Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas/New Year 2020 TV Forum Selection Box Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Have RTE ever attempted a ‘HIGNFY’-type show?

They did, Shirley

Imagine if you will, Barry Murphy chairing a topical news quiz with Kevin Myers and Mario Rosenstock as hosts with one guest each on their team

You've just imagined RTE1's 2010 just one series never recommissioned Have I Got News For You? unwatchable clone 'That's All We Have Time For'

https://presspack.rte.ie/2010/01/21/thats-all-we-have-time-for/

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63861250

There was also a Dermot Morgan topical news quiz called 'Newshounds' which never made it to air

https://brandnewretro.ie/2014/05/22/dermot-morgan-in-dublin-1993-with-damian-corless-gig-memories-by-jake-walsh/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    They're a million times better than that Anakin bollicks

Okay, they are flawed but for the lightsaber battles alone they far better than watching Rey and Kylo just talking to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 28,922 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How are Harry and Marv still alive?
    Home Alone 2 currently on

• Registered Users Posts: 72,313 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How are Harry and Marv still alive?
    Home Alone 2 currently on

Donald Trump cameo! :eek:

Donald Trump cameo! :eek:

Supposedly Donald wouldn't let them shoot the film in the hotel unless he was in it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Watched that ZZ Top doc on Netflix, doesn't give an in-depth look at the band but it was fun nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Okay, they are flawed but for the lightsaber battles alone they far better than watching Rey and Kylo just talking to each other

You can say whatever you want, and I'll just say Jar Jar Binks, and that wins any discussion about crapness.

The Matrix is on TCM at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 85,712 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Black Narcissus is on BBC 1 on Sunday December 27th at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That Ms Browns Boys xmas special was ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,095 ✭✭✭✭walshb

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That Ms Browns Boys xmas special was ****e

No way, you can’t be serious?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

The RTE introducer should be censored,
    saying ‘till death us do part’ before the start of ‘A star is born’ what a spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,268 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did anyone catch Soul yesterday on Disney?

Might watch it tonight.

I enjoyed the SM:TV reunion show with Ant, Dec and Cat this morning

That was the last great Saturday Morning show

It is repeated tomorrow at 8pm on ITV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpY6KOInYVk

• Registered Users Posts: 15,967 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

patmac wrote: »
    The RTE introducer should be censored,

The intro for Home Alone 2 mentioned something about Macaulay Culkin "at the height of his career" in the movie, talk about damning with praise.

Big fat quiz of the year is on at 9pm with James Acaster,David Mitchell, Richard Ayoade, Joe Lycett, Maya Jama and Stacey Solomon which isn't a bad line up

‘Dumb And Dumber’ just starting on Comedy Central :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Just looked at the Young Offenders Christmas Special. It's basically just a load of the f word stringed out with whatever they can think of at lthe last minute to get funded by RTE. Mrs Browns Special was worse. DIdn't last 10 minutes.

Watching Fallen Kingdom and even after 25 years still nobody listens to Jeff Goldblum, you don't mess with nature especially make dinosaur hybrids

Matrix Reloaded on TCM now they are also showing Matrix Revolutions at 9pm tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Big fat quiz of the year is on at 9pm with James Acaster,David Mitchell, Richard Ayoade, Joe Lycett, Maya Jama and Stacey Solomon which isn't a bad line up

Decent lineup, but I find Acaster painfully unfunny and annoying

Our boy Kevin Zinedine Kilbane putting manners on the English heathens tonight

Edit - Apparently it was from 2017

https://twitter.com/nathanmurf/status/1342956555252195338

‘A Woman’s Heart’ night on RTE One from 9.30pm :)

‘The Story Of SM:TV Live’ on ITV at 8pm :D

“IT’S GOTTA RHYME!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wallace & Grommit on BBC here.

Love 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Saw The Busk. Could look at Lisa Hannigan all day but she has no voice at all. She acknowledged this on the programme about busking. But I've seen her before on stage on t.v. and she just can't get any sound going at all. Couldn't imagine paying a cent to listen to her. But what a beauty.

I thought Harry Potter would be on rte or itv but seen its on sky movies so assume sky doesn't let anyone show them. Feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I hadn't seen this before, he has Pat down to a T "but it's not a military toy, not properly camouflaged, leaving your Action Men exposed surely...".

I hope RTE rerun Savage Eye, doesn't appear to be on DVD or on the RTE Player...

‘Back To The 80’s’ on Channel 4 now, counting down their biggest programmes from that decade (Vic Reeves tomorrow night looking at the 90’s) :)

Don’t mention ‘Minipops’ :eek: :eek:

I loved ‘The Tube’ - so many big big names and performances, The Jam’s final TV appearance, Frankie Goes To Hollywood’s debut.

• Advertisement

Peter Auty forever, Aled Jones never!

Advertisement