Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

richie123 wrote: »
    Opinions on norwegian air shuttle?
    Will it survive or is it ****ed...down 99 percent in past 5 years.

I thought they went bankrupt and were liquidated last year....apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

buyer95 wrote: »
    Roblox very strong in pre market around 86 dollars right now. Are people thinking of selling up around 100 dollars?

Also Nio and Redfin are both doing very nicely yesterday and today. Happy camper

Just got back one of those 10 year an post solidarity bonds savings things, an ok return considering the dirt and interest rate everywhere else.
    ... new interest rate on offer now is 10% after ten years.

Holding Roblox instead to see where it goes.
    Plus I kind of get a kick out of it with my kids being involved. Either way. If the share goes up its their fault for spending my money on Roblox.
    And if it goes down its their fault in another way I haven't thought of yet.

But dang, $100 a share in an unprofitable company which has millions of addicted kid users throwing money at it every day... Something can't be right. Hopefully it'll become the next memestock.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Kilough wrote: »
    Anybody own or have any opinion on Wuxi Biologics. Saw it referenced twice in last week as a good diversification play on growing chinese market. Trades in HK.

Seems to have high PE although PEG ratio may be more attractive. They're growing revenues, expanding quickly.

Hard to find info on financials or any chat on Twitter/Reddit

Incorporated in Cayman (I imagine) from the name - WUXI BIOLOGICS CAYMAN INC. Read somewhere recently to beware investing in Cayman based entities!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

There's so many competing theories at the moment that I'm not even sure the bigger boys know what is what. Everything including, but not limited to, the following has been cited as a factor in recent times:

- Deliberate triggering of the SSR
    - DTCC Rule Change
    - Phantom stock being in abundance with the original shorts
    - Conspiracies about Hiding shorts in a variety of ETFs
    - Reaction to Ryan Cohen news
    - Hedgefunds competing against each other
    - Shaking out the price before stimulus cheques get dumped in
    - Conspiracies about MarketWatch posting articles before events

What we know for certain?

- Someone deliberately dumped on the market yesterday to trigger a panic
    - A lot of people were on 100% margin yesterday and got wiped
    - A lot of people had stop-losses set, and were exploited
    - The volatility is here to stay till Friday's bell, and not just with GME
    - Someone's getting *very* worried. And it ain't the apes over on reddit.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Incorporated in Cayman (I imagine) from the name - WUXI BIOLOGICS CAYMAN INC. Read somewhere recently to beware investing in Cayman based entities!

Seems to me you have to buy in blocks of 1500 aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

For those of you with kids, is there much roblox gaming going on in your household?

For those of you with kids, is there much roblox gaming going on in your household?

Yes there is Much.

Don't ask why, the games are pure trash.

I think it's just a social platform like second Life for kids.
    Girls and boys play equally. Fortnite seems to be old news with my kids and their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Treppen wrote: »
    Yes there is Much.

Don't ask why, the games are pure trash.

I think it's just a social platform like second Life for kids.
    Girls and boys play equally. Fortnite seems to be old news with my kids and their friends.

yep - agree with those points - its a favourite with my younger boy. I think one of the attractions is so many different games you can jump around in too.... new stuff appearing all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I guess my second question is are you all giving them money for robux? :)

I'm picking up some Unity Software today, ticker is U. They have bought VisualLive, who produce augmented reality software for construction and manufacturing. I picked up the info from a MyWallSt update, and with the stimulus package it might be a good time to jump in. Currently trading at 99$ on NSY.
    ...it could also tank....

• Advertisement

yes ...:pac: :pac: ... its not a lot, maybe €10 a month..... not as much as the older guy costs me .. :D

Only on special occasions, birthday/christmas etc something like a tenners worth each. And other times when I'm at my wits end.... which is often enough.

It's like the school bully is picking on my kids for lunch money, and I'm forming alliances with the bully to take a cut of the spoils, so I'm perfectly ok with that:D

Might be worth asking over on the parenting forum, boards doesn't really allow research, but I suppose it's for discussion purposes so that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Cpfm wrote: »
    I'm picking up some Unity Software today, ticker is U. They have bought VisualLive, who produce augmented reality software for construction and manufacturing. I picked up the info from a MyWallSt update, and with the stimulus package it might be a good time to jump in. Currently trading at 99$ on NSY.

I picked up some earlier in the week for $92, I missed the boat on the IPO by setting an order for $65, it never went below $68 on Degiro. This week is the first time the stock has come back to pre 100 since.

