Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

cc87 wrote: »
    Bill Ackman speaking about PSTH at the PSH earnings...

Majority of his & companies time spent working on PSTH
    Won't announce anything until definitive agreement
    Timeline is "out of their control", possibly based on the company in question not PSH
    Wouldn't say anything about the company other than "it's a big one"
    Likely their next investment announcement will be the merger but no timeline mentioned

Basically.....nothing new.

I wonder are they waiting for the CCIV deal and attention to pass and then hoover up whoever didn't get in on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I suppose it's a nice complaint that I use to buy 1000s of nndm in one go before but nowadays I'm only able to afford 200 shares ha, bought the pullback but would happily of got 1000 more shares but not nearly enough cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Interesting upcoming IPO Cellular Goods.

Synthetic cannabinoid products. Has David Beckham as an early investor as is the guy behind Argo.
    With the current buzz around cannabis products could be interesting. Kanabo, the only other cannabis share on the LSE is up from 15p to 40p since IPO on Tuesday

For those UK based, shares can be purchased now through PrimaryBid. 5p a share, min purchase £100, closes tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

MAJJ wrote: »
    I wonder are they waiting for the CCIV deal and attention to pass and then hoover up whoever didn't get in on that.

Thought that myself, wait until WSB wave passes & CCIV announced so theres less distractions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Warren Buffett says he loves when stock prices are down. It means he can buy more stock. :rolleyes:

One man's panic is another man's opportunity.
    Ark Invest show their purchases every day.

Shopify dropped about 7/8% on Wednesday after results - Ark bought $74m.

These drops are what keep the good funds in business. They know the prices will recover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Anyone know why RIOT (-9.29%) and MARA (-8.9%) while Bitcoin is showing +1.14% https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

This red day has barely eaten into the gains of the past week, portfolio is down 1.7% and still ahead of where I was at open of business yesterday morning.
    The red numbers always look scarier than they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 qwertyuiopa

I went with $VTGN - VistaGen Therapeutics. They are a biopharmaceutical company developing a generation of novel medicines for anxiety, depression, primarily through nasal sprays One of their products in the pipeline is called PH94B(neuroactive nasal spray) that is in phase 3 awaiting results very soon(Q2 2021). It treats social anxiety disorder. With everything that's been going on in the last year we see lots of people suffering from depression and anxiety. When PH94B passes FDA Phase 3 development the price will go up significantly. I am in long at $1.97

Started investing in the last few weeks (€2k total), a mix of crypto and tips from lurking on here. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can this year, and will probably add a couple of hundred a month to my portfolio and see how I get on. I've been doing OK so far, especially on the crypto side.

Anyway I added Vistagen last week after reading this post and after doing a small bit of research on the company. Just opened Degiro and I saw that they're up over 35% today.

I dont post too often on boards, but just wanted to acknowledge this tip, and to express my gratitude. Gonna have to figure out how long to hold the stock now, but that's another days work!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

cc87 wrote: »
    Interesting upcoming IPO Cellular Goods.

Synthetic cannabinoid products. Has David Beckham as an early investor as is the guy behind Argo.
    With the current buzz around cannabis products could be interesting. Kanabo, the only other cannabis share on the LSE is up from 15p to 40p since IPO on Tuesday

For those UK based, shares can be purchased now through PrimaryBid. 5p a share, min purchase £100, closes tomorrow though.

Need UK number to register. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    CCIV is holding down the other EV stocks for weeks. NIO will stop the bleeding when this settles.

Tempted to add NIO.

picked up some XM- Qualtrics. Anyone picked anything so far folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Anyone know why RIOT (-9.29%) and MARA (-8.9%) while Bitcoin is showing +1.14% https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin

It went up 200% off a 25% move in BTC. Got too far ahead of itself. Be careful trading it off of BTC price.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,354 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

RIOT is up 4500% in the past 12 months. Some run it has been on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Motley Fools premium stock buy ..
    Buy Idexx Laboratories
    David Gardner February 18, 2021 Recommendation , Buy Recommendations

CURRENT PRICE: IDXX $ 559.35 $ 19.00 (3.5%) Price as of February 18, 1:54 p.m. ET
    IDEXX LABORATORIES IN 1 MINUTE
    WHAT IT DOES
    Idexx is the leading global manufacturer of diagnostic tests, equipment, and services for the veterinary, livestock, poultry, dairy, and water-testing markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HamillE

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Palantir sliding beautifully into buy zone, Will be interesting at market open tomorrow when the lockup is gone to see if it drops a lot more. I'll probably buy back in the afternoon tomorrow.

