Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cronos wrote: »
    Amazing day. Wish I'd bought the dip. But how do you call the bottom on these things. Tricky.

I slowly bought the whole way through, even lastnight just before the close (and yday was a bad day), I bought afew of the most beat down stocks (only 1% of my overall portfolio. I don't really care about the absolute bottom (which god knows if we have even hit yet), but you don't stop dollar averaging just because the market is going down. I definitely bought the "dip" too much (catching a falling knife instead), which was painful to see it drop like 30% following, but I didn't let that stop me fully from buying anymore. I do still need to rotate away from growth and EVs (this rollercoaster I've been through since Dec, it's been fun but mother of God I cannot keep gambling my life savings to this degree ha), but during the last 2wks that wasnt the time to be selling oversold stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Holy ****, AMC is taking a wild ride in after-hours; near vertical run up there to $11.60

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Holy ****, AMC is taking a wild ride in after-hours; near vertical run up there to $11.60

I bought AMC throughout last year at avg $3, missed the last $20 peak, but think I'll hold as it'll probably hit between $20-$30 longer term, if not sooner with all the squeeze talk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

OCGN targeting a May EUA application for Covaxin according to a talk today from the CEO.

They also view it to have the potential for a much longer tail than the modernan/pfizer vaccines due to it having greater potential for stockpiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭circadian

Roblox is going public today. Valued at $45 so this should be interesting, I expect a massive spike in the next few days then a sell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

circadian wrote: »
    Roblox is going public today. Valued at $45 so this should be interesting, I expect a massive spike in the next few days then a sell off.

Will this be on Degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

cronos wrote: »
    Will this be on Degiro?

Already is

GME up 15% already on premarket, totally insane, good signs for another good GME day though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

masterK wrote: »
    Already is

Are people just putting in market orders at open? Never tried to buy on open before, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Duff fortnight for me in terms of trades and positions

amazon has fallen quite a bit and its my biggest position outside ireland

spent $500 on a GME $65 Put when the stock was @ $105 , obviously that disappeared

closed a Tesla $700 call position yesterday thats due to expire this coming friday , its looking like il have left thousands on the table as i bought the thing for $320 two days ago ( that one really hurts )

sometimes your instinct is way off

still , my IRES reit position is up more than 10% since the start of February

takes a while to bounce back from a series of bad trades

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    bum fortnight for me in terms of trades and positions

amazon has fallen quite a bit and its my biggest position outside ireland

spent $500 on a GME $65 Put when the stock was @ $105 , obviously that disappeared

closed a Tesla $700 call position yesterday thats due to expire this coming friday , its looking like il have left thousands on the table as i bought the thing for $320 two days ago ( that one really hurts )

sometimes your instinct is way off

still , my IRES reit position is up more than 10% since the start of February

takes a while to bounce back from a series of bad trades

It's very easy in hindsight to say something was a bad trade. I sold Tesla yesterday morning, like really, who in their right mind could have seen a 20% jump after? If I were in the situation again I'd probably do the same with the available information I had. A huge part of this is just luck and nothing to do with your trading strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

Over on Reddit they're trying to add fake sentiment to keep the price low :pac:

Also... refer to it as $sears corp

This could go either way with investors dumping their private States.
    Company hasn't made a dime worth 30bn with Minecraft only worth 10bn !

Dunno how it can't make a profit with everyone's kids dumping money in every birthday and Christmas to buy a few trashy pixelated hats!

Seems like developers make good money so it'll be easy to tap them some more.
    Good pump piece here from a minor developer

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/lrdrsz/i_am_a_roblox_developer_and_i_know_the_absolute/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

JeffKenna wrote: »
    It's very easy in hindsight to say something was a bad trade. I sold Tesla yesterday morning, like really, who in their right mind could have seen a 20% jump after? If I were in the situation again I'd probably do the same with the available information I had. A huge part of this is just luck and nothing to do with your trading strategy.

