Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas/New Year 2020 TV Forum Selection Box Thread

Options

Comments

Come on over to the Tommy Tiernan thread! I'm lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great documentary about a classic computer game just started on Sky Documentaries. :)

I won’t say what the game is called, I’ll just leave this here... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

worst year ever for christmas telly??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

fryup wrote: »

Yes, they didn't even show back to the future or harry potter

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Yes, they didn't even show back to the future or harry potter

on second thoughts maybe it wasn't so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey is on ITV 4 now!

That means it starts in about half an hour on ITV4+1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Without question the worst year ever.

I think the mainstream channels have just given up and dont bother trying anymore.

When you advertise a programme about baz and a dolphin as one of the main draws at christmas......
    ....you know its going to be seriously sh*it

The old days of great christmas tv are long over....

Everyday is christmas now....same with food.

We have everything and value nothing.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Without question the worst year ever.

I think the mainstream channels have just given up and dont bother trying anymore.

When you advertise a programme about baz and a dolphin as one of the main draws at christmas......
    ....you know its going to be seriously sh*it

It's almost as if they know everyone will be staying in anyway.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Didn't even see it , BBC countdown was good which most seem to be watching with the fireworks and light display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

That programme "the way we were".. A great idea but do they really need all these talking heads ruining it imv? With all that lovely old footage couldn't they just let Creedon or Harding maybe narrate it and it could be a grand gentle reminising show on a cold January evening, but no they have to insert all these talking heads with their inane comments

Watching The Naked Gun, absolutely ridiculous film but a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That programme "the way we were".. A great idea but do they really need all these talking heads ruining it imv? With all that lovely old footage couldn't they just let Creedon or Harding maybe narrate it and it could be a grand gentle reminising show on a cold January evening, but no they have to insert all these talking heads with their inane comments

It’s basically reeling in the years with added commentary from the RTÉ canteen

It’s basically reeling in the years with added commentary from the RTÉ canteen

The made guys got their fee's and thats all that matters I suppose in the montrose soviet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭trashcan

It’s the type of thing Channel 4 etc do regularly in the UK. It has its place I suppose, but Prime Time on a Sunday evening ? Really RTE ? This is the best you’ve got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was going to watch it on catchup (The way we were). Is it like the Sky shows where they have a 'comedian' or celebrity of sorts talking about each topic between clips? - Edit - also channel 4 as mentioned above.

I'll give it a miss if it is.

30 year olds talking about what it was like in the 60's etc.?

Suckit wrote: »
    I was going to watch it on catchup (The way we were). Is it like the Sky shows where they have a 'comedian' or celebrity of sorts talking about each topic between clips? - Edit - also channel 4 as mentioned above.

I'll give it a miss if it is.

30 year olds talking about what it was like in the 60's etc.?

No I'd say watch it and give your opinion, don't let my ramblings sway you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

harry potter

Exclusive to Sky as was Love Actually .

Don't know what happened tp BTTF

but were they that great?? i think back in the day it was a case of having to make do with was offered to us as we only had 6 channels or in my case in the whest 2 channels....we were a lot more easily pleased back then

• Registered Users Posts: 28,334 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

but were they that great?? i think back in the day it was a case of having to make do with was offered to us as we only had 6 channels or in my case in the whest 2 channels....we were a lot more easily pleased back then

I think it is also a factor of the shift away from shows like Minder, Only Fools etc that lent themselves to once off episodes versus serialised shows & reality shows.

ITV used to make a bit more of an effort on the scripted front, even into the last 10 years there would be something like a Poirot tv movie, Downton Abbey or Victoria special

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

At least now we are 10 months away from lads on the internet complaining about Fairytale of New York being censored again.

At least now we are 10 months away from lads on the internet complaining about Fairytale of New York being censored again.

And from the people complaining wanting it censored too thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Big Fat Quiz Of Everything is on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm

It can be hit and miss but sure it's not like you'll be going anywhere

Rob Beckett, Roisin Conaty, Nish Kumar, Katherine Ryan, Oti Mabuse and Rob Brydon join Jimmy Carr as he poses questions on anything and everything, with subjects including Only Fools and Horses, Johnny Cash and US tourist attractions. As always, Jimmy is helped by newsreader Jon Snow, actor Charles Dance and the children from Mitchell Brook Primary School

That's not a bad line up maybe except for Nish

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's not a bad line up maybe except for Nish
    Did you miss Oti Mabuse?

Absolutely no place for her in a line up like that..

Basq wrote: »
    Did you miss Oti Mabuse?

Absolutely no place for a line up like that..

I've no idea who that is

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've no idea who that is
    A panel show of comedians.. it only makes sense to have a Strictly dancer on it also! :D

Basq wrote: »
    A panel show of comedians.. it only makes sense to have a Strictly dancer on it also! :D

Having Nish on the show doesn't look that bad after all

Did Jimmy get new hair?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Christmas finished yesterday, it's probably time to go back the old lockdown thread.

Advertisement