Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Haha I've downloaded it but I've the same fear about starting it

Is this Resident Evil Village?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's 16 minutes, 5 if you speed run it. Awesome demo and I can't wait for the full thing!

For anyone looking for extra ****yourpantsness, lights off and headphones on. The sounds are incredible.

I lost count of the times I'd to pause it to make sure the incidental noises I was hearing were in the game, there's a very low frequency heartbeat that fades very gently in and out that took me ages to spot. But I don't know how long I can play it for without developing an arrhythmia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

madmoe wrote: »
    Is this Resident Evil Village?

Yeah it's the demo. I played through there as mentioned there's no actual combat but enough rattles of cages and creaks of the floorboards to get your HR up haha. Looks good but can't see myself spending money to replace numerous pairs of jocks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Yeah it's the demo. I played through there as mentioned there's no actual combat but enough rattles of cages and creaks of the floorboards to get your HR up haha. Looks good but can't see myself spending money to replace numerous pairs of jocks!!

He he! Downloading it right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's 16 minutes, 5 if you speed run it. Awesome demo and I can't wait for the full thing!

For anyone looking for extra ****yourpantsness, lights off and headphones on. The sounds are incredible.

Have they announced any VR or are they just focusing on non vr right now?

Is Destruction All Stars still on for Feb 5th free on Ps Plus? Looking forward to this game will be a change from constantly playing Warzone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Have they announced any VR or are they just focusing on non vr right now?

Is Destruction All Stars still on for Feb 5th free on Ps Plus? Looking forward to this game will be a change from constantly playing Warzone...
    Well they released a new video last week so I'd say it's still coming out on February 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

My young fella (he has mild autism) just completed Astros playroom on his 5th birthday,.

Super proud !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

akelly02 wrote: »
    My young fella (he has mild autism) just completed Astros playroom on his 5th birthday,.

Super proud !

Nice one - My son loved it too. Great Game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Super proud !

It's a hard game, that's impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Super proud !

LEGEND ;)

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LEGEND ;)

I might finally get a chance to play it now!! I can start a new game fresh at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I might finally get a chance to play it now!! I can start a new game fresh at least!

I genuinely consider that game to be one of the best launch titles of all time, and easily the best since Mario 64 at showing off a system's capabilities. They could have charged full price and it still would have been worth it.

So I got a reply from Smyths about my faulty PS5 controller:

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of this issue with your purchase.

As your purchase was made over 30 days ago, please be advised to contact the manufacturer directly before attempting to return this item as they are best placed to assist you.

The manufacturer may be able to resolve this issue or if not they may give you a reference code which will make the issue of a return to us much easier.

You can contact the manufacturer directly on:

Supplier Contact Details: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/contact-form/ Supplier Phone: ROI: 016917379, UK: 02035382665

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused. We hope that this issue can be resolved promptly.

Best wishes,

Customer Services Dept.
    Smyths Toys Superstores

Are they just fobbing me off? Am I better off going through Sony?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Markitron wrote: »

As your purchase was made over 30 days ago, please be advised to contact the manufacturer directly before attempting to return this item as they are best placed to assist you.

The manufacturer may be able to resolve this issue or if not they may give you a reference code which will make the issue of a return to us much easier.

Supplier Contact Details: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/contact-form/ Supplier Phone: ROI: 016917379, UK: 02035382665

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused. We hope that this issue can be resolved promptly.

Best wishes,

Customer Services Dept.
    Smyths Toys Superstores

You purchased from smyths so they have to sort it not sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Best wishes,

Customer Services Dept.
    Smyths Toys Superstores

There was a back and forth about this on this thread but it went way off topic. Contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer (in short).

petes wrote: »
    There was a back and forth about this on this thread but it went way off topic. Contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer (in short).

Right so I should go back to them and say Sony told me its your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Right so I should go back to them and say Sony told me its your problem?

Go back to them and tell them your contract is with them and say that under the Sale of Goods act they have to sort your problem.

I genuinely consider that game to be one of the best launch titles of all time, and easily the best since Mario 64 at showing off a system's capabilities. They could have charged full price and it still would have been worth it.

its crazy the attention to detail in that game

they literally thought of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Best wishes,

Customer Services Dept.
    Smyths Toys Superstores

That is ridiculous. Retailers do themselves no favours with this bollocks. It is 100% Smyths issue to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Only opened my 2nd controller that I bought found it really scabby of Sony not to include the charge wire with it as the price of the controller is very dear. Says on box included with PS5 console, no kidding but come on your controller ain't cheap either.

• Advertisement

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Only opened my 2nd controller that I bought found it really scabby of Sony not to include the charge wire with it as the price of the controller is very dear. Says on box included with PS5 console, no kidding but come on your controller ain't cheap either.

Not that I am defending this practice, but I am fairly certain this has been standard for a while.

