Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Winter 2020 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Dazler97 wrote: »
    I'll officially it name Karen

I was thinking Snowphelia has a nice ring to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

I have been giving the GFS whiskey all day since last nights pub run should I continue to do so?

Yes please! Keep it proper drunk for about 2 weeks please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Control run cut from the same cloth at 144hrs

gens-0-1-144.png

Another thing is surface cold coming off the continent would mean any 'mild' blip being hardly noticeable really but a long way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I was thinking Snowphelia has a nice ring to it :)

Omg yes that's even better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

GFS all over the place in FI, there's no point in getting excited beyond 120. Mad charts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

snowgal wrote: »
    Yes please! Keep it proper drunk for about 2 weeks please :D

I only have supplies to keep it drunk for the next 10 days then I will have a to start giving it antifreeze

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

GFS all over the place in FI, there's no point in getting excited beyond 120. Mad charts.

All over the place? It’s having an all weekend bender!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

GEM trying it's best to raise heights north but keeps taking knocks from the Atlantic. Might still get there in FI

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭almostthere12

I have been giving the GFS whiskey all day since last nights pub run should I continue to do so?

Whiskey.......the GFS is coked up to his eyeballs!! 😳

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

GFS 12z for Thursday

GFSOPEU12_90_1.png

GFS 12z for Friday 19th

GFSOPEU12_294_1.png

8 days apart from each other but for Ireland and much of europe these are almost identical. The time between both charts contains some very cold weather if a little short lived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I'd say you're some craic on a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

GEM trying it's best to raise heights north but keeps taking knocks from the Atlantic. Might still get there in FI

The GEM solution is close to some of the long range forecasts. I hope the ECM is not similar to it. The UKMO could go either way. The GFS is well backed by its members. Also this week should tell you a lot about that low on the 19th. I will be very surprised if that deep lows exists like that on the 18th, it will become flabbier and likely stall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Those heights to the north in FI on GFS are absolutely beautiful. Lovely to see the low pressure systems slide below us.

But the best thing about GFS is the prospect of getting a significant snow event for most of the country on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Gonzo wrote: »
    GFS 12z for Thursday

GFSOPEU12_90_1.png

GFS 12z for Friday 19th

GFSOPEU12_294_1.png

8 days apart from each other but for Ireland and much of europe these are almost identical. The time between both charts contains some very cold weather if a little short lived.

Gonzo, would that output for thurs 11th mean the incoming snow/mild front never makes it?
    Any support for that or just an outlier? Asking from the south coast..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dazler97 wrote: »
    Omg we just need it to cum over Ireland literally as it will be snow, I'm buzzing now especially if these models keep up

Not sure what white stuff you're looking for!

I know it's all FI, however the fact that these trends are there over a few runs rather than a rouge random outlier is somewhat promising. No real long term signs of a raging Atlantic at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Tiny snow flurry in D5 but a few snow flakes nonetheless :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'd say you're some craic on a session.
    Jeez dude, live and let live... At least they're discussing the model output.

Since this event made the news there's been a lot of people mouthing off at each other, I wish it would stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

EC keeping continental surface cold air into the east/northeast on this run?

ECM1-144.GIF?07-0

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ECM not far at all from GFS but doesn't build that Scandi high far enough north. Plenty to work with for future runs though.

ECM1-168.GIF?07-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lovely run all the same

ECM1-192.gif

• Advertisement

The ECM is close to being a great run.It will be cruel if that high stays too close by, but it would fit with the Met Eireann monthly of mainly dry weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This is a bit of a pain in the hole... Need that Scandi high to be moving in the opposite direction

anim_gli7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

This is a bit of a pain in the hole... Need that Scandi high to be moving in the opposite direction

anim_gli7.gif

Extends towards Greenland at +240 ;)

Get in there!! A Greenland High would be very nice! Just as long as it does not end up too far west.

Not much love for a Greenland High scenario in here it seems. Damn you all, maybe you be snowed into your houses for this insolence!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭bazlers

Not much love for a Greenland High scenario in here it seems. Damn you all, maybe you be snowed into your houses for this insolence!:pac:

Its been a long well of model watching. I think peeps just want to see snow and cold and not just on a screen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

I always find it strange that so many here tend to equate a Scandi high with snow when a Greenland or Greenland/Iceland high is a much better prospect for most of Ireland. East coast bias or influence from the likes of netweather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

ECM and GFS around 216 hrs are not that far apart, which is unusual. But GFS brings in the cold, and ECM keeps the cold just too far south. It could be rinse and repeat in here next weekend. Have I got the strength to counter the over optimism?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

ECM and GFS around 216 hrs are not that far apart, which is unusual. But GFS brings in the cold, and ECM keeps the cold just too far south. It could be rinse and repeat in here next weekend. Have I got the strength to counter the over optimism?

Yes you do because we've came this far into winter and usually we've had a few named storms but we haven't so here's hoping for a colder latter half of February and into March, bring it on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Please no!! I’ve had enough of your negativity!! But then I realised earlier you don’t live on the east coast.....so I’d probably be negative too regarding snow chances this week if I lived in the midlands! That said, I think you’re in with a very good chance of snow on Thursday!!

D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement