Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

leath_dub wrote: »
    This surely can't be the same Joe Duffy that was campaigning to get the Head Shops run out of Clontarf?
    de law is de law. Except when its not.

A small bit of local knowledge, and there would have been absolutely no need for this "drugs bust"

Or more like:

Guard asks pensioner: "Who lives at number 41?"
    Pensioner: "Thats Chris. Nice man. has MS. Keeps himself to himself".
    Guard(into radio): I need backup for a drugs bust stat!

Versus:

Guard asks pensioner: "Who lives at number 41?"
    Pensioner: Thats the Kielys. You must of heard about them I've wrong your lot enough times about them. The oldest is in the Joy for robbing a squad car.
    Guard: Oh them? Yeah I know them.
    Guard(into radio): All quiet here sarge, heading back to the station. Have the kettle boiled.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29113f9c251db34293bacc7c9a18831e77057fba08&rid=giphy.gif

Did someone mention Joe would like to be a nurse?

Who do I report you to for uploading pictures of Joe. Seriously, I just had my tea and I feel like bringing it back up.

Who do I report you to for uploading pictures of Joe. Seriously, I just had my tea and I feel like bringing it back up.

What colour was de tea?

• Advertisement

I was thinking about Jack and the phone earlier. He has the ear of Joe Duffy on 400k a year with a team of researchers.

Its a samsung S6 phone which means it runs android and must be tied to a Google(gmail) account.

With the "power" that Joe commands surely they could have gotten someone on from Google to point out that:
    1. maybe while he didn't knowingly back it up, it could still be on his google drive, he might just need to sign in
    2. That the voicemail isn't on the phone its tied to his number and so can still be retrieved once he has a replacement SIM
    3. That the phone has 32GB of internal memory which is likely where the videos are stored so simply saying all he needs is the SIM is incorrect

Instead, what does Joe do? A heartfelt request to the scumbag who nicked it in the first place.

What colour was de tea?

Post anymore pictures of Joe and I'll be able to show you what colour it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BPKS wrote: »
    Did he really ask what colour was the butter? Really?:eek:

Yup, he sure did. A true pro.

€400,000+ a year. Likely to be closer to €500,000 this year given how little holidays relatively he has taken this year compared to others. While he will no doubt put this down to wurk ettic and his public service the reality is if there were flights to his holiday come he’d have had his usual 10+ weeks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He’ll have Christopher back tomorrow. He’s getting into the habit of splitting the calls over two shows.

And using the clips to advertise the show.

The HSE couldn’t afford dat Nooorse so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,148 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

2smiggy wrote: »

Is there no end beginning to their talents?

I also really hate the way we've adopted phrases like "the nation's" and "the high street" from de Yew Kay btw.

I also really hate the way we've adopted phrases like "the nation's" and "the high street" from de Yew Kay btw.

I don't mind the nations, but the high street has a very Northern England vibe to it.

I don't mind the nations, but the high street has a very Northern England vibe to it.

Do dey not have high streets in de suddren part of Engerland?

Is that a talking de p1$$ production or for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Insufferable dose

He must know where D4bes buries her dead. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

CH3OH wrote: »
    " Human people" as opposed to "animal people "

From de flats were dey do be havin de raves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The guy that had his phone stolen, some people don't even know they saved stuff to cloud.

Also Samsung have find my phone function.

Catmaniac hope you're doing ok.
    Can't go on cruise or safari in pandamic so an adventure into "hostipal" . :D

Jeff2 wrote: »
    The guy that had his phone stolen, some people don't even know they saved stuff to cloud.

Also Samsung have find my phone function.

Catmaniac hope you're doing ok.
    Can't go on cruise or safari in pandamic so an adventure into "hostipal" . :D

I do love to travel; faraway exotic adventures, European odysseys, staycations... interspersed with the odd hotstipplecation. This time de experience has been grim, not from what is happening me so much, but what has happened around me. I have seen many emergencies distressing situations in life, but recently has been the worst. Take no moment for granted, enjoy the good things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Tankfully, de "National Treasure" schtick seems to have not caught on all dat much.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Tankfully, de "National Treasure" schtick seems to have not caught on all dat much.

Don’t forget “the nation’s sweet ‘art”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Dan Jaman wrote: »

I think Amy Huberman has been proclaimed as such caller

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I think Amy Huberman has been proclaimed as such caller

Self-proclaimed maybe. Or by RTÉ and the Sindo too I suppose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

What will deze stars 'reveal' next Joe? God Almighty save us.

Relatives of frontline workers want appreciation. Waiver of fees.

Cannabis Christopher. Pain and isolation. Clip from yesterday.

People growing cannabis will be ringing in

Who should get the vaccine first?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) front line werkers? does that include taxi drivers?
    2) free the weed, or increase pain, isolation, man cannot get off his couch
    3) who should get vaccine first, internationally acclaimed lighting designers or fake footballers?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Should the hunderd euro annual registration fee which is paid yearly by medical staff be waived as a gesture

Christopher from yesterday

Who shud get the vaccine first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Somewhere in my heart = somewhere in our pocket? Re the noorses bonus yesterday.

Cannabis politely seized? Yesterdays clip. Cannabis = good today.

Who should get the vaccine first? - on this one I'd like to suggest that the prisoners should be towards the top of the queue just to see what happens.

• Advertisement

Of course he mangled trying to make a connection between the last song Ronan played and his first article.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement