damaging to the portfolio, I'm keeping an eye on Okta, Crowdstrike, Snowflake, Airbnb, Draftkings Mile etc (the usual suspects!).

I'm sleeping easier with the below names in my portfolio.

BUD Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (Beer)
    DEO DIAGEO (Beer + Spirits)
    KO Coca-Cola (Soft Drinks)
    JDEP.AS JDE PEETS (Coffee + Tea)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Toshiba is down 92% from 3000 range to 300 range. Ticker 0Q0C at LSE. It seems drop triggered due to law suit by group of investor but that's some drop,.... i have no prior knowledge of this company but think markets generally overreact and over shoot in either direction...

Will welcome comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

bish76 wrote: »
    Toshiba is down 92% from 3000 range to 300 range. Ticker 0Q0C at LSE. It seems drop triggered due to law suit by group of investor but that's some drop,.... i have no prior knowledge of this company but think markets generally overreact and over shoot in either direction...

Will welcome comments.

Looks more like some kind of error in the pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭littlevillage

What are peoples thoughts on

- Unity Software.....brokers raving about it...meanwhile SP is still stalled.

-C3.ai...arse has completely fallen out of SP, looks overdone.

What are peoples thoughts on

- Unity Software.....brokers raving about it...meanwhile SP is still stalled.

-C3.ai...arse has completely fallen out of SP, looks overdone.
    Someone here clagged C3.ai on Friday and I did some digging over the weekend. I don't think the price has completely fallen out of it, but more it was completely inflated for the past few months. $6bn valuation is about right for where it is today (36x Price/Sales), which brings us to the growth prospects over the next few year.

Firstly, AI is a big growth industry, will be a big trend for the next few years, and C3.ai are the market leaders from a standalone company (other competitors, AI is a department within a bigger company, like IBM). So long term, if they maintain their market share, the market growth alone will grow their share price.

Biggest question marks for me:
    1. They've only about 30 customers, they call it a "lighthouse approach", where they get a big contract in each industry, and then hope that other companies in each industry follow to C3. Downside of that obviously is if any or many of their competitors cut back or move to a competitor it has a bigger impact than usual. Top 3 customers generate about 40% of revenue.
    2. Growth was only 19% year on year. That's small for a $6bn company. Normally with $6bn companies, I'm asking can they become a $12bn company in the next year. At 19% growth, that's tough. It'll grow, but it's a slow growth

So in a nutshell, don't expect it back to $100 just because it was over $100 last month. When these things lose their momentum, they need proper growth to increase SP. I might invest for a slow burner, but would probably be happier in an AI ETF where you're just backing AI rather than any particular company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭antimatterx

If Square drops below 200 it's 100% a buy.

Cloudflare is dipping nicely also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Eyeing up TDOC. Analysts and fintwit (for whatever that's worth) very bullish on it. Although I seem to remember some YouTube sleuths discovered Betterhelp to be a bag of boll*cks.

Has anyone looked at TSIA?
    SPAC merging with a company called Latch?

It's an all encompassing smart home SaaS. Works as a middle man between the home-owner and smart home companies then provides an app where all systems can be operated from. Seems like a particular focus on commercial/property developers with 1 in 10 new apartment blocks using Latch and a number of property management companies on their books.
    On face value the business models seems impressive, 97% of customers have signed up to an initial 6-year contract and pay up front.
    Zero customer churn so far apparently.

Potentially looking to expand into europe on the back of the merger as Tishman Speyer, the spac sponsor is a global property management company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Eyeing up TDOC. Analysts and fintwit (for whatever that's worth) very bullish on it. Although I seem to remember some YouTube sleuths discovered Betterhelp to be a bag of boll*cks.

One for the long term I think. It's the way of the future for health IMO. COVID-19 just escalated the timeline for this type of service.

I bought in the dip last week but it keeps on dipping (down 15%). No cash to average down but I'm not really worried about it. It's a long hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

It looks like a good day. Lots of green, but still a long way to go to break even after a several days of red.

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    It looks like a good day. Lots of green, but still a long way to go to break even after a several days of red.

Lots of marginally red for me. Down 0.15% overall today but some stocks green due to currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Lots of marginally red for me. Down 0.15% overall today but some stocks green due to currency.

On that note, GBP hit a year high vs EUR today, so is a good time to sell any LSE stocks that you may want rid of (I'm looking at you HSBC)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Regi ceo purchased and sold a similar amount of shares on the same date after a recent price crash, would I be right in assuming that's for tax reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

Deliveroo shares tanking on IPO.

All that glitters is not gold anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Treppen wrote: »

The company can reportedly still cancel the IPO and void any trades made until unconditional trading starts on April 7.
    That would be embarrassing

Treppen wrote: »

Could have a big fall ahead of it as well, pre-IPO shares bought through their app/PrimaryBid won't have shares in trading accounts until after the 7th of April. Can see a lot of panic selling for a loss when it happens.

Amazon being one of the main (or the biggest?) investors makes it an interesting one I think. Amazon tried and failed at restaurant delivery previously but with Amazon fresh stores opening now and dark/cloud kitchens predicted to grow exponentially (currently ~40$bn, predicted ~70$bn 2027) it wouldn't be surprising to see Amazon backing Deliveroo even more, possibly buying them outright.

If the price drops close to 200p, it would be tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I just picked up 1000 Deliveroo @ 289p
    I made a very tidy profit from Meituan dianping over the last 2 years, they went from IPO price of $73hkd they dropped to $50hkd but are currently trading at $300 hkd 3 years later
    I think Deliveroo is very similar in that these delivery businesses work better in densely populated places like the UK and the cities of China. It's also the reason to Doordash in the US is not doing as good, as the population is too spread out in places.
    In China its cheaper to get a takeaway delivered to your door than it is to go and buy and collect it yourself. Sounds nuts but it's true. Just like McDonalds are happy to just operate the drive through business during the pandemic. The drive through is all profit compared to opening the doors and have staff busting tables and cleaning toilets after kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

300k worth?

Advertisement