I may be misunderstanding you, but didn't the lockup expire today? So those shares are already unlocked? I might buy a bit this evening and a bit more tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

CCIV up 12% to $63+
    Doing its best to balance out the red of the day.

On a little play money whim I was monitoring Yahoo finance 'most added to watchlist' stocks and JAGX featured. Up 17% today and have no shame in saying I have not researched one iota.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Does anyone know why clean energy has been taking more of a hammering for the last 3 days, I can't find anything specific. SM energy is now down 20% today on top of Plug/BE coming down 25-30% in the last 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Does anyone know why clean energy has been taking more of a hammering for the last 3 days, I can't find anything specific. SM energy is now down 20% today on top of Plug/BE coming down 25-30% in the last 3 days.

Winter weather is leading to poor solar output. Germany refiring some closed natural gas and coal power plants.

Could be something to do with it. Also rising oil prices

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Kilboor wrote: »
    Winter weather is leading to poor solar output. Germany refiring some closed natural gas and coal power plants.

Could be something to do with it. Also rising oil prices

SM Energy is also oil - Ooofh I need to go outside I'm confusing myself haha

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Bob Harris wrote: »

RIOT doesn't use GPU based miners and they mine Bitcoin so not sure why that news would be relevant. Maybe I'm missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Motley Fools premium stock buy ..
    Buy Idexx Laboratories
    David Gardner February 18, 2021 Recommendation , Buy Recommendations

CURRENT PRICE: IDXX $ 559.35 $ 19.00 (3.5%) Price as of February 18, 1:54 p.m. ET
    IDEXX LABORATORIES IN 1 MINUTE
    WHAT IT DOES
    Idexx is the leading global manufacturer of diagnostic tests, equipment, and services for the veterinary, livestock, poultry, dairy, and water-testing markets.

Added some just now. Let's hope for some joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Started investing in the last few weeks (€2k total), a mix of crypto and tips from lurking on here. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can this year, and will probably add a couple of hundred a month to my portfolio and see how I get on. I've been doing OK so far, especially on the crypto side.

Anyway I added Vistagen last week after reading this post and after doing a small bit of research on the company. Just opened Degiro and I saw that they're up over 35% today.

I dont post too often on boards, but just wanted to acknowledge this tip, and to express my gratitude. Gonna have to figure out how long to hold the stock now, but that's another days work!

Same boat as u there, took this up about a month ago.. Just learning from here and a few other sources. Overall managed to keep the head above water. Best performances were from ACRX, Bioline and Tellurian and BP.. Gevo was also going well.. Up to this week.. A few other small holdings dropped. But im holding tough.. Today would be a good day to have some spare cash to stock up..

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Vixxy back up to 23 earlier today.
    Anything above 20 is bad for risk assets.

There seems to be a loss of steam for clean energy (pardon the pun). Some of it is buy the rumour sell the news (Biden support) while the momentum loss will see funds move money to other markets with higher potential returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Time to get the Fastly Rollercoaster tracker out again....
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Updating my Fastly tracker, YTD is now...
    $78 - $102 - $78 - $116 - $78 - $95 - $78 - $128 - $86 (currently, might even bounce to $78 again today?)
    Last 8 Month (mid June to mid Feb)
    $78 - $102 - $78 - $116 - $78 - $95 - $78 - $128 - $63 - $104 - $81 - $117 - $80

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

APPN tanking after hours, my week just keeps getting better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Time to get the Fastly Rollercoaster tracker out again....

Last 8 Month (mid June to mid Feb)
    $78 - $102 - $78 - $116 - $78 - $95 - $78 - $128 - $63 - $104 - $81 - $117 - $80

Yeah it has bounced of 70's so many times, it's amazing defo one to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Options expiry today, manipulations at its finest, exacerbated by many had big profits on these and are retail Robinhood types so panicked at any drop.
    May be more downside today and big up on Monday if BTC doesnt decide to dump over the weekend, crypto investing isnt for the faint hearted!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

HamillE wrote: »
    I may be misunderstanding you, but didn't the lockup expire today? So those shares are already unlocked? I might buy a bit this evening and a bit more tomorrow

That was my bad, I had read before that it was 3 days after earnings. Hopefully not too much of a rise at market open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Ark Invest show their purchases every day.

Shopify dropped about 7/8% on Wednesday after results - Ark bought $74m.

These drops are what keep the good funds in business. They know the prices will recover

And then followed that with $131m in Palantir yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

H2 accident on forecourt Norway hit my NEL bit.
    This may have hit Plug who are in same area.
    Also, for EV down - maybe awaiting CCIV merger with lucid.

Advertisement