Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It’s fun, but it’s limited. The novelty wears off quickly and before long it sits there gathering dust.

I’m sure there’ll be a new HD version in the not too distant future. The existing one is SD, so graphics are very, very limited. If I were you, I’d wait.

It most certainly isn’t SD, having an SD screen that close to your eyes is what I imagine cataracts would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Anyone using non PS headphones on PS5?

Best dongle to get?

Or does it matter....

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It’s fun, but it’s limited. The novelty wears off quickly and before long it sits there gathering dust.

I’m sure there’ll be a new HD version in the not too distant future. The existing one is SD, so graphics are very, very limited. If I were you, I’d wait.

I assume you mean it's non-4K?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

L'prof wrote: »
    Looking it up here and it says it’s 1080p. That’s HD, no?

It’s 960x1080 per eye. For comparison, the oculus rift is 1280 x 1440 per eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It’s 960x1080 per eye. For comparison, the oculus rift is 1280 x 1440 per eye.

Ok, that wouldn’t make the PS one SD though. I don’t have one btw

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Ok, that wouldn’t make the PS one SD though. I don’t have one btw

Fine, it lives in limbo between SD and Full HD then. All I’m trying to point out to the OP is that graphically, PSVR is very limited in comparison to even a standard PS4 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fine, it lives in limbo between SD and Full HD then. All I’m trying to point out to the OP is that graphically, PSVR is very limited in comparison to even a standard PS4 game.

Just looking it up here, it’s 1080N which would be between HD and Full HD (720P & 1080P). Good to know. I wasn’t being argumentative for the sake of it. Looks like we were both half right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Damn I was really hoping for Ratchet and Clank in April

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone else having trouble playing Bluray discs in it?

I've tried to watch a couple of movies and most of the time itwill start but shortly thereafter I'll get an error and the app will close.

Not a problem playing them on my PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Had to do my first hard power off today by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
    No data was lost thankfully.
    New Miles Morales update seems to be the problem.Won't let me download it now when I click "check for update".
    Was worried it was my 2TB hard drive I've been using the last two weeks but don't think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Had to do my first hard power off today by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
    New Miles Morales update seems to be the problem.Won't let me download it now when I click "check for update".
    Was worried it was my 2TB hard drive I've been using the last two weeks but don't think it is.
    Maybe also check uploads/downloads - I had an update complete but still stay in this list preventing me from actually doing the update on a different game... If its in that list just delete, power off for a bit and then retry.

MrStuffins wrote: »

I've tried to watch a couple of movies and most of the time itwill start but shortly thereafter I'll get an error and the app will close.

I’ve only played one, a Dolby atmos audio Bly ray, and yes, it froze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I downloaded Vigor but after deleting it the icon is still hanging around on my home screen. All game data is gone but that icon still haunting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MrStuffins wrote: »

Played a 4K Venom Blu-ray was fine...

Will check a normal one later...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’m ridiculously hopeful of getting a ps5 for my 13year old son v soon..

I’m just wondering if anyone can give me advice on setting it up... he currently is using Xbox so am I right in thinking that he will be setting up new account/username.?

Also parental controls. I don’t want him to have access to 18+ content. I’m ok on shooting games but not GTA. He can play that in his own house when he is 30.

If he uses his correct dob can he not play games that are 16+?

I’m just trying to figure out most sensible way of setting up his account. His Xbox is so old and it’s pretty locked down I’ve to log in and do anything extra but I’m trying to assess how much freedom I give him with the new console (if we ever get it).

Any advice gratefully received.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Damn I was really hoping for Ratchet and Clank in April

Has there been any update on R&C?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on R&C?

Nothing but I’d image it’ll be June/July before it’s released since Deathloop is out in May.

I figured Horizon would be out August/September with GOW in November, but I’d say that’ll be pushed to next year and Horizon will take its spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Not strictly a ps5 question but has anyone used the gamecards.net website for ps5 games? They've some prices that seem too good to be true and you know that old saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lisha wrote: »
    I’m ridiculously hopeful of getting a ps5 for my 13year old son v soon..

I’m just wondering if anyone can give me advice on setting it up... he currently is using Xbox so am I right in thinking that he will be setting up new account/username.?

Also parental controls. I don’t want him to have access to 18+ content. I’m ok on shooting games but not GTA. He can play that in his own house when he is 30.

If he uses his correct dob can he not play games that are 16+?

I’m just trying to figure out most sensible way of setting up his account. His Xbox is so old and it’s pretty locked down I’ve to log in and do anything extra but I’m trying to assess how much freedom I give him with the new console (if we ever get it).

Any advice gratefully received.
    Thank you

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/ps5-parental-controls-spending-limits/

Pretty much details what you're looking for

duploelabs wrote: »

I think the problem with kid accounts as opposed to Xbox is they can completely stop you going online on the Sony one's, compared to Xbox where you can have parental controls and allow them access to the games you allow...

I ended up (back in PS3 days mind) setting one of the wee lads a child account and we had to get rid of it as he couldn't play Minecraft with friends online...

This may have changed now hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

MikeRyan87 wrote: »

Where do you go to check for a game update please?

Thanks

madmoe wrote: »
    Where do you go to check for a game update please?

Thanks

Same as PS4, press the options button when you highlight the game and should be an option to check for update...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Fieldog wrote: »
    Same as PS4, press the options button when you highlight the game and should be an option to check for update...

Many thanks ;-)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think the problem with kid accounts as opposed to Xbox is they can completely stop you going online on the Sony one's, compared to Xbox where you can have parental controls and allow them access to the games you allow...

I ended up (back in PS3 days mind) setting one of the wee lads a child account and we had to get rid of it as he couldn't play Minecraft with friends online...

This may have changed now hopefully....

Yes thank you this is what I’m wondering. If he puts in his date of birth as 13 will that stop him playing 16cert games?

duploelabs wrote: »

Thanks I’d read that but it didn’t help me. If he can’t play minecraft and chat to others them or wouldn’t be worth it. I suppose I really am wondering what other parents of teenagers are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Not strictly a ps5 question but has anyone used the gamecards.net website for ps5 games? They've some prices that seem too good to be true and you know that old saying.

I think they sell you the game along with a new PSN account, I'd stay well away from that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Stay well away from these types of sites. They are selling psn accounts with the game already purchased on them. They even ask you to not change the account password, what's stopping them from doing so.

Advertisement