Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Day whatever of waiting for the ratchet and clank release date announcement ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What's a little dissapointing is that there is very little in the way of big releases on the horizon for PS5?

The Hogwarts game was the only thing I was looking forward to, and that's been delayed untill 2022...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What's a little dissapointing is that there is very little in the way of big releases on the horizon for PS5?

The Hogwarts game was the only thing I was looking forward to, and that's been delayed untill 2022...

Hitman 3 out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ShaneU wrote: »
    Hitman 3 out tomorrow

Hitman looks class this one....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ShaneU wrote: »
    Hitman 3 out tomorrow

Not my cup of tea unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Fieldog wrote: »
    Hitman looks class this one....

never played any hitmans.

recommend?

basically missioned style theme?

akelly02 wrote: »

recommend?

It's an assassin sandbox basically, find cool and weird ways to take out your targets, I.E push them off a ledge, poison their grub, disconnect a cable on a helicopter the target is getting into so it crashes etc...

Some good video's on Eurogamer of this new one, I'm interested to see it running on PS5, I have it on PC and it looks fantastic on that, my PC is getting on these days so I would probably opt for a PS5 one this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's an assassin sandbox basically, find cool and weird ways to take out your targets, I.E push them off a ledge, poison their grub, disconnect a cable on a helicopter the target is getting into so it crashes etc...

Some good video's on Eurogamer of this new one, I'm interested to see it running on PS5, I have it on PC and it looks fantastic on that, my PC is getting on these days so I would probably opt for a PS5 one this time around

The PS5 version is the PS4 game running in backwards compatibility mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

sounds decent

will keep an eye out for reviews, cheers

TitianGerm wrote: »

Is it?

A bit of a pity...

I played a demo of 2 on the Pro and seemed to run fairly well...

From their site :

Next-gen Upgrade
    Console players who pre-order or purchase a physical or digital copy of HITMAN 3 (either Standard or Deluxe) on the current generation of consoles (PS4/Xbox One), will receive a free upgrade to the next-gen version of the game for no additional cost. Note that you won’t be able to receive the next-gen upgrade if you purchase HITMAN 3 on disc and you own a disc-free next gen console.

When making a digital purchase, you will automatically be entitled to download the next-gen version when you access the game on that console.

When making a physical disc purchase, you’ll need to insert the current gen disc into your next gen console and you’ll be able to download the next-gen version for no additional cost. Simply keep the disc in your machine whenever you want to play and you’ll be good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it?

A bit of a pity...

I played a demo of 2 on the Pro and seemed to run fairly well...

Yea I was just after watching ACGs review and he mentions it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

TitianGerm wrote: »

There's a straight PS5 version of the game, not the PS4 version BC

Theyve even made adaptions for the dual sense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

For people who have the console. How is it holding up on the noise front?

Silent apart from when I start a game with a disc in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I was pretty sure there's a proper PS5 version of Hitman 3? As they emphasis how you'll have to load up the PS4 version in order to play it on PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I get a light hum off my console when playing some games. It’s not really noticeable unless the TV is muted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

recommend?

Think the first chapter is available for free as a demo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

recommend?

It's an incredible game. It's worth noting that you'll only get value out of the game and value out of levels by replaying them, exploring them and completing them in varying ways. If you're more the type to finish a level and move on you'll be done with the game very quickly.

I've sunk so many hours into the first two of this trilogy and it's easily been one of the most rewarding games I've played. The joy is in being able to complete your hits in dozens of ways ranging from the elegant to the farcical.

One of my favourite games over the last generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wouldn't buy the digital version without at least having at least a solid 100mbit connection and the console sits beside the router (wifi box) and ideally plugged in with an ethernet cable (this will give the console the best possible speed whilst also freeing up your wifi for other devices).

I don't think you need to go that far. I have the 5 exactly where the 4 was, on Wi-Fi, and it's at least twice as fast as the 4 for downloading. Not using Wi-Fi 6 (is it even out yet?). I do have FTTH 150Mb, but the distance is the same.

