Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

JPup wrote: »
    Hamez was only rested last night according to Ancelotti. Same as Coleman. Both likely to start against West Brom it seems.

Sorry! Obviously bad info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there a consensus on the best use of WC at this stage??

I'm planning on dead ending the team into GW 29 and using WC (swiftly followed by BB) after that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cartman78 wrote:
    Is there a consensus on the best use of WC at this stage??

Cartman78 wrote:
    I'm planning on dead ending the team into GW 29 and using WC (swiftly followed by BB) after that

I'm thinking GW31, the teams playing GW29 have good fixtures in GW30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I currently have 4 for the blank game week. My conundrum this week is whether to get in a third City player and attack there double or do I start building towards 29? I think I know the answer but part of me wants to go with the former and get in another City attacker!!

Original plan was to take to -4 this week and next to get in 4 additional players, then possibly 1 transfer on the actual week to have 9 starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What's stopping the possibility of Everton/Villa playing their outstanding game in GW29 - on say the Wednesday night 24th March?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ace2007 wrote:
    What's stopping the possibility of Everton/Villa playing their outstanding game in GW29 - on say the Wednesday night 24th March?

Thats an international window. Being tipped to be fixed for GW28 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Apart from the Everton villa fixture, is there many other outstanding fixtures not scheduled, or up in the air at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Apart from the Everton villa fixture, is there many other outstanding fixtures not scheduled, or up in the air at the moment?

Spurs v southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Spurs v southampton

Good to know as they’ve a fixture in GW29 too and decent enough fixtures for the run in.

Need to decide if going for 2 X -4 spread out over the next 2 weeks is the way to go or alternatively I will bank this week and just go with 3 transfers ahead of the blank. Doing 4 transfers with get me 9 players but I don't want to -8 the week of GW29

Looking at getting in Auba, Son and an other will leave me with:

Martinez

White - Coufal

Raphinha - Son - Auba -

-- Kane -- Bamford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

Need to decide if going for 2 X -4 spread out over the next 2 weeks is the way to go or alternatively I will bank this week and just go with 3 transfers ahead of the blank. Doing 4 transfers with get me 9 players but I don't want to -8 the week of GW29

Looking at getting in Auba, Son and an other will leave me with:

Martinez

White - Coufal

Raphinha - Son - Auba -

-- Kane -- Bamford

I brought in Auba, forgot about Europa league tonight, oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I have Holding who seems to have lost his spot. Wanted rid but it's probably best to hang on until after 29 as selling him before that seems risky.

I currently have 7 if I include him for GW29. -4 this week and next will get me to 11 but I think 9 or 10 playing will be more than enough to keep pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Interested to know posters use of chips and points total from GW18 till now.
    I have got 803 points over the last 10 gws. I wildcarded in gw 18 , bench boost in gw 19 and TC in gw 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

I have 2 transfers if I only make 1 does that mean I will have 2 again next week? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mairtmairt wrote: »
    I have 2 transfers if I only make 1 does that mean I will have 2 again next week? Thanks

Yep.

I have got 803 points over the last 10 gws. I wildcarded in gw 18 , bench boost in gw 19 and TC in gw 26.

835 points for last 10 GWS. A rise form 55,000 into the top 1000. Probably the best period I've ever had playing this game, so much gone my way. Extremely satisfying after a few years in the doldrums
    FH in 18
    BB in 19
    TC 26

Gone from 67k to 6k.

I Free Hit in GW18, used TC in GW19 and BBed in GW26.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

773 points. Free hit gw 18, wildcard gw 26. Took a -8 in gw19. Apart from that no hits. Still TC and BB left. Up from 912k to 155k.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

WC gw2 - did well on it if I remember gained me 40 points

TC gw19 - not so good 8*3 from KDB (had sterling as well the game where he took the pen and miss - KDB would have got assist plus bonus if he scored. Had no Stones/Dias/Gundogan so do not move up in OR much.

WC gw24 - it has gone really superbly well for me since the overall - treble Burnley defence did well and had Lowton

BB gw26 - did not go very well 20 points. 12 from which from Martinez - Leeds lads let me down. It was pointed out to me I would have played Martinez in a normal gw anyway and not Pope so it was really 10 points.

I got 602 points in the last 10 gws

1.5m OR - to 530k

Most of those 10 gameweeks were treading water until I WC'd gw24

You must be flying ya fecker 803 points!?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

What's people thoughts on Wildcarding this week rather than waiting til GW30 or 31 if planning on using the Free Hit chip in GW29?

I understand it's a bit of injury/covid roulette with the international break coming up but there's some favourable games this week that I feel it's just worth pulling the trigger on.

• Advertisement

BB gw26 - did not go very well 20 points. 12 from which from Martinez - Leeds lads let me down. It was pointed out to me I would have played Martinez in a normal gw anyway and not Pope so it was really 10 points.

A 20 point BB is good if not very good.

I feel people have way too high expectations for that chip when the average score for the chip is usually 14 to 18 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only have 758 with Free hit used in GW19 and BB used in GW26 - Free hit got me a solid 56 which was good in the gameweek and I got 26 points off my bench boost

but 758 still feels low considering I have had one 100+ score and 4 90+ scores over the last 10 weeks.

At least I still have my wildcard and my triple captain

Rank gain 418k up to 158k. Steady progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭CSF

763 points.

I’ve only used Treble Captain so far. It was a 5 point failure on Salah in the most recent DGW.

My figures would have looked a lot comparatively better before this week where I’ve had an absolute stinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

GW 18 FH - 55
    GW 19 BB - 129 (-4)
    GW 26 TC - 89

Left 57 points on the bench over GWKS 22/23. Making it 101 points on bench over last 7 rounds.

340k -> 35k

Pick the right bench, overall rank would be around 1k.

Suppose everyone got captain hindsight stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

When Are folks useing last of there chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

720 using FH in 18 & BB in 26
    Have went from 387k>352k so stagnated really, still top 4 in ML(1st has ran away over the last 10 gw, going from 617k>64k)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Missed lots of captains along the way. Took some hits to attack the DGWs that didn't pay off.

GW 18: TC wasted on Salah for 4x3

GW 26: WC2

Went up from 380k to 195k.

Chips Remaining:
    Free Hit and Bench Boost remaining don't know when I'll be using them.

I have enough to see me through GW29 with 2 Free transfers will take me up to 8 players, will probably take a -4 in GW29 to gamble on PEA or Bale, or go safe with Son.

Have felt like things have dragged on in the last 10 GWs and very surprised that my OR rank has nearly halved. It's not something I pay much attention to.

I've been threading water in mini-leagues and not hitting any major captain hauls especially in the DGWs has stopped me from catching a couple of rivals and pulling away from others in other leagues.

Summary:

Meh season, looking forward to it ending to be truthful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

redarmy wrote: »

Just the FH and TC left. Can't see any obvious alternative to a FH in 29 and TC on Harry whenever Spurs have their DGW coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭CSF

redarmy wrote: »
    There is a scenario where I could end up using mine 3 weeks in a row. FH 29, BB 30, WC 31.

BB and WC are not set in stone just yet and when the April fixtures are announced and the FA Cup has played out, I might decide there are better times for these than the scenarios I've already looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭Cartman78

771 for me.

Burned the FH in GW18 for a shocking 44 points.

Swiftly followed by setting fire to the TC chip in GW19 on Salah.

Still have the WC and BB ready to strike like lightly coiled doughnuts

Advertisement