Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You know what is driving me nuts. Games in my library not updating and not having the check for update option. You only get that from the home screen. So you have to boot the game to be told you need and update so you can update it 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've found it's spotty. I don't recall seeing any notifications that something updated while in standby (seems to only work for installing), but mostly mine update when I power on the PS5. But not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had to manually check for the cyberpunk update yesterday, same with recent Sifu one but usually they start on their own so definitely inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

It seems that games your currently playing will update automatically but if you haven't played the game in a while it's like it doesn't check for the update until you click on game. Something I've noticed anyway

I would have agreed completely with you, if Beat Saber didn't update last week by itself and I haven't played it since the week of the PS5 launch. Yet I had to update Rocket League manually one night/morning and I play that near daily. I just imagine a stereotypical Japanese man with a Sony top repeating "Gomen nasai" over and over each time it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

State of Play just announced, tomorrow at 11pm Irish time. From the blog....

Expect about ~20 minutes of reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay footage for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With this and the Direct, could there be a game coming to all platforms they both want to announce?

Days Gone 2. I can feel it... coooming in the air tonight.... hold on....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

You should vote with your feet and get an Xbox. I heard Microsoft are far more altruistic than Sony and have no interest in margins or profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

You can wipe off that grin,

I know where you've been,

Its all been a pack of lies!

😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wasnt when I checked my series X at the weekend, I had to set it...

I always put the PS5 off when finished playing myself, I don't use rest mode really....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, I switch everything off. Never really leave anything on standby for long, except my phone and work computer 🙂

Especially these days 👍

Not sure what to expect from the State of Play. Will it be games of the level of God of war and FF XVI or will it be smaller games?

Maybe The Last of Us Part 1 Remastered.

I think it will just be small Indies tbh

I doubt they would do TLOU when it's already out...

It was a bad joke about them releasing a remaster of the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Microsoft are too slow to get games out and messed up the new Halo by making it a live service. I cannot stand live service games. Also the Xbox doesn't work unless you connect it online first so has potential to become a useless brick in the future if Microsoft ever shut down their servers. As bad and anti consumer as Sony are their console isn't as tied to online and having to connect to servers as the Xbox consoles are.

Also the Xbox doesn't support 1080i which I know is a weird resolution but that's what the TV I have at the moment works best with. I have a Sharp TV that doesn't work properly at 1080p when the overscan is switched off. I know nobody would recommend playing at 1080i but I'm happy playing at that resolution, the PS4 looks good at that resolution and I don't notice any motion blur. If I bought an Xbox I would really need to buy a new TV straight away to avoid overscan. With PS5 the TV I have will do fine until I get around to getting a better one.

I still haven't gotten the PS5 anyway. I ordered it using Very a few weeks ago to avoid the jacked up price.

Anyone know do Very or Fastway text you before they deliver?

Like a Dragon Ishin looks class!

• Advertisement

I'm not the biggest fan of God of War but that trailer was **** epic.

That's how you do a trailer! I'd try to contain my excitement but I know it'll live up to it. Damn that looks good.

Ishin looks good too, tried Like a Dragon and just couldn't warm to it. This looks more ARPG which I prefer.

Rise of the Ronin could be good too. Seems mythical/historical Asian is the current in thing, lots of games in those settings coming.

I do appreciate these no-fluff presentations.

Was wondering what happened Project Eve. So now called Stellar Blade. Though if it was by Square it would now just be called Eve.

Not a Tekken player but kinda hoping that's the full title - Tekken 8:Stay Tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Fairly good state of play plenty of things caught my attention and God of War obviously was amazing.

The Harry Potter game is actually looking like it could be really fun they seem to be showing a lot of different elements to it the last few months which I like so hopefully it turns out well when its released. Like a Dragon Ishin and Rise of the Ronin looked class. Really like the Samurai era Japanese stuff Sony seems to be doing recently have to get properly into Ghost of Tsushima one of these days!

If you compare Sony's offering last night to Nintendo's its fairly obvious which console ill be continuing on over the next few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Better than the full title of the previous game - Tekken 7: MONEY PLEASE!

I platinumed that game the first weekend it was out because there was f*ck all to do in it, and 20 characters at launch with over 30 more locked in DLC in various season passes.

I used to love Tekken, but T7 felt so empty that I don't hold out much hope for T8. Battle Pass bullsh*t no doubt on its way.

What do ye think of the new God Of War controller?

I do like it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Looks class but I already have two normal ones and kinda half planning on getting the pro one so cant buy them all!!

When I seen the controller pop up on the state of play I was sure they where gonna do a special edition of the PS5 but then remembered sure the normal PS5 is barely in stock haha!

@Jordan 199 you must have a huge controller collection at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

More controllers than pairs of underpants 😁

• Advertisement

Controllers and underpants both get stick drift.

🤣

Advertisement