Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Why is Watchdogs Legion so cheap (42e) on amazon? It's the Resistance Edition which, it says, includes the full game

Brian017 wrote: »
    Why is Watchdogs Legion so cheap (42e) on amazon? It's the Resistance Edition which, it says, includes the full game

Because it's rubbish and didn't sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Brian017 wrote: »

I wouldn't say its rubbish, it's just very middle of the road. Not amazing, not awful. Some love it and some are bored off their tree with it. It also released at a very competitive time which didn't help.

Resistance Edition is also only a minor step above the standard edition, it doesn't include the season pass or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Id side more with Rubbish tbh.....lol

For people who have the console. How is it holding up on the noise front?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It's silent for me unless it's reading data off a disc. well not totally silent there's a small hum off the fan and even if I played my games on mute I'd still have a difficult time hearing it from couch distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

If there's a disc in the drive there can be a loud whirl starting up for 10-20 seconds every so often. Apart from that I've found the operation to be almost entirely silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Not sure if it was mentioned already gamestop have a 10er off the ps5 controller so it's down to 59.99 but it's 3.50 delivery. Ordered one there myself suppose, 6.50 cheaper then in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I've a digital and it's silent

weemcd wrote: »
    If there's a disc in the drive there can be a loud whirl starting up for 10-20 seconds every so often. Apart from that I've found the operation to be almost entirely silent.

Same, can happen as well to mine when playing say fortnite so no disc in the ps5. But 10 to 20 seconds the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I know pigsback often host the sales of the maddest stuff but didn't think I'd find PS5 hard panels on there - Seller is A&D Ventures based in the UK

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/453882?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_campaign=453882&utm_medium=affiliate&gclid=CjwKCAiAgJWABhArEiwAmNVTBxY_LEyZCYcSl90I7qSAfuH1wyu3GEfHDLESkB_dmWMDVcvrkhtzMxoCG7QQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

duploelabs wrote: »

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

duploelabs wrote: »

Can vouch for that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Exact same as this.

Start up, it whirs for about 20 secs, then stops and is completely silent no matter how much longer I play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Without a disc in mine, it's basically silent. I think I have ears sensitive to high pitched noises, because I can hear a mechanical hum which changes depending on what you're doing in game (simply turning in some games makes it more obvious), but that's only when I'm playing in silence. Can't hear it under normal conditions. I booted up the PS4 Pro last night to upload my Borderlands 3 save, and it's night and day in comparison, so not gonna complain. Quieter than the PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone else having some issues with the ps5 3D pulse headset ? Sound can randomly drop out for a second or a few seconds at a time , that happens often enough in bursts . Very annoying in multiplayer . Then sometimes shuts its self off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Haven't had that issue at all, and I use the headset for at least half the week (on average) for about 6-10 hours per night. Range is excellent on it too, the Gold used to cut out when I went from the console to the kitchen to get a drink, not with the Pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Same, can happen as well to mine when playing say fortnite so no disc in the ps5. But 10 to 20 seconds the most.
    Mine is very loud when the disc spins. Annoyingly it even does it when I'm playing a digital game. It's got to the stage where I just eject the disc unless I'm using it.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Mine is very loud when the disc spins. Annoyingly it even does it when I'm playing a digital game. It's got to the stage where I just eject the disc unless I'm using it.

Yeah can spin very loud when I have no disc in it. About 10 to 20 seconds can be really loud. Can happen as well when I am playing a disc game like that be 10 to 20 seconds very very loud. Might happen once maybe twice in a 3 hr game session. Then other times in a 3 hr gaming session it wouldn't happen at all. Other then that no problem at all with console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I was lucky to get 2 for both my sons before Xmas, 1 disc and 1 digital and if I was to recommend one to anyone I would recommend the digital, just because it is so quiet compared to the disc version when the disc is spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi, I in the lookout for a ps5 for my son. I’m wondering is there a major difference between the console or digital version? We are familiar with buying games online. But would you need v good WiFi for the digital version?

But I reckon I’ll buy which ever I can as soon as I see it...

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi, I in the lookout for a ps5 for my son. I’m wondering is there a major difference between the console or digital version? We are familiar with buying games online. But would you need v good WiFi for the digital version?

I wouldn't buy the digital version without at least having at least a solid 100mbit connection and the console sits beside the router (wifi box) and ideally plugged in with an ethernet cable (this will give the console the best possible speed whilst also freeing up your wifi for other devices).

Apart for the the disc version having a disc drive the consoles are identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

You will only need the good connection for downloading new games. The better your connection the faster it will download the game.
    Other than that there is no difference in how the Digital / Disc consoles operate.

nedd wrote: »
    You will only need the good connection for downloading new games. The better your connection the faster it will download the game.
    Other than that there is no difference in how the Digital / Disc consoles operate.

and patches, and depending on what games patches can run in the 50-100gb range and is akin to downloading a full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

and patches, and depending on what games patches can run in the 50-100gb range and is akin to downloading a full game.

Yes, but both disc and digital consoles will get patches.

so a good connection is required regardless basically, which is what I was getting at.

Ordered the ps5 controller from gamestop yesterday at 12.29 and came there at 11.14. Less then 24 hrs, super fast. Was 63.50 including postage as they have a 10er off them at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Ordered the ps5 controller from gamestop yesterday at 12.29 and came there at 11.14. Less then 24 hrs, super fast. Was 63.50 including postage as they have a 10er off them at moment.

same with me for the turtle beach headset

next day delivery

the woman was furious, she is waiting on stuff since the 4th jan!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Personally I think the overriding question is how does your son like to purchase games?

Full whack day of release kind of person, the digital will be fine.
    However does he like to find a bargain or second hand? Then you need disk version in my opinion.

Games can come up cheap on the Playstore for sure, but personally I still prefer the disk version, then you at least have the option of either.

Also, you need to consider HOW he pays. I dont know what age he is, but for digital version you will either need to purchase "credit" and top up or have a debit/credit card on file with Sony for each purchase?

I think there is more to consider that just network speed as digital or disk version, you will always have big updates for most games.

Just my 2c worth!

*Sorry, just read the bit where you said you were already familiar with buying online, i assume you mean digital purchase, in which case your only question is if you want to be tied to ONLY that option.

Advertisement