Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach shocked and dismayed at Sinn Fein TDs tweet on IRA attacks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So, Stanley was suddenly out of the blue after years of standing for gay rights making a homophobic comment in public on Varadkar.

Equally preposterous.

You are being manipulated, that was why the tweet was chosen. It is sufficiently ambiguous for this back and forth.
    So ambiguous I initially thought it was referencing the 'early risers' gaff.

Times like that, I look at his/her track record before opening the trapdoor.

It was a ridiculous tweet and I’m happy it was discovered, it was a typical internet dickhead statement

• Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So, Stanley was suddenly out of the blue after years of standing for gay rights making a homophobic comment in public on Varadkar.

Equally preposterous.

You are being manipulated, that was why the tweet was chosen. It is sufficiently ambiguous for this back and forth.
    So ambiguous I initially thought it was referencing the 'early risers' gaff.

Times like that, I look at his/her track record before opening the trapdoor.

The tweet was poor..

Just because he may or not have had some track record in promoting gay rights doesn’t change that..

He had a weird dig at Leo, and linked the man’s sexuality into it.

He was found out. His choosing to bring in Leo’s sexuality and job into it tells me exactly the jibe/dig/swipe here..

And his trying to defend it with “but I have helped the gay rights movement” is lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,145 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

walshb wrote: »
    The tweet was poor..

Just because he may or not have had some track record in promoting gay rights doesn’t change that..

He had a weird dig at Leo, and linked the man’s sexuality into it.

He was found out. His choosing to bring in Leo’s sexuality and job into it tells me exactly the jibe/dig/swipe here..

And his trying to defend it with “but I have helped the gay rights movement” is lame.

No argument here on the quality of the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

No argument here on the quality of the tweet.

“Quality of the tweet” lol

Aye. The tweet was disgusting. But pretty typical of a SF character. Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I don't think he was referencing Varadkars sexuality.
    Yes you do.

But your track record on here is that you would say black was white if it was necessary to defend SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Paraphrasing the dead parrot sketch...

Stanley's passed on! This chairman is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Unable to twitter, Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to his chair 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PAC CHAIRMAN!!

E's gone away . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Paraphrasing the dead parrot sketch...

Stanley's passed on! This chairman is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Unable to twitter, Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to his chair 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PAC CHAIRMAN!!

E's gone away . . . . .

Nah. He's just shagged out after a long squak...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

I'm thoroughly enjoying this latest episode of the Left eating their own. It was only a matter of time before the old guard of SF clashed with the newer, younger crowd who weren't even alive before the Good Friday Agreement. Do you honestly believe Slab Murphy is on board with new-SF's manifesto of gay marriage, 52 genders and building mosques in every little Irish village? The average aul lad who still votes SF out of habit hates blacks, hates gays, is confused by transgenders, hates da Brits but supports Man Utd and buys the Sun. SF are due another split soon. It has been almost a whole two years since the Aontu one after all Hahaha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

coinop wrote: »
    I'm thoroughly enjoying this latest episode of the Left eating their own. It was only a matter of time before the old guard of SF clashed with the newer, younger crowd who weren't even alive before the Good Friday Agreement. Do you honestly believe Slab Murphy is on board with new-SF's manifesto of gay marriage, 52 genders and building mosques in every little Irish village? The average aul lad who still votes SF out of habit hates blacks, hates gays, is confused by transgenders, hates da Brits but supports Man Utd and buys the Sun. SF are due another split soon. It has been almost a whole two years since the Aontu one after all Hahaha.

Hahahaha whatever your smoking I want some.

The youth sympathise with the people in the North as they read the history and can now make a view on it themselves without been told what to think from their parents. Recent polls show SF have over 50% of the vote of U 30s, times changing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Ah now calling Aontu a split in SF is really reaching. One td would hardly be called a split.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

rdwight wrote: »

By the way, I had a look at Christine O'Mahony's twitter feed (https://twitter.com/christineomg5?lang=en). In my innocence I was shocked at the types of attacks made on her for being treasonous enough to offer qualified criticism of SF, talking about attempts made to stifle her criticisms, and then resigning from the party.

Some of the attacks on O'Mahony are as deranged as they are vicious - someone (who lists themselves as being a member of SF) having a go at her because there were black British soldiers in Northern Ireland(??), and some other people with 'member of SF' listed in their profiles agreeing with them - it really beggars belief.

Really hard to imagine this level of bullying and vitriol happening in any other party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

I'll repeat the question: Do you honestly believe Slab Murphy is on board with new-SF's manifesto of gay marriage, 52 genders and building mosques in every little Irish village? Old SF and new SF are two completely different parties. I highly doubt that Slab, believed to be a former Chief of Staff of the PIRA, is up to date with the nuances of queer theory that the younger, college student twitter crowd pontificate about.

63fe06ec8b14211a4bede0ad8482151a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,145 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'll repeat the question: Do you honestly believe Slab Murphy is on board with new-SF's manifesto of gay marriage, 52 genders and building mosques in every little Irish village? Old SF and new SF are two completely different parties. I highly doubt that Slab, believed to be a former Chief of Staff of the PIRA, is up to date with the nuances of queer theory that the younger, college student twitter crowd pontificate about.

63fe06ec8b14211a4bede0ad8482151a.jpg

I get the feeling you'd be against those advancements yourself?

Given that the agenda of wokeness is supported across all parties, this is true of all parties. FG has backwoodsmen, so has FF. So has labour. Ireland doesn't have a self declared socially Conservative party or any note. I think all the parties have jumped on the woke bandwagon just to get it over with, so they can focus on more important stuff. Like running the country.

