Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Sarn wrote: »
    They allow you to update your card details later as they don't take the money until it dispatched.

For the people who got the pre order last sat when did the money come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DrShera

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Got a notification from one of the apps recommended in this thread. Got to the usual server down screen but once I refreshed it was plain sailing. After order was complete I checked again after about 10 mins and the option was there again to pre-order. They must have a good few. I didn't try order another one in case it blocked someone else. Finally the quest it over.

What apps are people using for notifications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Neeson_01

DrShera wrote: »

Ps5 Stock+ Alerts. Costs 3 quid but it works.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Follow on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland/status/1358007656712142849?s=21

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sottol wrote: »
    For the people who got the pre order last sat when did the money come out?

On Tuesday according to my online banking. Ordered Saturday morning, got an email Monday saying it was being shipped, money taken and PS5 delivered Tuesday. Couldn’t ask for better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

5uspect wrote: »
    On Tuesday according to my online banking. Ordered Saturday morning, got an email Monday saying it was being shipped, money taken and PS5 delivered Tuesday. Couldn’t ask for better.

Thanks, do you know which courier company they use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

It was hotstock alert that notified me. Didn't pay anything for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

The twitter account seems to be on the ball, however they are getting the updates?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

I think the supply is starting to pick up. Went from not even a sniff of one for months to securing 3 within the last 7 days...last Saturday in Smyths, which I gave to a friend as I managed to pick one up in Currys Carlow the next day, and then again this morning on Smyths which I ordered for my friend in Galway who unlike me is childless and was enjoying a Saturday lie in! Hopefully everyone gets sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

psychozeb wrote: »
    If like last week I had mine tuesday morning

What did the per-order confirmation order from Smyths last week say - just want to see if its the same this week?

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Missed it again.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fillum

Lisha wrote: »
    Missed it again.... :(

Same. This is so frustrating 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I think the supply is starting to pick up. Went from not even a sniff of one for months to securing 3 within the last 7 days...last Saturday in Smyths, which I gave to a friend as I managed to pick one up in Currys Carlow the next day, and then again this morning on Smyths which I ordered for my friend in Galway who unlike me is childless and was enjoying a Saturday lie in! Hopefully everyone gets sorted soon.

Fair play! Be warned, there are some begrudging so and so's here who'll be annoyed that you dared to assist someone else with getting hold of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

fillum wrote: »
    Same. This is so frustrating ��
    Yup and yet people are scoring multiple. We must we doing something seriously wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yup and yet people are scoring multiple. We must we doing something seriously wrong

In my case it’s sleeping in on a Saturday....

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

ghawks wrote: »
    Reckon there was about 250 consoles sold today from Smyths, based on a twitter pole of how many people ordered one this morning!

I missed out on the disk version but got the digital.. I don't want a digital though, if anyone is looking to swap a disk let me know.

I preordered a digital at first because it was the page I opened first without checking if the disk were available and then went in and preordered a disk and cancelled the digital. Going off the preorder confirmation codes, 22 PS5s were sold in the 2 minutes it took me to preorder the disk version from when I ordered the digital

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    I preordered a digital at first because it was the page I opened first without checking if the disk were available and then went in and preordered a disk and cancelled the digital. Going off the preorder confirmation codes, 22 PS5s were sold in the 2 minutes it took me to preorder the disk version from when I ordered the digital

Looking at the twitter poll results 600 people are saying they got consols on Smyths this morning. Assuming that is not nearly all those who managed to preorder we could be looking at Smyths having sold over 1000 PS5s this morning. That's a lot. I was one of those but it was well after 9am and they had been on sale for almost an hour at that point. Now I'm concerned Smyths have pulled a stunt and decided to corner the market by selling preorders for stock that they hope to get over the next few months.

I'm going to continue the search until I have confirmation that they have sent me a PS5. If I get one before Smyths send me one then I'll cancel the Smyths preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

CWF wrote: »
    Getting laid is better than any console

In a Time/benefit ratio the PS5 wins hands down! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

touts wrote: »
    Looking at the twitter poll results 600 people are saying they got consols on Smyths this morning. Assuming that is not nearly all those who managed to preorder we could be looking at Smyths having sold over 1000 PS5s this morning. That's a lot. I was one of those but it was well after 9am and they had been on sale for almost an hour at that point. Now I'm concerned Smyths have pulled a stunt and decided to corner the market by selling preorders for stock that they hope to get over the next few months.

I'm going to continue the search until I have confirmation that they have sent me a PS5. If I get one before Smyths send me one then I'll cancel the Smyths preorder.

