Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Another hit on the way as need city cover and I’m thinking Sterking...will be taking out Kane to fund and replacing with either Bamford or Wellbeck.....leaning towards Wellbeck as a big differential and need to make up ground. Anyone else considering Wellbeck??

main problem with sterling is pep-roulette .... he didn't play at all last saturday, so there's a risk that could happen again - or maybe be taken off before 60mins or might get a token few mins at the end.

I do think he should play - but its not my decision to make - I brought him in after salah's covid result - so instead of getting something I got a big fat zero from an 10-11M player.

for this weekend I would certainly reconsider bringing in Bamford - he is playing against Chelsea - who have been solid enough in defence recently, other players face easier opposition are Adams, Vardy, Walcott - possibly Ings, Chelsea Strikers (dunno who will feature between Werner, Tammy or Giroud), or possibly prepare for the following week with a liverpool player - they face fulham next week.

I do have Bamford in my team and its possible he could score or assist, but I think there's a higher chance of Chelsea keeping a clean sheet, financially I don't think I should remove him - have had him since week 3/4 i think.

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone going freehit? What team would yea pick?

Why don't you post who you are thinking of playing and see what people advise.

Lots of helpful people here if you ask for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why don't you post who you are thinking of playing and see what people advise.

Lots of helpful people here if you ask for help.

Sounds fair! I'd probably go City/Leicester heavy if using freehit.

McCarthy

Justin--Zouma--Mendy

Salah--De Bruyne--Jones--Ward-Prowse

Vardy--Jesus-Calvert Lewin

I've gone for Jones cause he is cheap, scored during the week, and is likely to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

McCarthy

Justin--Zouma--Mendy

I've gone for Jones cause he is cheap, scored during the week, and is likely to start.

I’d go Liverpool, Chelsea & City heavy.

Leicester are not playing well

Anyone going freehit? What team would yea pick?

This is what I posted yesterday

Would a Free Hit be bonkers??

Ryan (fodder)

Chilwell James Philips (fodder, fodder)

Salah Jota KdB Sterling Mahrez

Werner Welbeck (Brewster)

Not always you get the Top3 at home with decent fixtures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Had planned to hold my transfer til next week as have 2 transfers planned. Now I have no keeper (both Villa). So the decision is to bring in a keeper and take a -4 next week or just play with 10. Any keeper around the 5 mark that would be worth the -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    This is what I posted yesterday

Would a Free Hit be bonkers??

Ryan (fodder)

Chilwell James Philips (fodder, fodder)

Salah Jota KdB Sterling Mahrez

Werner Welbeck (Brewster)

Not always you get the Top3 at home with decent fixtures!

But you don't have any spurs cover?

McCarthy

Justin--Zouma--Mendy

ok - if I can take this apart for analysis:

In defence you are hoping that Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Southampton all keep a clean sheet or return points from assists/goals ?

how likely is it that 4 teams will have clean sheets out of 9 games ? its possibly but unlikely.

midfield: Jones is as good as bench fodder - he may not feature at all - for his price you have players like Reed, Elneny or if you can find that 0.1 more you could get someone like Bissouma, mendy, romeau - Romeau at the moment is playing quite well and getting full 90minutes in most games.
    Salah, KdB and Ward prowse - can't fault any of them - all have potential to score - especially given their opposition - assuming KdB isn't rested by pep-roulette.

Strikers: Vardy (not exactly on fire at the moment but can get returns, he isn't a bps magnet like some other players - I do have Vardy in my team and will possibly captain him or sterling - I should have removed him from my team but hoping he plays). I do hope there is a Vardy party - but it is possible he could have a third week of limited returns in a row.
    Jesus - another player who risks Pep-Roulette - Aguero has returned to training and is doing well, so there is a risk Jesus could be rested (like sterling last week) or his minutes could be managed.
    DCL - in with a shout of a goal, but is on a reduced supply with the Digne injury (his main supplier of crosses - similar to Mane/Robertson at Liverpool).

who to get as alternative strikers ? - should you feel the need to change, I really don't know, I think someone from chelsea if you get the selection correct - they face a leads team who aren't afraid to let goals in, Southamptons ings might return and if so, will he return with a goal ?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But you don't have any spurs cover?

They ain’t a top 3 for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ok - if I can take this apart for analysis:

In defence you are hoping that Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Southampton all keep a clean sheet or return points from assists/goals ?

how likely is it that 4 teams will have clean sheets out of 9 games ? its possibly but unlikely.

midfield: Jones is as good as bench fodder - he may not feature at all - for his price you have players like Reed, Elneny or if you can find that 0.1 more you could get someone like Bissouma, mendy, romeau - Romeau at the moment is playing quite well and getting full 90minutes in most games.
    Salah, KdB and Ward prowse - can't fault any of them - all have potential to score - especially given their opposition - assuming KdB isn't rested by pep-roulette.

Strikers: Vardy (not exactly on fire at the moment but can get returns, he isn't a bps magnet like some other players - I do have Vardy in my team and will possibly captain him or sterling - I should have removed him from my team but hoping he plays). I do hope there is a Vardy party - but it is possible he could have a third week of limited returns in a row.
    Jesus - another player who risks Pep-Roulette - Aguero has returned to training and is doing well, so there is a risk Jesus could be rested (like sterling last week) or his minutes could be managed.
    DCL - in with a shout of a goal, but is on a reduced supply with the Digne injury (his main supplier of crosses - similar to Mane/Robertson at Liverpool).

who to get as alternative strikers ? - should you feel the need to change, I really don't know, I think someone from chelsea if you get the selection correct - they face a leads team who aren't afraid to let goals in, Southamptons ings might return and if so, will he return with a goal ?

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm not sure what point you are making about the defence though. No matter who I choose, I'm hoping they keep cleansheets. There's no way around that, unless I'm misunderstanding you?

I have brought in Werner for Vardy and Jota for Ward Prowse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Feran Torres to Mahrez a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I did my transfers nice and early, on Saturday night, Robertson & Zaha out for KWP and KDB.

I now have Grealish, Wilson and Martinez with no game. That dont matter, in comes Riedewald & Coufal.

I strongly recommend KDB for your transfer this week, he has WBA after UTD and tbh even at UTD game KDB is likely to return.

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm not sure what point you are making about the defence though. No matter who I choose, I'm hoping they keep cleansheets. There's no way around that, unless I'm misunderstanding you?

I have brought in Werner for Vardy and Jota for Ward Prowse.

my point is about possibility/probability - you have selected players from 4 different teams, given the fixtures its possible that all will have clean sheets, but its improbable that you would have selected 4 teams out of 9 games (18 teams) where there will be clean sheets.... the bigger clubs are not all keeping clean sheets regularly.

Last week there were 6 clean sheets from 18 teams playing(including chelsea 0-0 Spurs) - the other teams that got clean sheets were Leeds, West Brom, Man City and Newcastle.

the previous week 8 clean sheets (0-0 between Leeds and Arsenal), Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham and Burnley.

The week before that 7 clean sheets (0-0 between brighton and Burnley), Villa, Leicester, Spurs, West Ham and Southampton.

Do you believe all of your teams will keep clean sheets ? there seems to be an average of 7 clean sheets every weekend (and seems to be only one 0-0 result per gameweek)

do you see a fixture out there which might be better to pick a player from ? Leeds last 2 game weeks have both had clean sheets, the same for chelsea ....could this game be this weeks 0-0 or will one to both of them break the deadlock ? its difficult to call, Bamford has blanked in the last 2 gameweeks....its tempting fate isn't it ?

Cough cough ...spurs feature on all 3 clean sheets - but they have a london derby !! ...just like last week , could that be another 0-0 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Was thinking of getting Meslier for Martinez as he has no game.

But then I heard there is a good chance Newcastle unable to face WBA also, and they play Leeds 3 days later.... be careful out there with yer transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Was thinking of getting Meslier for Martinez as he has no game.

But then I heard there is a good chance Newcastle unable to face WBA also, and they play Leeds 3 days later.... be careful out there with yer transfers.

Newcastle could end up with a few double/triple gameweeks in that case later on

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

my point is about possibility/probability - you have selected players from 4 different teams, given the fixtures its possible that all will have clean sheets, but its improbable that you would have selected 4 teams out of 9 games (18 teams) where there will be clean sheets.... the bigger clubs are not all keeping clean sheets regularly.

Last week there were 6 clean sheets from 18 teams playing(including chelsea 0-0 Spurs) - the other teams that got clean sheets were Leeds, West Brom, Man City and Newcastle.

the previous week 8 clean sheets (0-0 between Leeds and Arsenal), Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham and Burnley.

The week before that 7 clean sheets (0-0 between brighton and Burnley), Villa, Leicester, Spurs, West Ham and Southampton.

Do you believe all of your teams will keep clean sheets ? there seems to be an average of 7 clean sheets every weekend (and seems to be only one 0-0 result per gameweek)

do you see a fixture out there which might be better to pick a player from ? Leeds last 2 game weeks have both had clean sheets, the same for chelsea ....could this game be this weeks 0-0 or will one to both of them break the deadlock ? its difficult to call, Bamford has blanked in the last 2 gameweeks....its tempting fate isn't it ?

Cough cough ...spurs feature on all 3 clean sheets - but they have a london derby !! ...just like last week , could that be another 0-0 ?

So your saying to pick one or two games where clean sheets are likely and double up on defenders there? Instead of spreading the risk in more fixtures as there is a limited number of teams that will clean in any given gw?