Re: Hitman, I've heard the value is from replaying levels, but tbh, that doesn't sound like my kind of game. I ahve 1 & 2 free from Plus (I think 2 was free?!), but haven't even tried them because of this. As said above, if you're a one and done kinda person, doesn't sound like the right game for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

lertsnim wrote: »
    Silent apart from when I start a game with a disc in it.

Same here. Doesn't bother me in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody else who has Call of Duty Cold War have trouble installing the campaign? Multiplayer and zombies work fine and I have Part 1 of the Campaign downloaded and installed but can’t get the download prompt for parts 2 & 3 from the menu.

Also, anyone else have trouble with the Sky Go app on PS5? Seems to be completely random whether it will launch or just give a connection error when I try to open it. Console has a wired connection so should be stable enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody else who has Call of Duty Cold War have trouble installing the campaign? Multiplayer and zombies work fine and I have Part 1 of the Campaign downloaded and installed but can’t get the download prompt for parts 2 & 3 from the menu.

Also, anyone else have trouble with the Sky Go app on PS5? Seems to be completely random whether it will launch or just give a connection error when I try to open it. Console has a wired connection so should be stable enough.

Do you have enough free storage? I know it sounds silly but that's exactly the problem I had. Multiplayer and zombies was downloaded as well as part 1 of the campaign but I had no space to download parts 2 and 3 and the error that popped was vague, not referencing the storage.

No issues with Sky Go for me and I'm on wireless connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had similar issues with COD, I cannot remember the way I did it but the annoying bit was I didn't know there was more than one Chapter in Campaign so I get to the end of one and the next chapter wasn't there and it took 3 hours to download it. :( I certainly remember how annoying it was to download stuff in a piecemeal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Started playing Uncharted 4 again. After 2 months of 60 fps games it seems like it runs at the framerate of a PowerPoint presentation.

Maybe the PC master race were correct all along?

Have I just become a massive prick?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Markitron wrote: »
    Started playing Uncharted 4 again. After 2 months of 60 fps games it seems like it runs at the framerate of a PowerPoint presentation.

Maybe the PC master race were correct all along?

Have I just become a massive prick?

Is it not 60 fps on PS5?

Is it not 60 fps on PS5?

Nope, has a hardcoded 30 fps/1440p cap from the PS4 Pro.

That's a shame to hear, but in fairness, it's nearly a 5 year old game and I wouldn't expect them to do any more work on it and they were probably flat out with TLOU2 to consider it. I don't see it being added. Never played it and was thinking of starting it soon.

That's a shame to hear, but in fairness, it's nearly a 5 year old game and I wouldn't expect them to do any more work on it and they were probably flat out with TLOU2 to consider it. I don't see it being added. Never played it and was thinking of starting it soon.

Tbf to them they did add 1440p and HDR to it post release, but it will get some kind of update in the future. Probably as part of an updated collection that will include all 4 games and lost legacy.

You should still play it btw, it still looks amazing and the the frame rate is at least rock solid, just might take a bit of getting used to.

I've only recently starting playing 60fps games that are on the 5. I don't know if the Pro did any games in 60. But having finished up GoT a week or so ago, and playing a bit of Valhalla I may notice it. Hopefully not, in which case I need to play it soon before I get my eyes used to 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

J Mysterio wrote: »

I've yet to buy one game for the ps5 dispite having 100 credit on the store. I'm really enjoying the free ps4 games I never played due to mostly playing the Nintendo switch.
    I keep looking to buy something just to get something that uses the feedback in the triggers(besides astrobot) but everything I'm interested is is either not worth the price tag or has a bad review.

• Advertisement

Think there might be a problem with my dualsense, the right trigger seems to require less pressure and is very sensitive. Think someone else on the thread may have had this problem before too

Advertisement