It’s been mentioned many times already on this thread that every single symths drop have been done in a pre order fashion. You will have the PS5 by mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I was the same, I had perfect chance on inital launch night but was too lazy to walk to get credit card. I stupidly didnt think there would be this messing. I then missed out all the subsequent Smyths and HN releases up until today. I was on last night sporadically but gave up first thing this morning, if it wasn't for the notification from the app I would have missed it too. The amount today is a good sign. Bots and gougers must be easing off also. Fingers crossed for next batch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

bdmc5 wrote: »
    It’s been mentioned many times already on this thread that every single symths drop have been done in a pre order fashion. You will have the PS5 by mid week.

I suppose I should consider myself suitably scolded for not reading all 147 pages before commenting but if you don't mind I'll hedge my bets and hope you're right but keep looking in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Sarn

I suppose I should consider myself suitably scolded for not reading all 147 pages before commenting but if you don't mind I'll hedge my bets and hope you're right but keep looking in the meantime.

Last Saturday the preorders were up for 40 minutes before running out. They must have sold hundreds and pretty much everyone got sorted. There were very few mentions of cancellations (possibly due to double orders, or near when they ran out). Everyone appears to have got them earlier this week, either by DPD or UPS. To date Smyths have been very reliable. No dodgy orders like HN, LW or GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Fair play! Be warned, there are some begrudging so and so's here who'll be annoyed that you dared to assist someone else with getting hold of one.

I know, you’d swear I was making a profit off it the way some people would go on, I’ve no problem with people ordering ones for friends and family, we came always be online 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Recommend people pass on the digital console. I’ve FTTH 1Gb so you’d presume I’d have went digital, but I went with the disc version last week because 1. I have PS4 games I want to keep. 2. You can trade/sell your games, 3. You can buy preowned PS4 games cheaper in GameStop, Cex etc than the PlayStation store that can be returned.

Be sure to temporarily turn off 4K/HDR when playing PS4 games otherwise it’ll be blurry and strain your eyes!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sottol wrote: »
    Thanks, do you know which courier company they use?

Sorry, only saw this now. Mine came with DPD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Why go back 147 pages when reading the last 2 pages would have been enough. As few others have said now Symths probably the reliable of all so no need to waste your time looking for another as you’ll have your PS5 probably a days/weeks before the next likely drops.

Amazon rumoured next again next week but that always goes very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Recommend people pass on the digital console. I’ve FTTH 1Gb so you’d presume I’d have went digital, but I went with the disc version last week because 1. I have PS4 games I want to keep. 2. You can trade/sell your games, 3. You can buy preowned PS4 games cheaper in GameStop, Cex etc than the PlayStation store that can be returned.

Be sure to temporarily turn off 4K/HDR when playing PS4 games otherwise it’ll be blurry and strain your eyes!

Some people don't buy discs. We've a PS4 and only about 2 physical games for it. Rest were all got online. Some people also don't use Cex, our local one is crap the games cost almost as much new and we've had damaged discs in the past. Now we don't bother with them. Travelling 30 mins to get there, 30 mins home to find the game was damaged and another hour lost returning it. Waste of time and money

Getting the digital one, for us, was a no brainer and delighted to save the 100 on a disc drive we don't use anyway. PlayStation Now suits our needs perfectly

Might not suit everyone tho!

Best of luck to everyone else hoping all goes well with the Smyth's pre order

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I used a free discord server https://discord.gg/xhtmQMNb to get a notification about an alert. I'd mute everything bar the PS5 stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

MarkR wrote: »
    I used a free discord server https://discord.gg/xhtmQMNb to get a notification about an alert. I'd mute everything bar the PS5 stuff on it.

This is exactly what I did. Signed up and muted all other alerts. Dont think it worked for Smyths as far as their bot goes cos it only alarms when stock is listed normally as opposed to pre order but someone will usually manually update. Secured a PS5 within a week of signing up to the channel and hoping to have it delivered tomorrow. Would recommend anyone else on here sign up. Fair play to the lad that set it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

skerry wrote: »
    This is exactly what I did. Signed up and muted all other alerts. Dont think it worked for Smyths as far as their bot goes cos it only alarms when stock is listed normally as opposed to pre order but someone will usually manually update. Secured a PS5 within a week of signing up to the channel and hoping to have it delivered tomorrow. Would recommend anyone else on here sign up. Fair play to the lad that set it up

That discord app, I'm on that cosies pages....is it right that the last post in ps5-alerts is from 9.23am yesterday morning?
    Never used discord before and not sure how to refresh!

Advertisement