Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Winter 2020 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Beautiful chart
    A low heading SE for where the pesky iberian high used be
    I suppose I don't have to tell anyone what a northeasterly in -10 to -12 uppers would do from Louth to waterford
    Probably give them only few hour's to call friends in the next county inland warning them of what's coming before communications go down :D

No, You don't need to tell me my Arklow friend. I'm well aware what happens between Louth and Waterford in that kind of setup.

yZoXyuo.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

;);)

NNE or ENE please and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Calibos wrote: »
    No, You don't need to tell me my Arklow friend. I'm well aware what happens between Louth and Waterford in that kind of setup.

yZoXyuo.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

;);)

NNE or ENE please and thank you.

Isle of Man casting it’s beautiful shadow 😂😂

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Turning chilly by Saturday on latest GFS

gfs-1-138.png?18?18

Just keep that warm sector out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Just keep that warm sector out of the way.

-8c warm sector incoming :pac:

Wouldn't make a difference, still would snow on the sand dunes under that cold air. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fairly stunning 00z GFS (until at least 168hrs) and good UKMO this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

GEM better also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just got up to take a quick look. Fantastic to get the GEM back onside. If ECM flips in an hour's time its time to start to making yourself look like Nostradamus by sending a few whatsapp messages. The fact the rte weekly weather last night said nowt about it makes that all the better! Its only 5 days away.....

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭bazlers

ECM certainly likes to play hard to get...but could be full of surprise later ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Polish met Agency issued a be prepared on Friday night.
    Temperatures are expected to drop below -30 in the northern half of the country and around- 15 in the southern half during the coldest periods of the expected cold period notably it's the duration of the cold spell is expected to Last over two weeks.
    Cold spell is expected to begin at the end of next week after a brief milder period.
    Going to be plenty of cold to tap into if things work out for Ireland.

At the risk of being all Netweather about it

ECM0-192.GIF?01-12

BOOM!

• Advertisement

ECM still a different evolution but all models now on board for some very cold weather in 5 to 8 days' time. I suspect a certain amphibian might be opening a thread soon - though we might want to see a bit more consensus on the 12zs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 T2Pauly

Don’t want to jinx anything but love the snow! When will Yous guys start a thread for this possible upcoming cold spell as all roads are leading to cold from this weekend on ? Bring on the Irish Sea snow machine 😀TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

What amazes me is how the cold uppers always seem to be there in February these days rather than January.
    Over the last 20 years it's been our coldest month by a country mile!
    Indeed March seems to deliver more than January

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭bazlers

You couldnt describe it as a beast yet. Time for upgrades still and obvious downgrades. Like to see a tighter gradient if there is to be streamers pushing W/SSW/NW.
    Finer details. Much time to pass...lots of positives though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

What amazes me is how the cold uppers always seem to be there in February these days rather than January.

It’s certainly becoming a trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good morning from a chilly GFS :D

anim_yjc4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

the ECM has finally come on board! still too early to ridicule it for its performance though! I'm not sure whether I prefer the ECM or GFS, the ECM looks a good bit more unstable from what I've seen but it's also more marginal than the GFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Reversal

ECM, UKMO and GEM all very similar for next weekend with the low hanging over us, delaying the onset of the easterly but they get there in the end.

GFS on its own clearing the low south quicker getting an easterly in sooner. While the GFS is on its own, it has been the most consistent and the on the other models the trending towards it and not the other way around. We should know soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭pauldry

Looked at sat24 precipitation forecast and next weekend there is snow everywhere around Ireland but none ON Ireland bar the East coast. This is probably what will happen. Even though the snow is nearby we will dodge it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

pauldry wrote: »
    Looked at sat24 precipitation forecast and next weekend there is snow everywhere around Ireland but none ON Ireland bar the East coast. This is probably what will happen. Even though the snow is nearby we will dodge it somehow.

I'm not expecting as much as a single flake. Showers will die out over land before getting near me from the East.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

People need to remember that cold doesn't mean snow, it means what it's is.....cold. there's no certainty that the cold spell next weekend which looks certain at this stage 5 days out will bring any meaningful levels of rain, sleet or snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Cw85 wrote: »
    People need to remember that cold doesn't mean snow, it means what it's is.....cold. there's no certainty that the cold spell next weekend which looks certain at this stage 5 days out will bring any meaningful levels of rain, sleet or snow.

If its coming from the east and cold enough the Irish sea guarantees snow but only for the people living in the preferred areas.

Reversal wrote: »
    ECM, UKMO and GEM all very similar for next weekend with the low hanging over us, delaying the onset of the easterly but they get there in the end.

GFS on its own clearing the low south quicker getting an easterly in sooner. While the GFS is on its own, it has been the most consistent and the on the other models the trending towards it and not the other way around. We should know soon enough.

Yep those three models have sort of converged on a solution whereas the GFS is being very stubborn with it's evolution of having the low stall and dissipate very quickly west of Ireland. Something will have to give eventually but fantastic to see the ECM come on board this morning, maybe we're starting to see a little bit of clarity.

UW120-21-aaaa.gif

ECM1-120-aaaa.gif

gem-0-120-aaaaaa.png

gfs-0-120-aaaa.png

Cw85 wrote: »

On a technical point of information -10 850 temps and lower travelling over more than 60kms of water will bring snow showers onto the coast in low pressure
    No doubt about that no uncertainty

GFS maybe edging towards the others on the 6z with the low moving further east and stalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Great that things are falling into place.
    At this stage it looks highly likely the cold will arrive at the weekend. Exactly how good the cold spell will be/ how cold/ how much snow/ how long, is what we will have to wait and see over the next few days.
    One thing I dont want to see is delays or any of that kind of bs. We need the cold to strike at the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Our snow and cold here came in February and March last winter. We had snow on our hills last for at least two or three weeks.

I know watching models roll out frame by frame is stupid and a waste of time, but I've been locked down unable to go further than 5km from my house and not able to meet people for weeks (its a long story, basically they say a guy ate a bat in Wuhan, China...) so humour me! The 6z GFS is very different and I don't know if it is going to get the real cold in. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

6z GFS is showing how it can/will go wrong. Mild air being sucked in from southern europe making up the initial blast of the 'easterly'.

Not pretty. No bones about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Its all gone down the ****ter again...am done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement