Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Demon's Souls, Returnal and Miles Morales are all on PS Plus Extra so there's no need to buy them if you subscribe to that tier. I've a feeling Rift Apart will be on it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I know there's a bargain thread but this is more of a general mention for anyone who doesn't usually check out Amazon, I saw Alan Wake Remastered is €15 for PS4 or PS5, most of my games seem to be from Amazon in the last year or so. Argos have been terrible for getting any games since I've had a PS5 and Smyth's seem to be missing some newer games too.

Ghostwire Tokyo is €35 on Amazon, €60 in Argos, nothing in Smyth's. Metro Exodus is €17, nothing in Argos or Smyth's.

Be sure to check out the used prices too, often they're just Amazon returns likely from someone who beat the game and sent it back. If the game isn't on sale there will likely be a good price on the return stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Buying games in Smyth's when half price and selling to GameStop when finished with them for credit to use for PSVR2 has been my go to this gen. They seem to reduce games quickly for limited time.

First gen I've sold games. Makes more sense with PS Plus..games more likely to be on the service at some point.

I've sold Riders Republic, Ghostwire, Deathloop, GotG, True Colors and a few others for more than I paid for them.

Smyth's have Gotham Knights 60e down from 70e. First time I've ever seen reduction before a release.

80e in GameStop.

Cannot wait for Rescue Mission 2 and Alyx on PSVR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Playstation Stars is not available here, you can sign up via the mobile app

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got the mail now and was able to sign up quickly in the app. Not that I expect to get many points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Signed up for Stars as well. Just interested in the wallet funds, ye can keep the nft bollox. Interesting to see what kind of events and campaigns they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How many points do you get per euro spent?

I can absolutely see people buy full price games they may not even want in order to level up their Stars :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It's 5000 points for €20 - An example of games for points - Hades is 6250 points, so a little over 20 quid.

What's the music challenge about?

• Advertisement

Ah, answer to the music cord one.

So if I launch Days Gone, does that mean I get a collectible digital turd?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,863 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭jj880

Its a weird one. I think its terrible but people that like it are die hard fans. Wont hear a bad word about it. Not much middle ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Days Gone is amazing, honestly my favourite game of PS4 era

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It is skewed a fair bit by the absolute state of the game at release. Playing that game for the first time on PS4 in May 2019 Vs playing it for the first time on PS5 in Nov 2020 is a completely different experience.

I played Days Gone after it was updated so didn't have the issues people at launch did that turned them off but I found I had to force myself to finish it as it just dragged on way too long.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

Days gone is great with a great setting but it's too long. I enjoyed it though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've been placed on a waiting list for PlayStation Stars. It says it may take up to 2 months before I can use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭a2deden

It was about ten hours longer than needed to be. I feel when they went over the mountain its when it should have finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

That price would be fine, if they replaced the touch pad with an OLED screen and turned it into a console.

”For the Players” they say.

“Forget the players” is much more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

More than half the price of the digital version of the console. That's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,863 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

€90 more expensive than Microsoft Elite controller.

The greed on show from Sony is staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭jj880

Locking customisable dead zones behind this price when standard dual sense are plagued with stick drift issues. Deary me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah that's pretty much my take on it, except I couldn't even force myself to finish it. There wasn't enough variation in the gameplay or missions to warrant how long the game went on for. It got to the point where the game was genuinely just making me angry.

The core gameplay and the world they built was great, and I'm sure the hordes would be fun (only did one small one at a trainyard which was easy enough), but the balance shifted to where everything annoyed me, and getting hit by a sniper while riding to a mission just pushed me over the edge and I deleted it, even though I knew another 5 or so hours would beat the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

They have lost their **** marbles. I wanted one of these but I am not touching it at that crazy price.

PSVR2 is gonna be €750, calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was annoyed I bought a new controller a week before they announced the Dualsense Edge, but now I'm delighted. For €150 I'd have gone for it. For €200 I'd have struggled to justify it. €240 though? Nonsense.

There's a market for it, of course they're going to cash in on it. The problem is people will still buy them at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Closer to €50-€60 if you get the version with the full kit(currently €150 in GameStop) and a whopping €110 more than the Core version without the accessories. And the Xbox pad has a wireless charger in the accessories.

Absolute rip off, the base model Scuf is currently €40 cheaper than it.

Advertisement