Personally I think this is a lot less ****ty than what MS do by not supplying a charger kit in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

RGARDINR wrote: »

I don't think controllers have ever shipped with the wires though. Apart from the Dualshock 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I don't think controllers have ever shipped with the wires though. Apart from the Dualshock 2

Ahhh right couldn't remember from ps4 thought it was just a new thing they done for ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Best wishes,

Customer Services Dept.
    Smyths Toys Superstores

Was the issue the R2 or L2 trigger spring snapped? R2 went on mine a few weeks ago. I got mine from gamestop, said they would take it in for repair when open, or I could go to sony direct. The gf and myself are addicted to zombies co op in COD, and didn't want to be out for a few weeks, so I ended up taking the spring out of a ps4 pro controller and popping it in. It does the job, just wasn't as tight as the original.

Bloody L2 went this morning so only checked on here today to see if anyone else was having issues. Ordered springs off eBay in case the other controller goes, but will drop in into gs once it's open.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Was the issue the R2 or L2 trigger spring snapped? R2 went on mine a few weeks ago. I got mine from gamestop, said they would take it in for repair when open, or I could go to sony direct. The gf and myself are addicted to zombies co op in COD, and didn't want to be out for a few weeks, so I ended up taking the spring out of a ps4 pro controller and popping it in. It does the job, just wasn't as tight as the original.

Bloody L2 went this morning so only checked on here today to see if anyone else was having issues. Ordered springs off eBay in case the other controller goes, but will drop in into gs once it's open.

It was the R2 trigger. Thing is it is mostly fine, it still works perfectly well, its just not as tight as the left trigger and its driving me mad. A lot of people probably wouldn't even care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Couldnt find the official charge dock at all so got these instead in Currys online.

Dock is a little light weight, comes with a connector that clips in to the dualsense USB port. You then rest it on the dock to charge. Works fine, no complaints at all. There's another USB port on the back so you could plug another USB cable in and have another option for device charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Staplor wrote: »
    Anyone else getting error WS-116417-0 when they try to sign in to the PS Store, so annoying, no chance to even enter a password. System up to date, have tried a database rebuild, a factory reset, have reset the internet. Same issue over WiFi and ethernet cable.

Staplor wrote: »
    Tried that, only other devices are a couple of old PS3s. Language was English US, so I changed that, no difference though.

Edit: so I can sign in on the PS5 my phone hotspot, then switch to the wifi to download something. Really strange.

Started getting this on the young lads ps5 last night out of the blue.

Any up to date fixes or solutions?

On Virgin media broadband , updated to 1 gig a couple of weeks ago, ps5 is connected via ethernet. Won't let him log in, giving the above error. Same when I connect it to the WiFi. But it will work if we tether from the phone.

Installed the PlayStation app on his tablet and that is giving an error when I try to log in on that.

Have another wireless access point in the house so I swapped around and tried working to that and connecting to that WiFi network and got the same issue.

Running the network test on the ps5 and it recognises that it's connected and has internet access. I can check for updates etc. Just get the error when trying to sign in to PSN.

Everything else, wired and WiFi , has internet and no issues.

Edit, just tried with his brothers PS4 downstairs and that won't let me sign in either. Same deal, has internet, won't sign in to the network.

Just been told a message popped up on the ps5 last night once saying that the ISP has blocked the psn or words to that effect. Is it likely to be a setting on the new router , even though it's been working the last couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Started getting this on the young lads ps5 last night out of the blue.

Any up to date fixes or solutions?

On Virgin media broadband , updated to 1 gig a couple of weeks ago, ps5 is connected via ethernet. Won't let him log in, giving the above error. Same when I connect it to the WiFi. But it will work if we tether from the phone.

Installed the PlayStation app on his tablet and that is giving an error when I try to log in on that.

Have another wireless access point in the house so I swapped around and tried working to that and connecting to that WiFi network and got the same issue.

Running the network test on the ps5 and it recognises that it's connected and has internet access. I can check for updates etc. Just get the error when trying to sign in to PSN.

Everything else, wired and WiFi , has internet and no issues.

Edit, just tried with his brothers PS4 downstairs and that won't let me sign in either. Same deal, has internet, won't sign in to the network.

Just been told a message popped up on the ps5 last night once saying that the ISP has blocked the psn or words to that effect. Is it likely to be a setting on the new router , even though it's been working the last couple of weeks?

Same exact thing happened to me the day after I got the PS5. I’m also with Virgin. Had to get onto them to open certain ports. There’s a PS help page with the ones you need. Working perfectly since

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Same exact thing happened to me the day after I got the PS5. I’m also with Virgin. Had to get onto them to open certain ports. There’s a PS help page with the ones you need. Working perfectly since

Cheers. I'll have a look and see can I find the ports that need opening , if anyone has the link that'd be great.

Ill give virgin media a shout tomorrow .

I assume it can't be done myself by logging in to the router and has to be done from their end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cheers. I'll have a look and see can I find the ports that need opening , if anyone has the link that'd be great.

Ill give virgin media a shout tomorrow .

I assume it can't be done myself by logging in to the router and has to be done from their end?

Ports you need are in this link

Unlikely you can do it yourself, Virgin have all the fun stuff locked down in their routers

Advertisement