Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Very true but like many people, had issues with F8 and F9 Keys, I did email about it and basically told me the onus was on me to make sure they were working.
    Thing is you can't check to see if the keys are working until your logged in.
    I think they should have picked a alternative to the company they were using.
    Just my opinion.

I pressed F9 in practise screen and it brought on my screensaver. Nearly had a heart attack. Poster above provided the solution 'Fn' key pressed down with f8 or f9 worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭luke in cork

Vologda69 wrote: »

I pressed F9 in practise screen and it brought on my screensaver. Nearly had a heart attack. Poster above provided the solution 'Fn' key pressed down with f8 or f9 worked perfectly.

Same happened to me and I had to log in my password again by I lost valuable seconds.
    I'm just hoping whoever got 4 or 5 or more get through.

Same happened to me and I had to log in my password again by I lost valuable seconds.
    I'm just hoping whoever got 4 or 5 or more get through.

I did my best, heart rate was at 90. Test should really have been longer to try and gauge accuracy etc. If the job is that fast paced, might be a lucky escape.

I did my best, heart rate was at 90. Test should really have been longer to try and gauge accuracy etc. If the job is that fast paced, might be a lucky escape.

Ya I agree, I think 7 mins is ridiculously short. Even if they made it 10 mins, that would have been fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Ya I agree, I think 7 mins is ridiculously short. Even if they made it 10 mins, that would have been fair.

For me I only got 5 full pages done, was down as far as phone number on 6th when time ran out.. but I don't believe I had the full 7 minutes because I don't feel I spend near 2 minutes on first one 🀷*♂️. It was tough... if that is what it's been based on it's silly to me..just have to have fingers crossed for this one. Not feeling very confident at all. They need to speed up who ever is spelling it out...waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

It's very hard to gauge how we've done from reading the replies! It really is just a waiting game now. I'm not awfully confident but I can't see how I could have done better. Anyone else going for Castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CoadyC86

Just did it now.

The test is no way reflective of real life and the time limit they gave was ridiculous!

Why was the spelling so slow coming back? Madness.

Ah well just a waiting game now. Best of luck everyone

CoadyC86 wrote: »
    Just did it now.

The test is no way reflective of real life and the time limit they gave was ridiculous!

Why was the spelling so slow coming back? Madness.

Ah well just a waiting game now. Best of luck everyone
    I completely agree. The more people complain about this test 2 the more they will see we are all saying the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Just finished. Managed to scrape 8. Got bit messy towards the end. Never but spaces between postcodes. Also put full stop after Mr, Ms, anyone else do this? Some of the names were hard to spell and the voices took ages to spell them out, which is ridiculous. I guess it’s just a waiting game now. Best of luck everyone!

Jamie13 wrote: »
    Just finished. Managed to scrape 8. Got bit messy towards the end. Never but spaces between postcodes. Also put full stop after Mr, Ms, anyone else do this? Some of the names were hard to spell and the voices took ages to spell them out, which is ridiculous. I guess it’s just a waiting game now. Best of luck everyone!
    Well done Jamie, I got only 5 or 6.i did put space with the postcodes. Ya some names were difficult and 7 minutes is a bit ridiculous. They will also judge us on stage 1 and combine test 1 and test 2 and probably go by the supplement application we filled in on our forms.

• Advertisement

Each mistake will probably carry some penalty. No full stop after Mr, Mrs. I spelled it out in the practice, as I did with postcode and telephone numbers to see where they wanted spaces etc.

Each mistake will probably carry some penalty. No full stop after Mr, Mrs. I spelled it out in the practice, as I did with postcode and telephone numbers to see where they wanted spaces etc.

I think with regards test 2,if they give us a test similar to the one they gave but change the format for example Name of caller, incident, contact number, etc etc it feel more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Any idea when well hear back? I know booklet says end of march interviews, so maybe mid march we will get results?

Jamie13 wrote: »
    Any idea when well hear back? I know booklet says end of march interviews, so maybe mid march we will get results?

Hopefully sooner, the suspense is killing me, watching my emails every day.

With test 1,they said we get results by mid Feb but I got them by the end of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shari77

What locations are people applying for ?

Shari77 wrote: »

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Cork

Luke in Cork applied for Cork
    Why I am not surprised :D

Best of luck everyone We might end up working together lol I applied for Galway

Itainire wrote: »
    Luke in Cork applied for Cork
    Why I am not surprised :D

Best of luck everyone We might end up working together lol I applied for Galway

I'm originally from Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

Castlebar ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kazzie07

Waterford

I clicked in to do the training but when it was completed it was the full test I had done...

Neither F8 nor F9 worked. I was half way through the mobile number on the 9th page when time elapsed. F9 not working and locking me computer cost me the last few numbers.

Happy enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

F8 F9 didn't work for me either so I didn't get anything spelled out... but I just used the tab or shift/tab to go between the boxes which was fine. English accent and postcodes threw me a bit. Probably would've been easier with Gabriel Byrne doing the voices :)

Dublin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Yeah I really feel the person spelling could if been made a bit quicker.
    I forgot to think about spaces for the eircode or fullstop after Mr and Mrs.
    I'm not feeling too confident to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shari77

Cork here and like a few of ye the f8 and f9 didn't work for me , forgot about spaces between post codes , and ye the accent threw me off a bit too , 5 pages and my time was up , fingers crossed

Cork here and like a few of ye the f8 and f9 didn't work for me , forgot about spaces between post codes , and ye the accent threw me off a bit too , 5 pages and my time was up , fingers crossed

Every one should email civil service about concerns, I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Every one should email civil service about concerns, I did.

Or should have tried to use F8 and F9 in the practice page :)

Itainire wrote: »
    Or should have tried to use F8 and F9 in the practice page :)

What, go into the practice page and come out having done the full test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SueEllen80

That was an absolute disgrace of a test. UK based not Irish. Spaces between Postcodes and full stops after Mr and Mrs? I have friends who have worked as Guards in the call centre and the test was no where near reflective of what is expected. The Public Service is a huge government section and this is the best they could afford to devise up? I'm still baffled at the UK theme and names used.

Advertisement