Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas/New Year 2020 TV Forum Selection Box Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Miss Congeniality 2 on RTE 1, I guess showing Rambo II would have tipped the male action quota for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

That was one carcrash performance for the countdown with Mary Coughlan and Brian Kennedy. Rte are badly stuck for entertainment. Lord save us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Skid X wrote: »
    Graham Norton on BBC1 now, he has some well known people on but they are not talking about death or illness. Amateur!
    That's why he couldn't cut it in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

How is Jools Holland able to have all the guests in dancing and partying away? Covid no?

I've just seen the year over their heads is 2017 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Looked a stunner until she started singing..is this what Covid has reduced us to..??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

amlinopta wrote: »
    Was that definitely live? Not much reference to lockdown or recent COVID developments. No real talk about a countdown to New Year until 30 seconds before midnight. A lot of guests on for just a couple of minutes each. Not convinced that was a live show despite their claims.

Live or not it was ****ing horrendous. That was easily the worst NYE programme they've ever done.

UsBus wrote: »
    Looked a stunner until she started singing..is this what Covid has reduced us to..??

An Aldi Florence and the Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Really enjoyed BBC1, brilliant fireworks / drone display in London. RTÉ just can’t do the New Years show, they’d be better throwing the thousands it no doubt cost into a fireworks display. And KT will hound us for the next 6 weeks in the weight loss programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Icsics wrote: »
    Really enjoyed BBC1, brilliant fireworks / drone display in London. RTÉ just can’t do the New Years show, they’d be better throwing the thousands it no doubt cost into a fireworks display. And KT will hound us for the next 6 weeks in the weight loss programme!

I've been watching Jools and been loving it basically a best of run through.

How is Jools Holland able to have all the guests in dancing and partying away? Covid no?

I've just seen the year over their heads is 2017 :D

Took me awhile to cop it was a best of show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭dasdog

Took me awhile to cop it was a best of show.

It's recorded months in advance even in regular years.

dasdog wrote: »
    It's recorded months in advance even in regular years.

Ah I know but couldn't get over how stacked the roster was.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

amlinopta wrote: »
    Was that definitely live? Not much reference to lockdown or recent COVID developments. No real talk about a countdown to New Year until 30 seconds before midnight. A lot of guests on for just a couple of minutes each. Not convinced that was a live show despite their claims.

I mean, if they prerecorded that mess and had time to edit it then that makes it even more of a farce!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,313 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

RTE won’t be satisfied until they are able to actually broadcast from a hospital ward to capture people dying live on TV.

#StickToHootenanny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

glasso wrote: »
    Who is the one in the red dress?

Chic at Montreux Tg4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

delaad wrote: »
    Chic at Montreux Tg4 now.

I want an invitation to Sarah's forthieth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 paleoperson2

That was one carcrash performance for the countdown with Mary Coughlan and Brian Kennedy. Rte are badly stuck for entertainment. Lord save us.

It's as if there's a semi-intentional trend where every year they have a bit less of a countdown and the quality also gets a bit worse.

I can't understand it. It's a national holiday, it's the biggest secular holiday of the year. You'd think they'd have a trend of making a bigger deal of it, especially with covid stopping people from having parties. Did they even have a countdown? I switched to it thinking they were going to ring in the new year and could I have missed it? (I don't think they had it).

In the old days they would be watching the clock. They would have good guests and performances on. They would be saying oh look at the time, it's half eleven, we're nearly there. The whole point of New Year's Day is about the time, that's the reason we're there - so why not have a build up and someone singing Auld Lang Syne and cheers when the new year strikes? Too cool for that **** now? Bloody hell, is it too much to ask for they would spend one hour doing something right, the simplest thing possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

RTE won’t be satisfied until they are able to actually broadcast from a hospital ward to capture people dying live on TV.

#StickToHootenanny :)

HOOTENANNY!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Blazing saddles on the RTE2 now. That's what I call a movie.

Happy New Year amigos.

2020 was a bit crap, yes, but 2021 is gonna be amazing. Yes sir. And you can take that to the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,711 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Blazing saddles on the RTE2 now. That's what I call a movie.

Mel Brooks comedy genius, spoof king legend

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This BBC2 Glastonbury legends thing is also lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

This BBC2 Glastonbury legends thing is also lovely stuff.

Yeah watching that now. Tom Jones was fantastic as he was on jools tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,711 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stardust is on Channel 4 now, great cast, story and camp De Niro

Happy New Year, boardsies :D

The final part of the excellent documentary series ‘Celebrity: A 21st. Century Story’ on BBC Two tonight at 9pm, followed by Frankie Boyle’s 2020 New World Order. :)

Watched some University Challenge there.

A net of Christmas sprouts would have got as many right answers as I normally do if I watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Pretending I'm A Superman: The Tony Hawk Video Game Story is on Sky Documentaries at 11 tonight

‘The Tommy Tiernan Show’ tonight on RTE One at 9.30pm, followed by a second showing of ‘Callan Kicks The Year’.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Bit of a comedic eunuch that Callan lad imv.. Usual targets big bad twumpy and brexit, he won't touch any sacred cows, not in a month of sundays.. that boy knoes what side his bread is buttered, I'll be giving him a miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Get Carter on ITV4 at 9.35PM. One of my favourites.

Advertisement