Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Options
  • 25-11-2020 10:09am

Previous Liveline thread reaching end of life and ready for interment. Christmas is coming and de geese are gaining girth. Continue posting, in festive fever, but keep it decent. All usual rules.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

:)

pc7 wrote: »
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

:)

I abandoned hope years ago. Whoy do you think I listen to lahvline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Can't wait to hear the exciting news of the best booooooks of 2020 so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

That thread was barely out of short trousers!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'd like to lodge an official complaint re. the New Thread Title.

WHOY didn't one of my suggestions win so to speak? I think we need to have a Steward's Enquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

withless wrote: »

Most of the posters on this thread are a long time out of short trousers.:)

(or maybe it’s leggings nowadays).

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Most of the posters on this thread are a long time out of short trousers.:)

(or maybe it’s leggings nowadays).

I see what you did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Speaking of short trousers, do we reckon Joe will be covering the Carlow school today?

On twodaze show:

Can you validate you're alive so to speak sez de guy-na-cologist.
    Hard to believe? Dat's rite, because it didn't happen.

Betting shops bad, lotto good again!

Restaurant owner gets $3,000 tip. Wow.

Pilgrimages in Ireland sez he AND THEN he lists forden sites. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Speaking of short trousers, do we reckon Joe will be covering the Carlow school today?

As it would involve the Twitter mob, Irish media and 8,000 morons who signed a petition - all framing male teachers as paedophiles before they heard the facts - probably not

• Advertisement

As it would involve the Twitter mob, Irish media and 8,000 morons who signed a petition - all framing male teachers as paedophiles before they heard the facts - probably not

Ciara Kelly wasn't shy about wading in with both feet as usual sans facts so to speak as they say. As were others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

withless wrote: »

Unless the thread was asked to use a smartphone, or remember a PIN, or was questioned by the Brazilian Police. Then it would be a vulnerable thread, so to speak.

The thread has confirmed to me via PM that it identifies as one of my suggested titles rather than the one imposed on it.
    #woke

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

On twodaze show:

Can you validate you're alive so to speak sez de guy-na-cologist.
    Hard to believe? Dat's rite, because it didn't happen.

Betting shops bad, lotto good again!

Restaurant owner gets $3,000 tip. Wow.

Pilgrimages in Ireland sez he AND THEN he lists forden sites. :rolleyes:

Did you hear him butchering the name of one of those sites?

"Medagorgee."

Won't be in twoday, hope I don't miss Gold, although maybe something funny to listen back later. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Carlow school closed by 3pm. :pac:

(ya I'm wildly overusing that 3pm joke, I promise this is the last time, maybe:cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Won't be in twoday, hope I don't miss Gold, although maybe something funny to listen back later. Enjoy.

When the cat’s away........etc etc.

Ciara Kelly wasn't shy about wading in with both feet as usual sans facts so to speak as they say. As were others.

She certainly likes the play the game

Knows there’s an audience for controversy

Also, there is probably only 1 male PE teacher at that school, everyone will know who he is and who have been attacked nationally

Are we thinking of their mental health?

Of course not!

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did you hear him butchering the name of one of those sites?

"Medagorgee."

I didn’t even attempt to write it phonetically as I only have 30mins* for lunch caller. Dat and Lour-dezz.

Won’t be in twoday. Hope yisser all get GOLD.

*as if I’d ever get 30mins in here.

• Advertisement

(ya I'm wildly overusing that 3pm joke, I promise this is the last time, maybe:cool:)

Nah it’s a thread staple. Fire away caller, and Tank Yous For Yer Service.

WHOY didn't one of my suggestions win so to speak? I think we need to have a Steward's Enquiry.

They just werent good enough. Sorry.

What happened in the carlow school?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

on another topic, blind boy and John O'Donovan from Cork are now on newstalk talking about the Celtic tiger. Something I thought I'd never type ....

2smiggy wrote: »
    on another topic, blind boy and John O'Donovan from Cork are now on newstalk talking about the Celtic tiger. Something I thought I'd never type ....

What?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

e:cool:)

Do you ever find yourself in real life using stuff off thread? I know I do :D
    Lots of 'Whoy'? What colour was the xxx etc. Closed by etc., you new here caller:D

I'm convinced we all have Stockholuuuuum Syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

What happened in the carlow school?

Nothing as it happens. Social media made something out of nothing , and sections in the Irish media also got upset for some reason

Is that John from Cork that used to be on with Joe a lot?

Nothing as it happens. Social media made something out of nothing , and sections in the Irish media also got upset for some reason

Just read an article on it. As you say, nothing happened.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Do you ever find yourself in real life using stuff off thread? I know I do :D
    Lots of 'Whoy'? What colour was the xxx etc. Closed by etc., you new here caller:D

I'm convinced we all have Stockholuuuuum Syndrome

Mary from Clontarf, your point please. Oh, you just made a point so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement