Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Do yous think everyone that passed will eventually get that call (even in a year or so?)

I am in the 500s and tbh I don't think they will ever contact me at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Barmanhu

Itainire wrote: »
    Do yous think everyone that passed will eventually get that call (even in a year or so?)

I am in the 500s and tbh I don't think they will ever contact me at all..

I'm in 500's also. Tbh I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I think that repeat the spelling out loud lark screwed most of us. We should have just ploughed through and guessed the spelling lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭luke in cork

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I think that repeat the spelling out loud lark screwed most of us. We should have just ploughed through and guessed the spelling lol.

100 percent agreed with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Vologda69 wrote: »

I couldn't get F8 or F9 to work so I just guessed the spellings and I miraculously got in the 100s. Maybe speed was more important than accuracy in the end? Idk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Gruffalo27

LazyClouds wrote: »
    I couldn't get F8 or F9 to work so I just guessed the spellings and I miraculously got in the 100s. Maybe speed was more important than accuracy in the end? Idk
    I went slow and accurate only done 4 pages and got below 100 OOM accuracy always trumps speed because details are critical. These tests are designed for accuracy it's what the job requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

300's myself

Best of luck to everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shari77

job seeker wrote: »
    I didn't get through either! not to worry! There will be other opportunities. For instance, NAS do recruit for emergency call takers also each year. :) I know somewhere you can get practice material if you are interested, I can DM you!

I'd appreciate that thank you , yes I've been looking into NAS also , sorry to hear you didn't get thru either ,.always next yr 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Gruffalo27 wrote: »
    I went slow and accurate only done 4 pages and got below 100 OOM accuracy always trumps speed because details are critical. These tests are designed for accuracy it's what the job requires.

Same here I only managed to get started on the 5th page so thought I had made a mess of it. Unless I did better on the first part and only scraped part 2. Pitty they didn't break down the scores.

Does anyone know if you are already a serving CO will the increments built up carry over to this role?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TP2021

Hi Everyone!Literally just set up on this..well done 2 all that has progressed to stage3 and sorry to hear for ppl who werent successful at least theres always more chances of applyin!So ive got great news & Ive passed and just booked my interview however does anyone know whats included in the interview?Is it aptitude tests or more one 2 one kind of thing?Totally new to this line of work and so nerv!The threads on here are so helpful and positive ..TIA🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Is it just Castlebar that's been called to interview or other areas also?

PAS haven't given out too much details to all those who are now at interview level stage 3.
    Only gave an I'm pleased to inform you email with a number.
    I wish they would have explained it better to all those of us who are now through or individually or to give us a idea or indication how long we will be waiting for a interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Is it just Castlebar that's been called to interview or other areas also?

Seems to be just Castlebar at the moment.

Does any1 know how or what is involved in the stage3 interview?

I would presume it focuses on your ability to perform may look at leadership, teamwork, delivery of service and understanding of the role your looking for but I have no guarantee of that just an idea.

great thank you..was wondering was it gona be aptitude tests as well!Apparently there is a long wait for job offer if interview is a success?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mossie13

Anyone able to guess how far up the OOM they go with the first group of interviews.

With the F8 an F9 buttons getting the info correct is key. It's either right or wrong on those.
    The speed of the spelling is slowed down for that very reason.

Mossie13 wrote: »
    Anyone able to guess how far up the OOM they go with the first group of interviews.

With the F8 an F9 buttons getting the info correct is key. It's either right or wrong on those.
    The speed of the spelling is slowed down for that very reason.

Ya I agree their with what you said plus I be very interested also how far the OOM goes up to.

I think they should have sent a little better email to who has got through.
    Looks like many people who applied failed at stage 2 but hopefully they will give us better details.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Ya I agree their with what you said plus I be very interested also how far the OOM goes up to.

Looks like many people who applied failed at stage 2 but hopefully they will give us better details.

Every Civil service competition is the same. You are given an OOM if you meet the qualifying standard and you hope they get to that OOM before the panel ends. They can't give any more information as they don't know themselves. They then interview by OOM as vacancies arise. Only thing im thinking is that in the last Budget, there was more money allocated to new recruitment in this sector so it really depends on the how many new positions open and how many retire/transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Barmanhu

It says they'll contact us as "vacancies arise and we will be contacted if our oom number is reached.:

IMO, I'd they say they'll have filled the positions after interview the 1st 100. Without knowing the amount of positions it's hard to see them wanting more than that.

But I live in hope and have the holy candles lit.😂

• Advertisement

Barmanhu wrote: »
    It says they'll contact us as "vacancies arise and we will be contacted if our oom number is reached.:

IMO, I'd they say they'll have filled the positions after interview the 1st 100. Without knowing the amount of positions it's hard to see them wanting more than that.

But I live in hope and have the holy candles lit.😂

Exactly my point in saying I wish they gave us a more detailed email.

Exactly my point in saying I wish they gave us a more detailed email.

hopefully that will follow once the appointment slots are all filled just so everyone has the same amount of info for the same amount of time, less chance of complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John234!

Hi Guys!. Just wondering would anyone be able to send me on the original candidate booklet with the job description and specifications?
    Laptop has let me down! Thanks for all your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Am surprised that they haven't called anywhere but Castlebar to interview by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SNOOP22

Me too! Do we know if the OOM is national or by area? I wish we had more info!

John234! wrote: »
    Hi Guys!. Just wondering would anyone be able to send me on the original candidate booklet with the job description and specifications?
    Laptop has let me down! Thanks for all your help!
    Did you get that sorted John I can't find mine but I googled online and found the 2018 one.
    Also anyone else get a message today for their interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

There's a link to the candidate booklet on page 11 here. Yes, I got all the familiarisation material today for the interview. And a couple things to send back to PAS for it.

Am surprised that they haven't called anywhere but Castlebar to interview by now?

Ya true.
    Be nice if they update us.

Ya true.
    Be nice if they update us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sheepgobaa

What further information are people looking for? The recruitment process can be long, trust me! 😂 They provide you with information you require as you move along! You get information and details regarding the interview etc as you get called! As someone mentioned , they call for interview as positions arise! :) You get sufficient notice, and it might be a long wait! I'll try answer anything anyone is wondering about

Advertisement