Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Got on to VM on the WhatsApp chat this morning (after 4 attempts and getting messages back saying they are only open from 9-6. The 4 attempts were at 8:45 , 9:10, 9:30 and 10:15)

I'm in work so trying to keep an eye on the phone, asked about getting the ports opened in the original message and they came back with this reply so I figured I'd give it the 24 hours and see do I have access to do the port forwarding myself in case it became useful in the future.

"Thank you for the information, xxxxxx. I will request that the IPv settings of your modem to be changed on Ipv4 which is a requirement for you to be able to do port forwarding in your modem. Please reset your modem after 24 hours for the change to take effect. To do this, press and hold the RESET button on the back of the modem for 60 seconds. The reset can take up to 15 minutes to complete. Once you factory reset your modem, your Wi-Fi name and password will change to default settings. Do you have other queries?

I've never done it before and they didn't ask if I wanted to do it or would be able to do it myself. Presumably it's handy enough? Though I won't hold my breath that the option will be there when I check.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Bit of a pain in the hole that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I had to get them to change from IPv6 to IPv4 so I could forward ports for my CCTV. Did the whole 60 second reset and it did the job but a pain having to contact them for basic options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Need to fully reset my PS5, never had a PS4 so what is involved? I have PS + so will all my game saves be automatically in the cloud?

Thanks,
    M

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Need to fully reset my PS5, never had a PS4 so what is involved? I have PS + so will all my game saves be automatically in the cloud?

Thanks,
    M

Should be, assuming you don't gameshare.

Not sure if you have to enable it 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

F1ngers wrote: »
    Should be, assuming you don't gameshare.

Not sure if you have to enable it 1st.

I don't gameshare at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Did anyone who ordered from amazon get a code for a discount on playstation plus?

"Congratulations! Your PlayStation console order entitles you to 25% off PlayStation Plus (12 Months). "

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did anyone who ordered from amazon get a code for a discount on playstation plus?

"Congratulations! Your PlayStation console order entitles you to 25% off PlayStation Plus (12 Months). "

Its only off the UK Plus code though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I did, but I was half asleep between presses of my snooze button when I read it so I just assumed it was a scam.

I just top up my plus when it goes on sale every November, just easier that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah any one who bought the digital edition got a year PSN free and any one with the disc got 25% off

as has been mentioned it is for UK PS plus only- not a big deal for one year but would be a bit of a pain at renewal I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

yeah any one who bought the digital edition got a year PSN free and any one with the disc got 25% off

as has been mentioned it is for UK PS plus only- not a big deal for one year but would be a bit of a pain at renewal I think.

That's a kick in the stones. You've paid more for your console so you can pay more for PSN too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Markitron wrote: »
    I did, but I was half asleep between presses of my snooze button when I read it so I just assumed it was a scam.

Same, that's why I posted here to check, I thought maybe it was a phishing link
    The certs and links all looked legit but scammers have targeted Sony before and they are getting better and better at spoofing

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Pulse 3d headset available at GameStop.ie if anyone here is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have to say, I got the Steelseries Arctis Pro + Game Dac for the PC and use it on the PS5. My god its a good headset and the mic is brilliant, everyone I talk to on PS5 or PC rave about it. There is also a dedicated PS5 setting and 2 settings for PC incld HIGH RES audio which is 96khz and normal 46khz with in game mic chat function and surround sound settings etc.

Yes, its pricey but its alot better then the Pulse 3d headset which is mediocre at best apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

All I have seen is good reviews for the Pulse. A good device with good sound at a good price. Hardly mediocre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have to say, I got the Steelseries Arctis Pro + Game Dac for the PC and use it on the PS5. My god its a good headset and the mic is brilliant, everyone I talk to on PS5 or PC rave about it. There is also a dedicated PS5 setting and 2 settings for PC incld HIGH RES audio which is 96khz and normal 46khz with in game mic chat function and surround sound settings etc.

Yes, its pricey but its alot better then the Pulse 3d headset which is mediocre at best apparently.

I have the pulse 3d and I'm very pleased with it, wouldn't regard it as mediocre at all

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I have the pulse 3d and I'm very pleased with it, wouldn't regard it as mediocre at all

It is when you compare it to other headsets available. My A50s sound better, have better battery life and have have a better build quality. They are more expensive though.

It's not apples to apples though so it's to be expected. Sound is very subjective after all. I use the Arctis Pro Wireless but you could get three sets of Pulse 3D's for the price of them.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It is when you compare it to other headsets available. My A50s sound better, have better battery life and have have a better build quality. They are more expensive though.

I have bad hearing anyway. I def won’t spend 2 or 3 times the price on a better headset when I do eventually get the PS5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

What would be the best head set for Ps5 also would like to be able to use on Xbox and eventually series x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Will need the extendable storage very soon on ps5 by looks all these next gen editions of games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

brady12 wrote: »
    Will need the extendable storage very soon on ps5 by looks all these next gen editions of games

I wish they would hurry up with enabling it - and letting us know which drives are approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I have the arctis pro & game dac a few years (plenty of use on ps4 pro and pc), but purchased the arctis 7p recently. The Pro & Dac have superior audio quality, but only when connecting by optical port through the tv (but no 3d audio). Both Pro and 7p have similar audio quality when connecting pro by just usb (it's ps5 mode), but I've noticed the 3d audio is a lot better on the 7p. Big help if playing Warzone / BLOPs.

If people have a pc and ps5, I'd definitely recommend the arctis pro and gamedac. If it's just the ps5, Arctis 7p all the way, 100 euro less and wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thinking about PSVR, is it recommended?

Is there a new version or a PS5 version coming down the line that I don't know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Cotts72 wrote: »

Same, mine arrived on Monday and I couldn’t be happier. Even used it for my zoom calls in work today!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Thinking about PSVR, is it recommended?

Is there a new version or a PS5 version coming down the line that I don't know of?

It’s fun, but it’s limited. The novelty wears off quickly and before long it sits there gathering dust.

I’m sure there’ll be a new HD version in the not too distant future. The existing one is SD, so graphics are very, very limited. If I were you, I’d wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

J Mysterio wrote: »
    All I have seen is good reviews for the Pulse. A good device with good sound at a good price. Hardly mediocre?

Did not mean to offend anyone who owns the headset, mediocre was the term used in a review I watched so it stuck in my head. I was in the market for a headset and I really like the look of the pulse but alot of the reviews said they were decent but better out there and a few teething problems cutting out in game etc. They also have the same faux leather soft cushions that crack and peel after a few months so that put me right off. ( i had the last set and they cracked and peeled very fasst with hrs daily use.

I would not compare them to my Turtle Beach Elite or the Actis Pros I have, as was said they are 4x and nearly 3x the price, but even the new Arctis 7P is a better headset.

It’s fun, but it’s limited. The novelty wears off quickly and before long it sits there gathering dust.

I’m sure there’ll be a new HD version in the not too distant future. The existing one is SD, so graphics are very, very limited. If I were you, I’d wait.

Looking it up here and it says it’s 1080p. That’s HD, no?

Darren 83 wrote: »
    What would be the best head set for Ps5 also would like to be able to use on Xbox and eventually series x

Have a look at the Arctis 7x. Works on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Have a look at the Arctis 7x. Works on everything.

Have artics7p and cannot recommend the artics line highly enough

Advertisement