Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 has been great

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The thing is you’re just assuming how they feel. Should everyone start their posts with a disclaimer if they’re even possibly going to be received as positive?

*Disclaimer I feel great empathy and sorrow for all those who’ve lost their lives, this post which may be humorous or positive in nature is by no means intended to offend, mock, make light of, or undermine the current global situation in any way. Please read posts with caution, some disproportionate outrage may occur.

Starting a thread called 2020 has been great shows lack of consideration from the outset..

Pure I’m allright jack mentality.

Nothing to do with disclaimers....in fact you will see the poster who says...we don HAVE to feel empathy ...and hopes for more lockdowns so they don’t have to engage with people when others are dying alone is poor.

It’s important to say positive, but saying 2020 has been great is a step to far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

anewme wrote: »
    Starting a thread called 2020 has been great shows lack of consideration from the outlet.

Pure I’m allright jack mentality.

Nothing to do with disclaimers....in fact you will see the poster who says...we don HAVE to feel empathy ...and hopes for more lockdowns so they don’t have to engage with people when others are dying alone is poor.

It’s important to say positive, but saying 2020 has been great is a step to far.

Ah but it's great for some.

GarIT wrote: »
    Great thing about COVID is you don't have to be creeped out by that weird person who hangs out in your social group and won't leave despite knowing they aren't wanted.

Maybe I am a little glad that people like that suffered.

What kind of person is glad that another person is suffering from Loneliness?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

boardise wrote: »
    I wonder does the dog feel the same ? :-)

Dog's thinkin:" this guy's spendin an inordinate amount of feckin time indoors ! He's always loafing about. Gets a bit Moody as well .. etc ..

Be nice have the place to meself now and then .. this honeymoon period's over, mate. Shape up in 2021 - get a job .. or else ..

Meanwhile, wheres me grub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Nah its been sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Alfred123 wrote: »
    Dog's thinkin:" this guy's spendin an inordinate amount of feckin time indoors ! He's always loafing about. Gets a bit Moody as well .. etc ..

Be nice have the place to meself now and then .. this honeymoon period's over, mate. Shape up in 2021 - get a job .. or else ..

Meanwhile, wheres me grub ?

What about the poor dogs that have got the raw deal. Apparently in Spain some guy was caught literally renting out his dog for walks (walking your pet was one of the exceptions for going outdoors) and people spotted the dog had been out like ten times in one day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Just shows you there are c*nts that are loving this- probably big fans of sociopathic nazi war criminals like Klaus Schwabb...

What kind of person is glad s that another person is suffering from Loneliness?

One that's sick of hearing their ****e and them trying to bring me down with them.

One that's sick of hearing their ****e and them trying to bring me down with them.

Wishing badness on someone else only reflects on yourself.

Grand.

• Advertisement

Just shows you there are c*nts that are loving this- probably big fans of sociopathic nazi war criminals like Klaus Schwabb...

Oh my god how did you know? Careful this guy has the inside track :D

So does thanking a post that calls people cúnts and Nazis because they dare to be happy.

They'll be controlling how we feel about our dogs next . You should feel this and not that about Shep etc -

Even the Ministress of Justice is bringing out some 'Hate law' thingy in 2021 (? .. ) .. more Control anyway

It all seems a bit muddly and confused .. but basically boils down to .. from 2021, it'll be illegal to hate even yourself ..

and if eg. If you spot yourself giving yourself dirty looks while shaving in front of mirror some morning - ..that right there is SELF HATE .. you shd fess up hand yourself into local Garda station ..

Once we can control the feelings, we got em ..

Antares35 wrote: »
    So does thanking a post that calls people cúnts because they dare to be happy.

Nothing to do with daring to be happy.

Mioreso happy at the expense of others and openly acknowledging that others misery makes them happy.

Reminded me earlier that during the wars one side must have been happy at others misery.

Didnt make it morally right though.

Nothing to do with daring to be happy.

Mioreso happy at the expense of others and openly acknowledging that others misery makes them happy.

Reminded me earlier that during the wars one side must have been happy at others misery.

Didnt make it morally right though.
    Do you accept that we can be sad for global human suffering while also manage to be happy in ourselves? Those positions are not mutually exclusive. If you can't, then covid aside, how do you get through the day? And I'm not being smart, but there is suffering everywhere. If you don't allow yourself to be happy just because others are suffering then when will you be happy?

