Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

in2dark wrote: »
    T212 doesnt let me add a limit order. Says I dont have funds even though I have more than enough...

Ya same here, they probably lookin for millions off ya... I only wanted 3 shares lol

Crikey I feel like it's Cheltenham with Roblox, this is exciting.
    With me 3 shares :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Cant buy on 212 ffs, getting that insufficient funds message even though there is plenty of funds in the account

buyer95 wrote: »
    Cant buy on 212 ffs, getting that insufficient funds message even though there is plenty of funds in the account

DEgiro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Would you avoid this with Interactive Brokers?
    Only have degiro atm.... was happy until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭crushproof

buyer95 wrote: »

Yeah no joy either, same issue. doubt I'd be able to get any but annoying that I can't even try!

GME blasting off again, heading towards 290. Can't wait to read the book about this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Has anyone successfully purchased Roblox yet? If soo, which broker you using?

I ask because, the shares don't appear to be on general sale yet on DeGiro at least

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Has anyone successfully purchased Roblox yet? If soo, which broker you using?

I ask because, the shares don't appear to be on general sale yet on DeGiro at least

Looking at the Nasdaq there doesn't seem to be any activity in them so far:

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/rblx/real-time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

put in a limit order of $46 for 25 for RBLX, hard to know what way this will go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Comhra wrote: »
    Looking at the Nasdaq there doesn't seem to be any activity in them so far:

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/rblx/real-time

Comments on twitter are saying the NYSE have said it will 11am EST before RBLX will be traded at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭crushproof

Appearing as $65 on T212

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

bawnBeag wrote: »
    put in a limit order of $46 for 25 for RBLX, hard to know what way this will go

Same here at 47 - wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Roblox won't start selling till about 5pm. They're matching orders at the moment. Up above $60 at the moment
    bish76 wrote: »
    These scenario highlight limitations of no-frill low cost online brokers. Degiro repeatedly declined to put stop loss at the value I wanted last week. Tried to sell 150 Pfizer shares at market price but would only allow half of it.
    Sound like 2 separate issues there is it?
    - They won't let the stop loss too high or too low as they want to discourage trading of highly volatile stocks.
    - why wouldn't they let you sell all your Pfizer shares? Or did they just give you a different price for the other half? If so, that's to do with buyers and fairly common
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    Nope.. my order is with Davy.
    Cut your ties with that shower. Have you not been reading the news? Probably bought the Roblox shares themselves at $45 and are gonna flog them to you at $80

De Giro have set the upper bid price at 67.5 USD. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Roblox won't start selling till about 5pm. They're matching orders at the moment. Up above $60 at the moment

Sound like 2 separate issues there is it?
    - They won't let the stop loss too high or too low as they want to discourage trading of highly volatile stocks.
    - why wouldn't they let you sell all your Pfizer shares? Or did they just give you a different price for the other half? If so, that's to do with buyers and fairly common

Cut your ties with that shower. Have you not been reading the news? Probably bought the Roblox shares themselves at $45 and are gonna flog them to you at $80

Ha ha I would not be surprised!!... but hey if it is the only way I can get roblox in a tax efficient manner I need to take it.

Where you hearing reading about the 5PM and $60?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

whats the craic with GME ?

is it seriously worth the current money ?

this current run up isnt just Wall st bets again surely ?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    whats the craic with GME ?

is it seriously worth the current money ?

this current run up isnt just Wall st bets again surely ?
    The fact that this has now happened twice would suggest that there is way more going than than a bunch of people buying it on reddit, all to do with the shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

Ha ha I would not be surprised!!... but hey if it is the only way I can get roblox in a tax efficient manner I need to take it.

Was on CNBC and other finance channels there a few minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

retalivity wrote: »

I'm very interested in this one. Huge potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

5pm is the usual time that these things start trading (can be later if there's more orders).

The price is being tracked on CNBC, currently $68-$72

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

GME is sucking diesel. It is flying up now

Shedite27 wrote: »
    5pm is the usual time that these things start trading (can be later if there's more orders).

The price is being tracked on CNBC, currently $68-$72

CNBC reporting trading halted.

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/RBLX?qfsearchterm=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

I think - complete guesswork of course - that GME is going to hoover up all the new x trillion dollar stimulus checks and then will calm down once again in a week or two.

Well back in profit with GME now, stop loss set. Amazing, only reason I didn't dump at a loss before was because you need to hold for 4 weeks in order to carry forward the loss to offset against future capital gains. Its only 1.5 shares I have, but still, amazing. What great sport, for the first share I ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did anyone manage to buy RBLX?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

ShaneU wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to buy RBLX?

Nope is it even buyable yet? for us reg plebs I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Gamestop gone over 330 now. Absolute insanity.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gamestop gone over 330 now. Absolute insanity.

Finally bought one lol. Will sell tonight

Advertisement