Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

sheepgobaa wrote: »
    What further information are people looking for? The recruitment process can be long, trust me! 😂 They provide you with information you require as you move along! You get information and details regarding the interview etc as you get called! As someone mentioned , they call for interview as positions arise! :) You get sufficient notice, and it might be a long wait! I'll try answer anything anyone is wondering about

Thank you!! I was wondering.. Once all positions get filled, will they let know people that did passed but are down the bottom of the list?

I am in the 500s I don't think I will ever get that call, this year at least, and I would like to know when I literally don't have any possibility left.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sheepgobaa

The way it works in civil service is a panel is formed, that panel stays active for 2 years! The panel is for recruitment in that area for the 2 years, if that makes sense! If it is a national OOM, then it would probably be dependant on your area! I wouldn't stress too much about your OOM, I know people with tusla who were 300+ on panel and assigned quickly! What have you as you're first preference?

You will only be called for interview etc if and when they reach your number , or your oom for area! They won't update you otherwise

The way it works in civil service is a panel is formed, that panel stays active for 2 years! The panel is for recruitment in that area for the 2 years, if that makes sense! If it is a national OOM, then it would probably be dependant on your area! I wouldn't stress too much about your OOM, I know people with tusla who were 300+ on panel and assigned quickly! What have you as you're first preference?

Thank you so much so I just have to be patient maybe they will eventually get in touch in the next couple of years.. my first choice is Galway, it doesn't seem to be popular in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭luke in cork

Ya I agree there is too much worry about the OOM.

• Advertisement

Itainire wrote: »
    Thank you so much so I just have to be patient maybe they will eventually get in touch in the next couple of years.. my first choice is Galway, it doesn't seem to be popular in this thread

Galway is popular enough as far as I know! But still i expect Dublin to popular choice! They couldn't physically update people all the time , because as at any one time there are multiple competitions going on, I'm currently going for promotion and that is currently on going... With detailed applications, and I know there are multiple more ongoing competition also!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

Best of luck to anyone doing interviews for GISC this week!

mrscoco30 wrote: »
    Best of luck to anyone doing interviews for GISC this week!

Yes from me also, best of luck.

Yes from me also, best of luck.

Thanks! Anyone else have an interview this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jess25

I had mine on Monday

• Advertisement

Jess25 wrote: »
    I had mine on Monday

Do you mind me asking more or less how high - low were you in the OOM? Within the first 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Gruffalo27

Had it this morning Coco, howd you get on I found it a decent interview

Gruffalo27 wrote: »

Hi all those who had interview, was it face to face interview or how was it conducted.
    What kind of questions did they ask.

Gruffalo27 wrote: »

Hi all those who had interview, was it face to face interview or how was it conducted.

I felt it went well I said a lot I just hope it was the right stuff! They were very nice & there was lots of smiling and nodding but who knows! There was 4 of us on Zoom, interviewers were lovely. It's nearly all about the competencies. The waiting now is the worst.

Do you mind me asking more or less how high - low were you in the OOM? Within the first 100?

I don't want to sound stupid but I don't have a clue where I was in the OOM, I couldn't find my number anywhere

It was over zoom
    They were asking about the competencies that are in the familiarisation sheet they sent a week or so before the interview

Jess25 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound stupid but I don't have a clue where I was in the OOM, I couldn't find my number anywhere

It should be in the message on Public Jobs were you were invited to stage 3

I was number 2 on OOM. My guess is this is probably just for the Castlebar job rather than the whole country

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TP2021

Has any1 been told when they will hear their results from interview?

• Advertisement

TP2021 wrote: »
    Has any1 been told when they will hear their results from interview?

He said to me either this week or next week

Great thank u!Probably the only question I didnt ask !!

So bloody nervous. Trying not to think too much about it but so hard to know if I answered them correctly or how far back the OOM I'll end up after it! Zero confidence in myself!

im the same!!!eeeeeek fingers crossed!All we did was our best!I wonder how many will they recruit?

So bloody nervous. Trying not to think too much about it but so hard to know if I answered them correctly or how far back the OOM I'll end up after it! Zero confidence in myself!

I'm the exact same!! I've been stressing all week about it. Hopefully they're recruiting a good few people but we've done all we can now

any1 get results yet?eeeeek

I did!! I passed but my OOM is quite high
    How did you get on?

Ive passed too so we done well��..Dont have a clie about Ooms tho in regards to vacancies!How high are ya?

Ive passed too so we done well��..Dont have a clie about Ooms tho in regards to vacancies!How high are ya?

My number is 32 so I doubt there'll be that many vacancies haha. Hopefully I get called in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Jessie2487

Yes! Didn’t think I’d passed as hard to know with these interviews so delighted with myself!! My OOM’s in the late teens so here’s hoping! 🀞

Advertisement