Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach shocked and dismayed at Sinn Fein TDs tweet on IRA attacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Stanley has been a Town Councillor then Councilor then TD since 1999, what other job had he? no mention of it in his election leaflets from 2011 https://irishelectionliterature.com/2011/03/01/leaflet-from-brian-stanley-sinn-fein-laois-offaly-2011-ge/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I have no doubt if those people go after him they'll get their man. But there you go.

Would that be such a bad thing? He's very obviously an ineloquent idiot of absolutely no parliamentary value whatsoever. His type are ten a penny in the Dáil - hard workers, good at pulling in the votes and getting stuff done for their constituencies, but an absolute embarrassment whenever they open their mouths.

If Sinn Féin want to distinguish themselves from the likes of FF and FG, they should ditch him and replace him with someone who isn't thick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

.anon. wrote: »
    Would that be such a bad thing? He's very obviously an ineloquent idiot of absolutely no parliamentary value whatsoever. His type are ten a penny in the Dáil - hard workers, good at pulling in the votes and getting stuff done for their constituencies, but an absolute embarrassment whenever they open their mouths.

If Sinn Féin want to distinguish themselves from the likes of FF and FG, they should ditch him and replace him with someone who isn't thick.

If he goes Leo and McEntee (who both done far worse) will be following and as we know LV runs our Govt so that wont happen

• Registered Users Posts: 66,896 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You just want rid of parliamentary idiots now - have you a big bus?

• Advertisement

You just want rid of parliamentary idiots now - have you a big bus?

The fact that there are other idiots in there doesn't mean he shouldn't be made an example of.

The fact that there are other idiots in there doesn't mean he shouldn't be made an example of.

Well it does...but anyway.

Well it does...but anyway.

Not if Sinn Féin aspires to a higher standard of politics than Fianna Fail.

I must draw up a list of idiots in the Dáil sometime, I would hazard a guess I would have a cross sample of all TD's.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is about time that this dog-whistle homophobia (and racism) is stamped out. Sites like boards should be taking the lead on this.

Hahahahahahahaha

Boards knows where it’s bread is buttered. Most of their remaining user base are dog-whistlers and ‘concerned citizens’.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahaha

Boards knows where it’s bread is buttered. Most of their remaining user base are dog-whistlers and ‘concerned citizens’.

I have called out people on this site for thinly veiled anti women and fat shaming comments, expecting some support from the 'permanently outraged about something a shinner did' crowd, but no, all I got was abuse for it.

Faux outrage in search of a victim to use for political gain, is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

What exactly is wrong with that? she is entitled to hire people and is doing exactly what is in the regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Can't all spend 20,000 of yours and mine money getting someone to write their tweets Shelga. (and STILL get yourself laughed off the stage on that social media)

And get back to us when you work out why it is you can't buy a house.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tweet-deal-madigan-uses-20000-of-taxpayers-cash-on-her-social-media-image-37723947.html

From the article:

"A spokesperson for Ms Madigan said the salary will be funded using an allowance available to all Dáil deputies."

Are these the allowances the Shinners were claiming during lockdown by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Personally I (and ( suspect many others) couldn't give a f*ck about their standard of politics as long as they turn the ship around through legislation and do something about the cost of living. I actually think people are putting far, far too much faith in this misguided idea that young people will not vote out of self-interest when backed into a corner.

What exactly is wrong with that? she is entitled to hire people and is doing exactly what is in the regulations.

Nothing wrong with it. Never said there was (mind you after her tweet last night that job might be coming up soon. :)) I just said not everyone has somebody to write their tweets for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

OMG Chinese chicken Covid alert :eek:

Listening to McDonald and others you'd think that Stanley was some statesman-like character, totally irreplaceable as the chair of the public Accounts Committee, when in reality he's a little bit simple & gullible, which totally explains his latest faux pas.

OMG Chinese chicken Covid alert :eek:

Listening to McDonald and others you'd think that Stanley was some statesman-like character, totally irreplaceable as the chair of the public Accounts Committee, when in reality he's a little bit simple.

Listening to Catherine Murphy and his colleagues and the CC he seems to have garnered respect for his work on the PAC.

Were they telling lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Some of this thread are cesspits, none the less there is the odd nugget of sense.

Can any calm logical rational SF supporter hazard a guess why they attract a certain type of supporter? why are so many SF supporters more interested in hoping to land a grenade on FG or framing FG as an Irish tory party that in actual policies in fact they would only have a vague notion about policies of the party they support?