And for the avoidance of doubt, I never said I was happy because people died from covid or lost their jobs etc. But I do hope that going forward, employers recognise that WFH can contribute to a better work life balance.

Great thing about COVID is you don't have to be creeped out by that weird person who hangs out in your social group and won't leave despite knowing they aren't wanted.

Jaysus :(

It's kinda funny that the OP has made three posts in the last year and nine months. Their last post would suggest they are busy playing GTA5.

Hopefully they'll check out their thread at some point and at least think to themselves "cripes."

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

I like 2020. It was kewl. I did a poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Don’t think we should blame it all on 2020. We’ve been going downhill for a good few years now.

Joe Duffy will be on €1000, 000 p.a bfore we see any real changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This is a weird thread.

Can people not accept that everyone is an individual, with a different personality, a different outlook on life and different life circumstances?

Of course this year had positives for some people while being overwhelmingly negative for others, but everyone should still be able to give their perspective.

On the whole it's been negative for me, but it's heartening to see that others have enjoyed it.

Every cloud and all that, live and let live and whatever other cliche you want to throw at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,760 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Alfred123 wrote: »
    Joe Duffy will be on €1000, 000 p.a bfore we see any real changes

Won't cost you anything extra unless the licence fee goes up. Last time that happened was a €2 increase 13 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Cilar wrote: »
    2020 has been great.

Well maybe, but only for those who live in a parallel universe where negativity, uncertainty & worry (about getting the virus) are ok :cool:

It's been a different year, that's for sure.

Do you accept that we can be sad for global human suffering while also manage to be happy in ourselves? Those positions are not mutually exclusive. If you can't, then covid aside, how do you get through the day? And I'm not being smart, but there is suffering everywhere. If you don't allow yourself to be happy just because others are suffering then when will you be happy?

And for the avoidance of doubt, I never said I was happy because people died from covid or lost their jobs etc. But I do hope that going forward, employers recognise that WFH can contribute to a better work life balance.

Im in agreement that you can be happy while acknowledging that you cant change the situation for others.

You have supported posters who have expressed happiness at others misery. Happiness should never be at someone else's suffering.

As regards WFH, it is a watershed. WLB- that remains to
    Bb seen though. Different problems.

That machine can be operational in your home 24 /7 .
    New Rules apply and you need to be rigid.

It's in everyone's interest to drive it forward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Eamon_

RLF71 wrote: »
    Might have been great for you. But not so much for ones who have lost loved ones to it or can only see them through a window during their last days. So continue going about your life with I'm alright Jack attitude.

Gotta love this holier than thou attitude.

Fact is everyone is out for themselves!

Back when Corona was a novelty, people were shamed for going for a walk on a massive beach!! That's because the shamers were happy to stay cooped up inside.

As summer went on though the selfishness grew more and more.

"Leave the gyms open, its important for my health"
    "let the pubs open, they've shown they are responsible"
    "let non essential shops open, you're not gonna get corona in them!"

People are selfish and will always only look out for themselves, don't try and fool people into thinking otherwise. People will only support things when it's not an inconvenience to themselves. Just like the "supporting local!"....people only supporting it because they benefit and feel good about themselves, but let's see them support them when money is running low, see how much they care about supporting them then!

Eamon_ wrote: »
    Fact is everyone is out for themselves!
    /QUOTE]

No, that's not a fact at all.

There is a bigger picture.

Im in agreement that you can be happy while acknowledging that you cant change the situation for others.

You have supported posters who have expressed happiness at others misery. Happiness should never be at someone else's suffering.

As regards WFH, it is a watershed. WLB- that remains to
    Bb seen though. Different problems.

That machine can be operational in your home 24 /7 .
    New Rules apply and you need to be rigid.

It's in everyone's interest to drive it forward.

I'll take my chances! Though I agree it has its downside. Sure doesn't everything.

I'll take my chances! Though I agree it has its downside. Sure doesn't everything.

For me it opens doors now I could have only hoped for in retirement, due to long hours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Callous and cold-heated, but at least now we all know where you stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Callous and cold-heated, but at least now we all know where you stand.

He's the same one that was on about his friends laughing at overweight exes and girlfriends. I wouldn't even expect anything less from him.

Advertisement