Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

That discord app, I'm on that cosies pages....is it right that the last post in ps5-alerts is from 9.23am yesterday morning?
    Never used discord before and not sure how to refresh!

It will update automatically. I would also advise anyone still waiting to get a ps5 to follow and turn on notifications for this guy/girl on Twitter who helped me get one.

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Few bugs I’ve noticed. Sometimes the PS5 can go in to rest mode and not respond to wake up. Sometimes the controls on the dualsense won’t respond or lag whilst playing games like GTA V online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

And how is that a stock update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

And how is that a stock update?

And how is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

We could go on all night with this lads lol

Here's how it works.

Someone on eBay is reselling a Digital edition for a total of roughly €670 (incl. P&P) if anyone's lost the will to live wait any longer.

Also, what are the chances of Smyths having it in stock same time next Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

Here's how it works.

Someone on eBay is reselling a Digital edition for a total of roughly €670 (incl. P&P) if anyone's lost the will to live wait any longer.

Also, what are the chances of Smyths having it in stock same time next Saturday?

I could be wrong, but I think last week smyths had a very small few for sale midweek. They were cancelling anyone who ordered more than one console on the same card, so the doubles went up for sale at some point. Can't remember if I read that here or on twitter, but worth having a scroll back or check twitter to see if there's a day worth keeping an eye on Smyths.

Otherwise, next Saturday would be a good bet, since they had lots the last two Saturdays, around 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Here's how it works.

Why would even advertise a scalper selling a PS5 for 270e over RRP. You could easily buy one at anytime weeks ago if people were willing to pay almost 300 over the odds.

Don’t think Smyths will drop again for a few weeks after huge drops last 2 Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Nobody here knows. Stock updates only please.

I can't post a link, as this is a new account, but here's a quote from Smyths Twitter from an hour ago;
    As of now, we expect another restock of this console later this month.
    We're afraid we do not have a preorder or notification service available for the upcoming restock.
    Please keep an eye on the website for updates

So definitely keep an eye on them as they seem to be the most consistent with more stock.

hey all,
    just got an email from gamestop that i can get my pre order from the 15th of this month.
    i ordered online 17/09

keep an eye on the emails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

hey all,
    just got an email from gamestop that i can get my pre order from the 15th of this month.
    i ordered online 17/09

keep an eye on the emails

Got my mail today too, ordered on 17/09.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Lovely. More gamestop emails and questions of what day/time/hour/minute/second did you order at. Literally the ps5 equivalent U ok hun xxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ninjapharaoh

For the folks that managed to snag a Ps5 from smyths on saturday. Any idea when we should be expecting an email to confirm? I got the preorder confirmation email but worried for some reason that I might not get one :(

For the folks that managed to snag a Ps5 from smyths on saturday. Any idea when we should be expecting an email to confirm? I got the preorder confirmation email but worried for some reason that I might not get one :(

There's a separate thread to discuss this, named "The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread". Someone there mentioned that Smyths have said anytime between the 9th -15th of Feb, so no need to worry yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Folks if you have a confirmed order please discuss the details here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058119473

And for everyone else please don’t drag the thread off topic further by complaining about it being dragged off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Back to this thread as amazon refunded my account as they carriers lost / stole my PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

Back to this thread as amazon refunded my account as they carriers lost / stole my PS5

I think I replied to you last week saying the same had happened to me?

Just checked my an post tracking number and it says my package is out for delivery.

Amazon had refunded me btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    I think I replied to you last week saying the same had happened to me?

Just checked my an post tracking number and it says my package is out for delivery.

Amazon had refunded me btw

I didn't get An Post tracking number - Just a standard GA tracking number. I purchased mine on Amazon.Co.UK

What is the killer here is that the refund is back onto vouchers so I am literally back to square one !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What is the killer here is that the refund is back onto vouchers so I am literally back to square one !

Demand your refund onto your card. They can't tie you to vouchers as it's not your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Smyths pre-order from last Saturday ready to be collected by DPD this morning for anyone here who got one. Guessing we'll have it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Apparently Currys blanch had PS5's about 40 minutes ago, you had to go in and have your name taken down to reserve one.

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1359457120207441921

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

lemonkey wrote: »
    Smyths pre-order from last Saturday ready to be collected by DPD this morning for anyone here who got one. Guessing we'll have it tomorrow.

Interesting , my DPD is still stuck on the first notification “
    Order data received from sender“. No sign of delivery date or time but I am based in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Order data received from sender“. No sign of delivery date or time but I am based in cork

Same as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Same as myself

Just some info from my delivery last week that may or may not be helpful. It took about 24 hours from DPD receiving my details. My order was actually at the invalid stage for a lot longer than most so I got mine on Wednesday whereas most got there’s on Tuesday

Order data received from sender
    Head Office
    02/2/2021 at 13:03

Delivered Consignee
    Dpd Galway
    03/2/2021 at 13:44

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Curry’s in Cork taking names. Tried ringing but it’s some number which makes it impossible to get through to a person. Not going to the store as probably too many people.

Pretty irresponsible of Curry’s tbh getting people to go instore

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

bot43 wrote: »
    Curry’s in Cork taking names. Tried ringing but it’s done number which makes it impossible to get through. Not going to the store as probably too many people.

Pretty irresponsible of Curry’s tbh getting people to go instore

Looks like they are dropping in all currys today but in store only - saw a video online of the queue at currys in liffey valley and it was mental!!!

My brother in law is gone to see. Told him to put my name down too if he can. I doubt that’s feasible but worth an ask regardless.

Aaaaaaand they are gone. Queue of 30 odd people apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just back from curryd mahon. Missed out by about 20 seconds guy in car next to me got last spot. There was a queue of at least 30 people with new people arriving every ten seconds to be turned away. Crazy they are getting away with doing it this way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just back from curryd mahon. Missed out by about 20 seconds guy in car next to me got last spot. There was a queue of at least 30 people with new people arriving every ten seconds to be turned away. Crazy they are getting away with doing it this way

What time does Jervis close at I wonder!?

Advertisement