Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I was on the 4th when time ran out.

If I pass it I will be happy. I'm gonna keep breathing though..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kazzie07

Well done everyone so far who completed it. Even if you think you have done badly, you never know it could turn out alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SueEllen80

Hi. New to this... Do you mind me asking what the format was? I see people commenting about 32 pages.. is it like someone placing a call and you have to take down the details? Thanks 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

SueEllen80 wrote: »
    Hi. New to this... Do you mind me asking what the format was? I see people commenting about 32 pages.. is it like someone placing a call and you have to take down the details? Thanks 💛

It's all explained in the booklet and you can also practice before the actual test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SueEllen80

Itainire wrote: »
    It's all explained in the booklet and you can also practice before the actual test :)

Thanks.. I read the booklet. It's the 32 pages bit that is throwing me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

SueEllen80 wrote: »
    Thanks.. I read the booklet. It's the 32 pages bit that is throwing me!!

Don't concern yourself with the 32.

That is the total amount of calls/ scenarios available in the test.

You won't get them all done or anything close to it so don't be thinking you have too going into it.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shari77

Does anyone know how to get their OOM ? Or is that not available until level 2 results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Account2021

Shari77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get their OOM ? Or is that not available until level 2 results ?

We will get an OOM based on the combined results of stage 1 and 2 according to the Stage 2 Familiarisation booklet. Obviously would need to pass Stage 2 to receive one.

They seem to be sticking to the original timescale in the initial information booklet which is planning on having interviews end of March or invites by then maybe. (doesn't specify)

So I am hopeful we will receive these results beginning or middle of March at latest based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shari77

Thank you , I knew I had read about the oom but couldn't remember what familiarisation stage . Good luck to all who applied , now back to waiting for an e mail .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 April Swanson

Just did it there. Relieved that some of you said you only got 6 or 7. For some reason F9 would not work for me when I was trying to get the spelling of some words! So I was guessing for a few.

I've emailed PublicJobs but from reading the thread it looks like it didn't effect anyone else. That slowed me down. :( I'm amazed they don't have an Irish version, at least locations would have been easier to catch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Karfopy

Just did it there. Relieved that some of you said you only got 6 or 7. For some reason F9 would not work for me when I was trying to get the spelling of some words! So I was guessing for a few.

I've emailed PublicJobs but from reading the thread it looks like it didn't effect anyone else. That slowed me down. :( I'm amazed they don't have an Irish version, at least locations would have been easier to catch.

The F8/F9 didn't work for me either. I just did my best to guess. I'm sure you did fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

Just did mine aswell can't remember what number page it was but 7 maximum. Felt I was just getting the hang of it when time was up!! Long dreaded wait now ��

I had the exact same issue with f8/f9. I completed the test this morning. At least it is over us now until the results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

I had to press the Fn key while pressing F8/F9, just in case your computers might be laid out that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Secretlab

In the stage two of the booklet they say the onus is on the applicant to make sure these keys work, mine worked but I didn't know how to check them beforehand. But you definitely got like two or three pages more done than I did and I used the f9 a lot so you could be going through whereas I mightnt.

Ugh it's such a guessing game!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I didn't use f9 too much wondering now if I should have.. :o Just going to try put it out of my mind now since its done, easier said than done of course!. Best of luck to you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 April Swanson

Hey guys, just an update. I contacted Public Jobs about the F8&F9 key not working and they issued me with a retest.
    Only got 5 this time because your man was taking so long to spell out names!
    Think your probably better off guessing if you want to progress through them faster haha!
    Also for me I have to hold down fn as someone else suggested for F8 & F9 to work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭luke in cork

Hi all, I too had issues with the F8 AND F9 key so after the 2 attempts trying to use it I stopped using those keys as messing with them was only eating my time away. In the end I got 5 or 6 done.
    I think them putting 32 or 33 blank sheets was a trick to mess with our heads as there is no way anyone would get that much done in 7 minutes.
    Hasmany here applied for cork. No idea how many there taking on for cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Hi all, I too had issues with the F8 AND F9 key so after the 2 attempts trying to use it I stopped using those keys as messing with them was only eating my time away. In the end I got 5 or 6 done.
    I think them putting 32 or 33 blank sheets was a trick to mess with our heads as there is no way anyone would get that much done in 7 minutes.

I applied for Galway.

I do sort of agree with that and I also think they put many pages to give us the option to skip some (and waste time skipping difficult ones) and probably also to discourage people from telling others what they got.

I don't know how many pages I got done.. probably 5 or less hah :( I don't have much hope left tbh! Unless I did very well in stage 1

Itainire wrote: »
    I applied for Galway.

I do sort of agree with that and I also think they put many pages to give us the option to skip some (and waste time skipping difficult ones) and probably also to discourage people from telling others what they got.

I don't know how many pages I got done.. probably 5 or less hah :( I don't have much hope left tbh! Unless I did very well in stage 1

Ya I know what you mean. Its seems alot people here are average around 4 or 5 so yes if any one did well in stage 1 we should be OK.
    It's the waiting on the result is soul destroying.
    So it will be either I am pleased or I regret notification.
    Lets hope we all do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Applied for Cork also.

Applied for Cork here also.

Best of luck with it. You never know we may end up station together fingers crossed. Don't know how many there taking for cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Just completed it, I must it admit it was fairly hard. Got 8 pages done. Good luck to all!

mrmanor wrote: »
    Just completed it, I must it admit it was fairly hard. Got 8 pages done. Good luck to all!

Well fair play for getting 8 done. I only got 6. We would love to know how they mark people for example to get to nxt stage. They tell you very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Secretlab

That's great that they did that. So fecking slow with the spelling :(
    Hey guys, just an update. I contacted Public Jobs about the F8&F9 key not working and they issued me with a retest.
    Only got 5 this time because your man was taking so long to spell out names!
    Think your probably better off guessing if you want to progress through them faster haha!
    Also for me I have to hold down fn as someone else suggested for F8 & F9 to work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flaco19

5/6 pages done, applied for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beans06

Just completed mine got as far as question 7. F8 key did work for me but F9 didn't :(
    Find it hard and can't see myself passing onto the next stage. Best of luck to ye all

Beans06 wrote: »
    Just completed mine got as far as question 7. F8 key did work for me but F9 didn't :(
    Find it hard and can't see myself passing onto the next stage. Best of luck to ye all

You did well, you never know. Keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Things like the emails had to be spelled out. Steven instead of Stephen etc. Post code has a space in the middle. All ate up time. I just got started on question 5

• Advertisement

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Things like the emails had to be spelled out. Steven instead of Stephen etc. Post code has a space in the middle. All ate up time. I just got started on question 5

Very true but like many people, had issues with F8 and F9 Keys, I did email about it and basically told me the onus was on me to make sure they were working.
    Thing is you can't check to see if the keys are working until your logged in.
    I think they should have picked a alternative to the company they were using.
    Just my opinion.

Advertisement