Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭luke in cork

Got mine and I'm through also. We'll done to everyone who passed.
    So to hear some didn't pass but keep trying when it comes up again.
    On a high today getting after getting a to Im pleased to inform you email.
    That's good enough for me.
    I don't understand how they work the numbers though. Some people have 100,500 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Top 10 for Castlebar. Wonder how many they are taking on?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

I'm towards the end of 100's

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭JKerova1

There's probably only a handful of positions in each location so not much hope for most of us.

I thought your order of merit was based on your stage 1 performance as well as stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

I'm a low number for Castlebar but not sure how many would have applied for there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I thought it was a national oom?

Ah fellow Castlebar!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

134 here. So is the OOM based on the specific location that you applied for or is that a nationwide number?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jo.Gil

I'm 499 I suppose that means I wont get a interview?

Jo.Gil wrote: »
    I'm 499 I suppose that means I wont get a interview?

I wouldn't say that, you passed and that's the main thing, your going to get people who will drop out who decide to go for something else, or unfortunately they may not pass interview, whole host of reasons.
    You may have a person who we say for example get a number 500 or 600 but they may have relevant experience or had previous experience in emergency services.
    Just have to think positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Barmanhu

In the 500's here, the attrition rate at interview must be high, do ye think? I know from my own experience of job interviews,people who might on paper have been brilliant but just couldn't articulate that into words or experiences!

Barmanhu wrote: »
    In the 500's here, the attrition rate at interview must be high, do ye think? I know from my own experience of job interviews,people who might on paper have been brilliant but just couldn't articulate that into words or experiences!

Thats very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Castlebar is incident creation not Emergency calls so I'm presuming the OOM is by location. Just got invite to interview, so delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mchughmaria3

Castlebar is incident creation not Emergency calls so I'm presuming the OOM is by location. Just got invite to interview, so delighted.

So what oom were you

Just booked my interview...great start to the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

Damn. I did pretty well in both stages and I’m at 134 so there must have been a tonne of applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kazzie07

Passed stage 2 well done to everyone who made it thru. For anyone who didn’t make it thru dont take it to heart there will be plenty of other opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Passed for Dublin. 643 though.. congrats everyone

Jamie13 wrote: »
    Passed for Dublin. 643 though.. congrats everyone

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beans06

Got thru but was placed towards the end of 200s guess I won’t hear from them for a while
    Well done everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nowhere on my email does it mention Galway so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm of the oom number is local or national?.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Nowhere on my email does it mention Galway so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm of the oom number is local or national?.

I reckon its national.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

OH through with an oom in the top 5 for emergency call takers.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Jaysis the standard must have been fierce high. I was placed in the low 100s for my area and I absolutely flew through the assessments. I finished with minutes to spare in every stage. Well done to everyone who got an interview, ye must be top notch! Cork heads can rest assured they'll be in capable hands when calling the guards (at that stage of the process anyway).

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    Jaysis the standard must have been fierce high. I was placed in the low 100s for my area and I absolutely flew through the assessments. I finished with minutes to spare in every stage. Well done to everyone who got an interview, ye must be top notch! Cork heads can rest assured they'll be in capable hands when calling the guards (at that stage of the process anyway).

Anyone who got 500 or 600 etc might be waiting a while for a interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Shari77 wrote: »
    Results are in , unfortunately i didnt make it, good luck everyone

I didn't get through either! not to worry! There will be other opportunities. For instance, NAS do recruit for emergency call takers also each year. :) I know somewhere you can get practice material if you are interested, I can DM you!

job seeker wrote: »
    I didn't get through either! not to worry! There will be other opportunities. For instance, NAS do recruit for emergency call takers also each year. :) I know somewhere you can get practice material if you are interested, I can DM you!
    Sorry you didn't make it but I have learned if you really want something, think positive and keep going. I know it's a kick when you get the message saying you were unsuccessful but keep going and keep applying.
    Wish you the best for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Sorry you didn't make it but I have learned if you really want something, think positive and keep going. I know it's a kick when you get the message saying you were unsuccessful but keep going and keep applying.
    Wish you the best for the future.

Cheers man! That means a lot! :) It's all good though, I'm applying for a lot of public sector jobs. So I'll see what happens! Best of luck to you also with the remainder of the campaign and future!

Cheers man! That means a lot! :) It's all good though, I'm applying for a lot of public sector jobs. So I'll see what happens! Best of luck to you also with the remainder of the campaign and future!

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Advertisement