Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Cpfm wrote: »
    anyone here investing in bitcoin? am looking at Binance as a platform to purchase. Am a complete noob on bitcoin - would welcome any experienced views.
    thanks..

solid exchange been on it a few years. I wouldn't try and trade on the phone app, hurts my eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Wow,Valhallapt...that has to be the premier league of buying shares..Nice one..I'm in the 4th division so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Quick question around ETFS?

Even with deemed disposable, is it still worth it to invest and hold at regular intervals?

Say 500 a month? That would be 12 periods a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Valhallapt wrote: »
    You start Monday

**** me :) fair play didn't think you'd share that lol
    Some return in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Even with deemed disposable, is it still worth it to invest and hold at regular intervals?

Absolutely. If you're investing once a month, you can get the admin for tax done in one hours work a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MEMESTONKS

Also, I wonder why degiro don't operate in Belgium. Luxembourg I can kinda understand...

Ex5YwVjWYAQuU3R?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Absolutely. If you're investing once a month, you can get the admin for tax done in one hours work a year

even with the higher tax rate? As far as I know you also have to pay DIRT @8% which means you are liable for 41%. If you hold the ETF for 8 years you are liable for the DIRT whether you sell or not.
    However - there is some sort of escape from DIRT if you use a US based broker who is domiciled in the US.
    Its put me off ETFs for the time being...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

😎 UXIN up 70% today if anyone got on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

What are peoples thoughts on the TSLA - Bitcoin correlation?
    Is having money in both a bigger risk than just having it one or the other?

Cathie Woods has said Arks rationale for investing in Bitcoin is that they worked out it has a low beta so it’s a reliable investment/cash hold. But if the SP of BTC and TSLA are strongly linked, which it appears they are, is having money in both a greater risk than having money is only one of them?

I think this will pass once TSLA main business becomes more profitable and they continue to expand into other areas.

Whatever about Bitcoin, I have to think that reality will set in at some stage regarding TESLA, it is overvalued in my opinion. I had a read of some of the "rationale" for ARK's prediction of $3,000 for TESLA and it seemed, to me, complete nonsense to the extent that I would be hard pressed to believe anything they say about much of anything.

• Advertisement

even with the higher tax rate? As far as I know you also have to pay DIRT @8% which means you are liable for 41%. If you hold the ETF for 8 years you are liable for the DIRT whether you sell or not.
    However - there is some sort of escape from DIRT if you use a US based broker who is domiciled in the US.
    I had a look at it and my conclusion was the same, it is just prohibitive with the tax. I went with Investment Trusts instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sorry I read your "is it worth it" from a effort point of view.

Yes tax wise shares are your best bet. I don't use Investment Trusts.

ETF's are great where you want eposure to an insustry but don't know what company to pick (eg IT Security ETF)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

anyone here investing in bitcoin? am looking at Binance as a platform to purchase. Am a complete noob on bitcoin - would welcome any experienced views.
    thanks..

Check out the crypto forum....loads of hodlers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Jeff2

thanks..

Check here.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1814

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

What's peoples thoughts on KMPH? I see there is lots of accumulation at current levels. This needs to break through resistance at the 50/100/200 EMAs and 38.2% short-term fib to confirm upside. This is about 50% off highs after FDA approval last month so i think it has lots of upside potential

• Registered Users Posts: 45,300 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'd stay away from ETF's for regular savings. A massive deemed disposal headache, and 41% tax. **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think Nikola share price will rise, they teamed up with Iveco trucks to get electric trucks to market. Will be building them in Iveco european plants
    Was 65.00 a share last June, now it's 13.91. Once they get to market with a real deal electric truck share price will rise. Was a sell off at 65 I'd say, in a dip ever since. But will rise I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think Nikola share price will rise, they teamed up with Iveco trucks to get electric trucks to market. Will be building them in Iveco european plants
    Was 65.00 a share last June, now it's 13.91. Once they get to market with a real deal electric truck share price will rise. Was a sell off at 65 I'd say, in a dip ever since. But will rise I feel

NKLA are a jokeshop, stay well away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm currently down 77% on NKLA, luckily a small position, bought at $60 :( Maybe they'll finally do something!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Jeff2

AIB looking to buy back 5% government shares.

I'm not recommending it but check huge jump at close of day.

See what after hours shows.

London exchange.

For some reason it is showing as level when it shot up end of day.
    Odd.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/aibg.l/

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    AIB looking to buy back 5% government shares.

I'm not recommending it but check huge jump at close of day.

See what after hours shows.

London exchange.

For some reason it is showing as level when it shot up end of day.
    Odd.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/aibg.l/

Be surprised if government bites there still down something like 50 %i think ? I'd wait it out for a few more years aib situation improving all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Nice to finally see some green.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Dipped my toe into GameStop at around the high 200's with €5k.

Not life changing money but still takes up far too much of my time.

All the talk of the price being 500k etc is just annoying and they believe their own hype too much.

I agree takes up too much of your time due to constant monitoring due to fear of Sharpe rise or fall...we had bought 4 shares at 115 it went till 350 odd but did not sell as I thought it will go further up, finally got rid of it at 151..it's good to watch the fun from outside..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Slideways

Truck mechanic here. Iveco were always cheap junk that were mostly bought by owner operators or large fleets who planned on running to destruction and scrapping.

The feasibility for EV haulage is pretty grim. Fine for delivery milk around town but long haul, not gonna happen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

NKLA is a scam.

Stay away. It could pump but long term it's hopeless.

They were just trying to copy Tesla, similar name etc. Former CEO is a fraudster who has also been accused of sexual assault and was aggressive and mouthy on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Has anyone ever looked into investing in Flatex themselves?

Slideways wrote: »
    Truck mechanic here. Iveco were always cheap junk that were mostly bought by owner operators or large fleets who planned on running to destruction and scrapping.

The feasibility for EV haulage is pretty grim. Fine for delivery milk around town but long haul, not gonna happen

I would disagree with that.its the future.
    Musk is a genius im following that man for years and he' will see it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

richie123 wrote: »
    I would disagree with that.its the future.
    Musk is a genius im following that man for years and he' will see it through.

That's Tesla not Nikola where the owner Trevor Milton was hit pants down presenting a driving truck that actually just rolled downhill. Electric might be too early but hydrogen might work.
    If they deliver a truck anytime, might be a great opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

NKLA long haul trucks are “planned” to use hydrogen as a fuel I think. Short haul are electricity then. There’s a few short haul EV trucks with a max mileage of 100-200 I think, Lion, Workhorse, Xos.

Anything planned to use hydrogen means it’s likely 5+ years away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭theboringfox

I think I realise I spend too much time watching stuff on markets when it is closed for couple extra days and I find myself with a gap in the day.

Find all EV stuff fascinating. And no doubt fortunes have and will be made. I just can't get head around how you value the sector. Just outside my mental capacity and risk appetite. But will continue to watch from sidelines.

Advertisement