Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rach784

Hi can anyone help... my son got the ps5 for Christmas, he wants to play minecraft but when he goes to log in it says please sign in with your previously connected Microsoft account that he use to use on his PS4... I can not remember the email I used and have tried all the emails I have.. is there a way around this to log in with a different account.. thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rach784

Hi can anyone help... my son got the ps5 for Christmas, he wants to play minecraft but when he goes to log in it says please sign in with your previously connected Microsoft account that he use to use on his PS4... I can not remember the email I used and have tried all the emails I have.. is there a way around this to log in with a different account.. thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭jj880

rach784 wrote: »

Did you try your emails and phone numbers in account recovery to try and recover the account you used on ps4? Edit: 1 of your other email addresses or phone numbers might have been used for an alternative way of recovering the account.

Login.live.com => sign-in options =>> forgot my username =>> recover your username

When I set up Minecraft on ps5 it let me use any microsoft account. Bear in mind if you create a new microsoft account you will lose all Minecraft purchases and linked friend gamer tags from the old account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Sony's CES presentation included some updated release dates/windows for already announced titles. Obviously all are subject to change, what with all this *motions hands* going on, never mind the usual delays.
    • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – 2021
    • Horizon Forbidden West – 2021
    • Returnal – March 19, 2021
    • Pragmata – 2023
    • Solar Ash – June 2021
    • Kena: Bridge of Spirits – March 2021
    • Stray – October 2021
    • Ghostwire Tokyo – October 2021
    • Little Devil Inside – July 2021
    • Project Athia – January 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Anyone else experience this...

Playing with headset on.....My controller dies... reconnect with usb to PS5 and all sound has turned off.
    Can do nothing only power Off/On PS5 again.
    Very annoying. this has happening 4 or 5 times to me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Death stranding, I will never play it again, but wow, the first playthrough is such an amazing experience.

It's phenomenal. It's the first game I've ever felt the urge to platinum. 4 trophies to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's phenomenal. It's the first game I've ever felt the urge to platinum. 4 trophies to go...

I went back to it for the platinum, that is a tough one, lot of grinding to get bases to 5 star. I gave up but will go back to it one day, absolutely incredible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Death Stranding. *Starts again "You need to build roads" Nah Thanks :D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I went back to it for the platinum, that is a tough one, lot of grinding to get bases to 5 star. I gave up but will go back to it one day, absolutely incredible game.

Once you have your zipline network up, it's a piece of cake to grind the bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Sony's CES presentation included some updated release dates/windows for already announced titles. Obviously all are subject to change, what with all this *motions hands* going on, never mind the usual delays.
    • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – 2021

That's a lot more vague than the previous "launch window"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So my console froze there when playing SM, I went to start a mission and the game froze the console then let out a very high pitched whine. I had to jump up and it plug it out cause it genuinely sounded like it was going to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So my console froze there when playing SM, I went to start a mission and the game froze the console then let out a very high pitched whine. I had to jump up and it plug it out cause it genuinely sounded like it was going to explode.

Mine froze last night for the first time in a game of SM.....no high pitched whine but was very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

madmoe wrote: »
    Mine froze last night for the first time in a game of SM.....no high pitched whine but was very annoying!

I’ve had two cases where the game itself froze and closed (Cyberpunk) but never the whole console until now. Between having Rest Mode issues and my internet connection just going and needing a console reboot, to this. It’s getting fairly annoying at this stage. Can’t remember the PS4 having this much issues at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

What do you guys think of the graphics? Just watched in there in 4K on YouTube and in the fights scenes the didn't look great at all!?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MikeRyan87

What do you guys think of the graphics? Just watched in there in 4K on YouTube and in the fights scenes the didn't look great at all!?

Looking forward to it.
    Only game of theirs I didn't like was Alienation so I trust them.
    If this sells/reviews well Sony will probably buy them.
    Only concern is it probably shouldn't be 80e.
    60e seems a better price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I agree, its runs 60fps+ but the graphics dont seem all that good.

Will not be buying another game in the PS5 until reviews are out about a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'm not too concerned about the graphics, Housemarque's track record for shooters is top notch, I have no doubt this will play fantastically well.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Dont really have any opinion on the graphics but that gameplay seems like a ps3/xbox 360 era game. The setting of the game seems a bit jaded also.
    As much as I like Housemarque this isn't tickling my trout at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm about to finish Miles Morales and need to choose which game to play next. What say ye? The contenders are:

Ghost of Tsushima
    Death Stranding
    Watch Dogs (PS5)
    Demon Souls

Ghost of Tsushima is unreal. Up there with TLOU2 as my games of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

.G. wrote: »

Started Death Stranding.

Over a hour in and I have no idea what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

.G. wrote: »

For the first few hours till you find yourself repeating the same missions and scenarios over and over again, even on on Lethal difficulty it offers no challenge combat wise with stealth still being broken and if you line yourself up correctly with a rush of oncoming Mongols you can pick them all off with a bow before they even get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Xenji wrote: »
    For the first few hours till you find yourself repeating the same missions and scenarios over and over again, even on on Lethal difficulty it offers no challenge combat wise with stealth still being broken and if you line yourself up correctly with a rush of oncoming Mongols you can pick them all off with a bow before they even get to you.

Fair play, I had to drop it to bloody medium to stop being killed 20 times every battle, I'm better now but I left it as is, the combat isn't what keeps me interested, the stories and the exploring are. First Island done and still love it. Each to their own, I'll probably never give Death Stranding a go based simply on what I know about it but as you can see here others love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

Started Death Stranding.

I thought the exact same for the first few hours. Keep at it. It keeps opening up and if you like exploring, you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Check Smyths Ireland at 10.30 just in case they drop.thats the time they dropped before Xmas.

Edit:sorry wrong thread, thought I was posting in stock updates,my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Started Death Stranding.

Postman Simulator you mean :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tip for death stranding is you can actually turn off those cut scenes when you encounter those things, being a while cannot remember their names. Souls or ghosts or whatever.

I finished the game not totally understanding it either. If I had to watch another scene about him in the hospital I was thinking of quitting. Annoying thing, you will not encounter early, is maximum build where I'd love more zip lines in the mountains.

Started Death Stranding.

Stick with it. First maybe 8 hours are tough, waaaaay too many cut scenes. Once you get past that the reward is worth it.

Stay strong!

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Annoying thing, you will not encounter early, is maximum build where I'd love more zip lines in the mountains.

That’s part of the charm, it’s basically a puzzle. I have both maps covered with a zip line network. The trick is not to waste chiral bandwidth with generators, postboxes, watchtowers or safe houses. Just use other people’s.

Advertisement