Yes but with options , the upside is so huge if things go right based on the small amount of capital staked ,then you sort of have to give it a chance , i was stung with GME the week before and sort of feared loosing again

i made $1700 profit on a $300 initial option purchase with FB back in January in the space of a week , Tesla being a $680 stock , im likely to leave multiples of that behind

i second guessed myself , id been watching Tesla fall for a while and expected a bounce back

second guessing oneself is the biggest enemy in stock trading

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm interested in Roblox but just a warning on the direct listing approach it's taking.

They're not creating new shares. Therefore, the only shares available today will be people deciding to sell existing shares today. Now put yourself in those peoples shoes, they're all expecting a pop, so the majority will hold for a few days/weeks/months to see how it goes. So today, you'll have very little sellers, and a lot of buyers (people interested). I'm expecting a big pop on that logic alone today, give it a few days and it should settle when the opposite happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm interested in Roblox but just a warning on the direct listing approach it's taking.

They're not creating new shares. Therefore, the only shares available today will be people deciding to sell existing shares today. Now put yourself in those peoples shoes, they're all expecting a pop, so the majority will hold for a few days/weeks/months to see how it goes. So today, you'll have very little sellers, and a lot of buyers (people interested). I'm expecting a big pop on that logic alone today, give it a few days and it should settle when the opposite happens.

How about a day flip?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I've put in a buy order expecting the same... I expect it to pump and I plan to get out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Is etoro down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭riddles

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Is GEVO worth a punt now that its at 8.70 odd ?

I think this company could potentially have a very bright future and would like to buy and hold

thanks

There will be a potential spike when the details of the green energy bill are announced possible to 17-18$ ultimately there will be a lag then until the first plant net zero 1 is built. I am optimistic it will be a winner. That and Cielo. CLNE could kick on from okay earnings and get a bounce off LNG supplies post covid (consider selling on the next spike).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Can you do a market order on roblox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

putting a market order is very risky especially for volatile stocks...always put in a limit order...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

putting a market order is very risky especially for volatile stocks...always put in a limit order...

Yes I understand that to be best practice, but with roblox as it is just going public is there any price guide?

Edit:
    Sorry I see the guide is 45 dollars. So I think I'll put my limit order at 41euro (48 dollars)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

What time does the DPO actually kick-off? From the bell?

(Good luck filling an order at anything less than $50 on DeGiro or 0 commission brokers btw. Guide is $45 and I'm confident it will EOD @ $100+)

pioneerpro wrote: »
    What time does the DPO actually kick-off? From the bell?

(Good luck filling an order at anything less than $50 on DeGiro or 0 commission brokers btw. Guide is $45 and I'm confident it will EOD @ $100+)

I put the limit in at $75 FWIW. Fingers crossed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Treppen wrote: »
    How about a day flip?
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    I've put in a buy order expecting the same... I expect it to pump and I plan to get out then.
    I don't expect you're getting anything on Degiro at $45

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Degiro allows $49.50 upper limit for Roblox. I added 5 but most likely it will shoot right above that before anyone on degiro could buy it.

I don't expect you're getting anything on Degiro at $45

Nope.. my order is with Davy.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭in2dark

bish76 wrote: »
    Degiro allows $49.50 upper limit for Roblox. I added 5 but most likely it will shoot right above that before anyone on degiro could buy it.

T212 doesnt let me add a limit order. Says I dont have funds even though I have more than enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

These scenario highlight limitations of no-frill low cost online brokers. Degiro repeatedly declined to put stop loss at the value I wanted last week. Tried to sell 150 Pfizer shares at market price but would only allow half of it.

• Advertisement

bish76 wrote: »
    These scenario highlight limitations of no-frill low cost online brokers. Degiro repeatedly declined to put stop loss at the value I wanted last week. Tried to sell 150 Pfizer shares at market price but would only allow half of it.
    Would you avoid this with Interactive Brokers?

Advertisement