Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Sony are insane with their pricing, I am looking to offload the ps5 once I blitz Ragnarok but the 75 quid asking price for that is even pissing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭jj880

Theyve lost the plot a bit olrite. Theres a thread on HotUKDeals where you can pre-order Ragnarok from PSN Turkey for under 40 euro. I'm gona give it a proper look later on this evening.

Edit: ps5 edition is 799 turkish lire. So 44 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah I would normally be all over digital releases and exploiting these loopholes but because I want to shift the console I have to go physical :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Does anyone know if GameStop are doing a waiting list for a PS5 or is it just pot luck when they come in.

Think I’ll trade my PS4 pro in if I can just join a queue. Couldn’t be arsed with looking at Twitter for stock refills etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

I've setup the turkey method, works well, without it id never touch day 1 release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Can't believe the price of the Edge.

Thought it would be 160e max.

Fear VR2 might be 500e+ now instead of the expected 400e but will see.

Dying Light 2 is 30e in Smyth's for anyone on the lookout.

GameStop offering 30e(possibly a bit more if you put it on the GS card instead of cash) on trade in.

Demo of RE Village third person out today:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Played a bit of it there but not really sure what the point is 😂

Have you played the previous games? Gameplay is the same here. Just as much about figuring out the clues and where to go as its about killing/getting away from enemies. I think its a pretty good demo.

Played them all including Village, just don't see the point in re releasing it with this option, maybe it might appeal to a new player but I don't think it adds anything to the game. I really enjoyed it as is.

• Advertisement

Ah ok I hadn't played Village yet so I thought it was a good sample of the game. I enjoyed VII in vr and first person. From reading the comments under the demo thread on HotUkDeals it seems people were waiting on the third person verson. Some even didn't bother with VII for this reason. Seems strange to me but there you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ton of people out there who wouldn't play 7 because it was fps and too intense. 3rd person mode really opens up their assistance range but to stick it behind dlc os ****.

It's weird, I liked the change in 7 and 8 but playing the demo if it was like that originally I wouldn't have minded either! Ppays fine compared to the first person view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

bought sony inzone h9s off cex. second hand . stupid clowns sent me out wrong wireless receiver . sent me one for sony gold headset and now can't connect to ps5 🙈. i don't even know where you would get a replacement receiver for one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Never buy anything from CEX online. A few years ago I bought a few 4K blu-rays from them and when every single one arrived they were just standard blu-rays. A year after that I wanted a Mega Drive mini and the only one in stock was in Tralee so I decided to risk it, instead of a mega drive mini they sent me some cheapo poundshop plug and play console.

They do not give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

ya and they telling me now they will take it back and refund me if i want . wonder where i could buy replacement dongle myself from sony

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First glimpse of Discord PS5 integration via Discord mobile app beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't think you can, i tried looking before. none of those dingles are ever replaceable usually. Even then you'd be waiting for replacement while the headset itself could be faulty already.

They would have just sent on whatever they got traded in so who knows what state they were in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Do you have an Amazon account? I joined the list and then about a month or so ago got an invite and bought one.

Don't update the PS App if you haven't already.

Mine updated and it's an unbearable bright white background now instead of black.

No way to change it back.

• Advertisement

You have to turn on dark mode in your android device settings to get it back. Strange update that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone seen the M3 monitor's release date, the M9 is out already but no sign of the M3 yet.

Enjoying MWII so far.

Haven't bought a CoD at launch since BO2 in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Cross posting from the game news thread but as someone that was absolutely disgusted with the Dualsense Edge price, I think this one is relatively reasonable considering the impressive specs and what the competition costs.

I still think the price is going to be a problem for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I think it certainly pushes the edges of what would be considered 'mass market entry price ' which could be an issue for a few too many people than Sony may like, but it probably does seem about right from a technical viewpoint. Doubt it'll have the appeal for many first-timers, and of course, will struggle, like most VR platforms, to be attractive to those without that killer title.

High entry price for those not already familiar ultimately, but it'll be interesting to see if people's interactions with the likes of the Quests over the last few years has developed an appetite.

Of course, they will have to have a PS5 to begin with !

Jaysus. I have a quest 2 but no VR capable graphics card yet for my PC so will have a choice to make. Maybe a few big PSVR2 exclusives will make my mind up but think I'll be waiting to see what titles come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The original was €500 when you factored in the camera and Move controllers. It's still a very niche product. I probably won't get one at launch but will likely see if there's any Black Friday deals or get it closer to Christmas after a few more titles come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

would agree on both counts.

Considering the tech, the price is reasonable. Espeically if you compare the price and specs against Meta Quest 2.

But I also think 600 is too much. Yes, it is right for the spec, but it is wrong for the consumer, imo. It will get bought, but I don't think it will really do any better than the PSVR1 did. It needed to be 500max, imo - and whatever reduction in spec was needed to accomplish that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm semi tempted but I've a PSVR1 and a quest2, but in both, the screen quality doesn't take long to annoy, but there are serious specs involved here.

It'd be a great one to try before you buy, as I'm pretty sure no matter what I think about it, the missus would shoot me for bringing home a third VR headset.

Advertisement