I think they are an excellent company, the potential for the technology is huge. People think it's just in video games but it's already used in lots of other places. I've seen it extensively used in CCTV / Security systems. They've invested huge amount in AR/VR R&D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

Cpfm wrote: »

I'd say Unity would be a good long term play. I worked in the industry many years ago and Unity had a great learning curve for indie developers and even big developers have used it. As others have said, they've branched out beyond being a game engine and I remember the Unity pricing/licencing model was very modest and accommodating to smaller developers. It has a significant market share in the games industry.

circadian wrote: »
    I'd say Unity would be a good long term play. I worked in the industry many years ago and Unity had a great learning curve for indie developers and even big developers have used it. As others have said, they've branched out beyond being a game engine and I remember the Unity pricing/licencing model was very modest and accommodating to smaller developers. It has a significant market share in the games industry.

Be aware however that you're effectively betting against Tencent going forward (via Epic Games -> Unreal Engine). Something like 6 of the top 10 rift/quest titles were Unity based, but the landscape is rapidly changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Refreshing multiple tabs the whole time waiting for those 60 day trial results. My most watched stock at the moment. Will find it hard not to throw another grand or two at it if it hits CHF 0.28.

Anyone know why there was a large sell-off today?

awhir wrote: »
    Anyone know why there was a large sell-off today?

Par for the course with this. There was an update of the clinical trial website where, for reasons prone to wildly contrasting interpretations, a few sites were crossed off (and Irvine changed with relation to the contact).

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/history/NCT04360096?A=6&B=7&C=merged#StudyPageTop

This did the rounds on a bunch of the private discords and telegram groups and the mob mentality decided to interpret it negatively for the moment. And then an opportunistic Stop-loss raid occurred just for giggles, but it recovered from 0.20 pretty quickly. Floating around -8.5% atm. I'm not particularly concerned; holding tight till we get definitive news about the 60 day results and/or NRX-100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Be aware however that you're effectively betting against Tencent going forward (via Epic Games -> Unreal Engine). Something like 6 of the top 10 rift/quest titles were Unity based, but the landscape is rapidly changing.

Not alone Tencent but a lot of the big software houses would not be using Unity as it adds significant overhead unlike something developed using openGL.
    This is significant as the gaming industry is very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Ocugen on a nice little march again... Things look alot greener today!

Definitely trying to get in on Coupang! Has good potential

• Advertisement

Small opening position on CPNG at 51.50
    Hope to average down next week when it calms down

Grab rumoured to be going public with AGC - up 22% in like 10 minutes based on the speculation. SPACs look like they're back in favour again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭jams100

Grab rumoured to be going public with AGC - up 22% in like 10 minutes based on the speculation. SPACs look like they're back in favour again :D

Pure gambling once again...

1. It's only a rumour
    2. Altimeter have 2 spacs (AGC) & (AGCB), both up over 15%, if the rumour is true only one of those spacs will merge with Grab.

Madness!

(I know nothing about Grab, so I'm not judging that company with what I've said above)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭supue

circadian wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on SPPI, hit confirmation on my 2 hour, 4 hour and day charts. Here's hoping it gets going quicker than Eros did. Still lingering around my buy price like a bad smell.

I picked these up on your recommendation, they then promptly retraced c15% over the past two weeks. I averaged down and they've jumped 15% today on news of the FDA granting a fast track application to one of their cancer treatments. I would have expected more as they're back to where they were two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riddles

Does anyone know what min balance you need on cash on interactivebroker and the charging model? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Some good news in the last few days for Kingspan.

https://seenews.com/news/romanias-teraplast-expects-to-close-sale-of-steel-cos-to-kingspan-on-feb-26-731254

The Grenfell investigation has really driven down their share price but stories like this remind us that they're still a solid company with a big future. I'll be picking up more shares for long term investment today.

Great shout there's been a few swings but its up almost 30% since you called this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

riddles wrote: »
    Does anyone know what min balance you need on cash on interactivebroker and the charging model? Thx

Carging model is same as Degiro for normal markets (ie the ones you get with Degiro. If you want the smaller and more obscure markets, it's tenner a month. Don't think there's any minimum

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Carging model is same as Degiro for normal markets (ie the ones you get with Degiro. If you want the smaller and more obscure markets, it's tenner a month. Don't think there's any minimum
    Is it not 10 euro minus commission per month regardless? (if less than 100k balance) Or 20 minus commission per month? (If less than 2k balance)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Hopefully everyone is well in green today! I entered two Companies earlier in week around $3.60. I was watching them for a while. Both have now broke 4 so I feel comfortable sharing them. PAVM and MREO. Both will be long terms holds for me. I have also been watching PDSB and it has taken off today. I’m hoping to start a position on this tomorrow if I can get it around 5. A market cap of 117 million. Will be another long term hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

enfa went up 20% on the buzz feed rumour and is now below NAV. I wouldn't say SPAC's are back in favour yet. I'd love SPAC's to work though, better than praying you might get lucky to get Roblox after it's already up 50%

Advertisement