In terms of clean sheets this week, if I was on a free hit I would go with city. Maybe Dias and ederson double up. Or risk a full back for attacking returns.
    Then a palace double up. I can see them cleaning against west brom.
    Special mentions to Liverpool (wolves just lost Jimenez) and spurs as arsenal are struggling to score

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

munster87 wrote: »
    Newcastle could end up with a few double/triple gameweeks in that case later on

Yeah, but its Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sold Castagne as he is still out injured and bought Zouma, only 0.1 in the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 18,346 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    This season is becoming a real headwreck....will stick at it but enjoying it less with every passing week tbh.

Looking at a hit for Grealish and Kane out to KDB and Bamford.

Jayus I am enjoying it. Not doing well like the unpredictability and challenges.

Wellback could be a sneaky pick for you nice fixtures coming up class player.

5.5 tempted myself in few gameweeks Adams other option.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    So your saying to pick one or two games where clean sheets are likely and double up on defenders there? Instead of spreading the risk in more fixtures as there is a limited number of teams that will clean in any given gw?

In terms of clean sheets this week, if I was on a free hit I would go with city. Maybe Dias and ederson double up. Or risk a full back for attacking returns.
    Then a palace double up. I can see them cleaning against west brom.
    Special mentions to Liverpool (wolves just lost Jimenez) and spurs as arsenal are struggling to score

To me it’s a logical approach, but choosing to double up on defenders can backfire if a team gets a consolation goal in the final few mins of a game, it also means you are limiting your attacking options with that team.

spotting patterns and trends on clean sheets and likely clean sheets is hard, compare your own opinions to that of the bookies and see which teams are expected to keep clean sheets and see if there is any overlap.

The same concept can be taken for goal scorers, compare your own analysis or opinion against another source, ie. A bookies and see if there’s merit to the thinking, it’s possible that both may be wrong and that happens in football sometimes.

Edit: just to add a link to pundit predictions for this game week, no-one suggests there will be a 0-0, I think there might be 2 of them. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55144701

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is anyone else using their Free Hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have the cash for Ziyech to KDB as my FT.

Would leave me with 10 players max (Martinez, Grealish and Mitchell won’t play) assuming Kane plays.

Advantage is it protects me as I now have the obvious captain choice.

Disadvantages are it rules out Salah next week (unless I take a hit) and I have to play short handed this week.

siblers wrote: »
    Is anyone else using their Free Hit?

I was thinking of it but I genuinely can see some trainwreck over Christmas, so best off keeping it unless you are at 7 or less playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I was thinking of it but I genuinely can see some trainwreck over Christmas, so best off keeping it unless you are at 7 or less playing.

I potentially have 11 but Kilman, Robertson and Burke may not play

Outside chance Jota could be rested too

Might just take another hit

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Hello All, could somebody please tell me what to do here? I have one transfer, do I stick or make a change and if so who? 3.7 ITB

Wrecking my head all day.

Martinez / Forster

KWP - Chilwell - Lamptey / Dallas / Kilman

Zaha - Son - Fernandes - Jota / Grealish

Bamford - Calvert-Lewin - Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

To me it’s a logical approach, but choosing to double up on defenders can backfire if a team gets a consolation goal in the final few mins of a game, it also means you are limiting your attacking options with that team.

spotting patterns and trends on clean sheets and likely clean sheets is hard, compare your own opinions to that of the bookies and see which teams are expected to keep clean sheets and see if there is any overlap.

The same concept can be taken for goal scorers, compare your own analysis or opinion against another source, ie. A bookies and see if there’s merit to the thinking, it’s possible that both may be wrong and that happens in football sometimes.

Edit: just to add a link to pundit predictions for this game week, no-one suggests there will be a 0-0, I think there might be 2 of them. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55144701

That’s a good call on comparing hunches to bookies odds. Any website you know of that shows odds from multiple companies? I haven’t put a bet down in years so no idea where to look online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Worth keeping Foden in or swapping for Ward Prowse?
    Tempted to bank this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭macraignil

Hello All, could somebody please tell me what to do here? I have one transfer, do I stick or make a change and if so who? 3.7 ITB

Wrecking my head all day.

Martinez / Forster

KWP - Chilwell - Lamptey / Dallas / Kilman

Zaha - Son - Fernandes - Jota / Grealish

Bamford - Calvert-Lewin - Kane

If it was me I think I would bring in Mendy from Chelsea for Martinez so to have a playing keeper this week and potentially a better keeper going forward. Might then also keep Bamford and Grealish on the bench this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

macraignil wrote: »
    If it was me I think I would bring in Mendy from Chelsea for Martinez so to have a playing keeper this week and potentially a better keeper going forward. Might then also keep Bamford and Grealish on the bench this week.

I thought about the keeper alright to give me the 11 outfield. TBH, I am worried about not having any City players against Fulham. The wise choice seems to be get rid of Son and replace with De Bruyne. However, I bought Son for 8.9 and he is now 9.5 and to get him back in down the line is a bit of a pain..

Advertisement