I would say there is multiple reasons for it.

Listening to that radio interview he doesn't come across as the brightest star in the sky, does he :cool:

Bowie wrote: »
    Likely a reference to people who like to get up early? I think denying student nurses money will take over from historic tweets.
    Where in that tweet is 'attention drawn to Varadkar's sexual orientation'?

WTF it was in response to Varadkar's 'people who get up early in the morning' gaff, that even Coveney criticised.
    If you see homophobia because somebody mentioned 'bed' in reply to somebody talking about 'people who get up early in the morning' tis you guys need help tbh.
    Normal One wrote: »

More faux outrage.

Some of these posts from this morning defending Stanley look more than a little silly now that he has admitted it was a reference to Varadkar's sexuality.

He did say short tweets can be mis-interpreted.

Yes, Francie, short tweets can be misinterpreted, but in this case, it was the people defending him this morning who were guilty of misinterpretation.

• Advertisement

Listening to that radio interview he doesn't come across as the brightest star, does he :cool:

The fact that he doesn't see the need to apologise and that his party leader agrees with that only confirms the lack of empathy and understanding that Sinn Fein have for people who disagree with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Listening to that radio interview he doesn't come across as the brightest star, does he :cool:

It takes one to know one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭KarlMarks

Stanley should apologise for the gay tweet as it could be construed as being homophobic. He should never have been made apologise for the tweet that rightfully celebrated two successful actions against a foreign army on this island.

It takes one to know one.

Deep man :rolleyes:

mariaalice wrote: »
    Some of this thread are cesspits, none the less there is the odd nugget of sense.

Can any calm logical rational SF supporter hazard a guess why they attract a certain type of supporter? why are so many SF supporters more interested in hoping to land a grenade on FG or framing FG as an Irish tory party that in actual policies in fact they would only have a vague notion about policies of the party they support?

The vast majority of people who voted SF, did so because the people (especially the under 40s) are fed up of jobs for the boys, banks getting away with whatever they like, insurance companies ripping the general public off, rent prices at a record high meaning people cant save for mortages etc.....

FG are an Irish Tory party, its clear to see.

And I did give FF a chance at the start of the year, but they havnt changed one bit and have a leader whos goal is not to run the country but have the title of leader (although everyone knows hes not leading, Leo is)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

FYI, I actually think that he should go on account of the homophobic and moronically ignorant COVID remarks. My defence of him in this thread is solely related to his tweets celebrating justified attacks against Crown Forces. The former are things the party should, in my view, be actively dealing with.

Still doesn't trump the cost of living and the absolute f*cking nightmare I've seen so many of my friends who don't live in their family homes go through over the past two years so SF still have my vote regardless. But they should deal with that kind of sh!te within their ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭KarlMarks

FYI, I actually think that he should go on account of the homophobic and moronically ignorant COVID remarks. My defence of him in this thread is solely related to his tweets celebrating justified attacks against Crown Forces. The former are things the party should, in my view, be actively dealing with.

Still doesn't trump the cost of living and the absolute f*cking nightmare I've seen so many of my friends who don't live in their family homes go through over the past two years so SF still have my vote regardless. But they should deal with that kind of sh!te within their ranks.

Our former minister of health didn't even know what covid-19 meant. Stanley said some things on the radio in March when we had the wealthy flying out to Cheltenham and didn't know all the details about the disease. He was also being put under pressure to answer a stupid question by a well known blueshirt radio presenter. Nothing to see here.

blanch152 wrote: »
    The fact that he doesn't see the need to apologise and that his party leader agrees with that only confirms the lack of empathy and understanding that Sinn Fein have for people who disagree with them.

He has nothing to aplogise for.

"party leader agrees with that only confirms the lack of empathy and understanding that Sinn Fein have for people who disagree with them" Have you heard LV talk about anyone who disgress with his views (i.e Dr Tony?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mariaalice wrote: »

I can't speak for party members but all kinds of people gave them a vote. Based on the numbers they are the same kind of people vote for every other party.
    What kind of people attack or demean others for not voting how'd they'd like?

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    I can't speak for party members but all kinds of people gave them a vote. Based on the numbers they are the same kind of people vote for every other party.
    What kind of people attack or demean others for not voting how'd they'd like?

FG bots

Advertisement