No amount of FG attacks on SF is going to work unless the economy works for the young, in particular. A party that claims to want to fix housing in a non market fashion ( since nobody believes that will work) is going to take votes from the young.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

it is worse because it could feed anti-Chinese racism

Dear Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

The average aul lad who still votes SF out of habit hates blacks, hates gays, is confused by transgenders, hates da Brits but supports Man Utd and buys the Sun.

Sounds like exactly the type of person who ensures FFG have continually held power for a century despite ****ing it up every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Oh dear God, and SF want the middle classes to support and vote for them. Honestly.

They only have one Harry Potter remember, and his name is Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

I've no idea what opinions Mr. Murphy holds on those issues, perhaps you should ask him instead of random people on a message board. He's never publicly expressed an opinion on those issues, as far as I'm aware.

I wonder what this bunch of lads think about same issues:
    IMG-20200203-235524.jpg

Same bunch who's finance minister didn't have a bank account lolol . Anyone for a whiparound?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sorry now, but how can SF TDs, Councillors and so on not be embarrassed right now.

It is a sht show and they know it. ML is probably going ape sht but is tempered by the REAL leaders Up There.

I reckon they are relying on uneducated sheeple. Gimme a free house. That is all the one member of SF can talk about, EOB. Yah get the rest of us to pay for it while others enjoy our largesse.

Feck right off now thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Not everyone agrees with this stance. For many people, retaliation against a violent oppressor is perfectly legitimate.

I guess it was OK then to murder an 83-year-old lady, a 14-year-old boy, a 15-year-old boy as they got in the way to murder a 79-year-old man?

Were those murders legitimate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

rdwight wrote: »
    By the way, I had a look at Christine O'Mahony's twitter feed (https://twitter.com/christineomg5?lang=en). In my innocence I was shocked at the types of attacks made on her for being treasonous enough to offer qualified criticism of SF, talking about attempts made to stifle her criticisms, and then resigning from the party.

The line is clear.

If as a member of SF you dare criticise SF in public, then the bots will go after you and SF will leave you high and dry.

https://twitter.com/ChallahArendt/status/1335379554475642881

A warning shot to others so it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

markodaly wrote: »
    The big thing here though and something not many have picked up on, is that Stanley was supposed to be one of the better SF TD's... he wasn't an idiot like 'Up da Ra' Cullinane or "Dessie 'I killed 50 people' Ellis".

There is a serious serious lack of talent in SF ROI apart from 2-3 top hitters in the media. They have a few star players and the rest are Sunday League.
    Can you imagine half of them as government ministers?

So if one of their better TD's makes an absolute fool of himself in this manner, can we really trust them to run a country and make hard decisions if/when they go into government?

Exactly, this point was made about all the calls for a second election earlier this year. SF didn't want a second election as they had zero backup to what they ran the first time. To be honest if the likes of Cullinane and Violet Anne are the best TDs you have when you consolidate, what exactly is lurking behind them.

SF need the 5 years to try get some sort of politicians to run, also try drop a few like Cullinane and Violet Anne.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

They are worried.

Sinn Féin on the membrane, Sinn Féin on the brain

The obsession can't be healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

They are worried.

Sinn Féin on the membrane, Sinn Féin on the brain

The obsession can't be healthy
    Eh, I believe this is a thread about Sinn Fein

There's a clue in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,374 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

SF are distancing themselves from Stanley. Thirty years ago he have to book knee surgery

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1206/1182706-brian-stanley/

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

MLM and SF should act decisively now and get rid of Stanley, if not for his tweets, for the Sh1t show his tweets have created..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

walshb wrote: »
    MLM and SF should act decisively now and get rid of Stanley, if not for his tweets, for the Sh1t show his tweets have created..

Or just keep him and let the party spontaneously combust. Such a load of wasters & chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

markodaly wrote: »
    I guess it was OK then to murder an 83-year-old lady, a 14-year-old boy, a 15-year-old boy as they got in the way to murder a 79-year-old man?

Were those murders legitimate?

No. I have repeatedly stated that attacks on civilians are unacceptable. I am merely pointing out that to many people, myself included, members of either the RUC or British Army were 100% fair game for violent attacks after how they behaved towards the oppressed minority in the region. That's where I draw the line, and I'm only arguing with those who state that the RUC should be regarded as a civilian police force and afforded the same level of outrage when targeted as a random British civilian having a pint in a pub - what a bunch of bullsh!t. The latter type of attack was utterly unacceptable and a shameful stain on our country's history. The former, absolutely justified and it's just a shame they didn't manage to pull off a Warrenpoint more often. Might have hastened the defeat of the bigoted, discriminatory regime those f*ckers were enforcing through their attacks on nationalist protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

it's just a shame they didn't manage to pull off a Warrenpoint more often. .

Oh dear God, just think about what you just wrote.

I used to have some respect for your views, but you have stepped outside the pale with this. Wishing death, mayhem and terrorism on anyone is just horrible.

I am sure you will get thanks from the usual suspects, but this lack of humanity and empathy is horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Oh dear God, just think about what you just wrote.

I used to have some respect for your views, but you have stepped outside the pale with this. Wishing death, mayhem and terrorism on anyone is just horrible.

I am sure you will get thanks from the usual suspects, but this lack of humanity and empathy is horrific.

From a lad that liked a post calling the Relatives for Justice headcases and likes another gloating about the strength of the union it's clear your Helen Lovejoy act is a front. You supported Greens allegedly but in truth you seem to follow unionist belief. Therefore your views on Irish politics is not reliable.

Advertisement